It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this represents the views of an average American, then God bless America - The Country of Morons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Epitaph25

It's the vicious cycle. Our meddling ways spawn a whole lot of terrorists out there who want to kill us, terrorist attacks happen and we the bullies respond with our full military might spreading our forces even more thin.

I think most Americans probably do believe it, they believe they are safer after 911 because most of the terrorists they believe in are the kind that hide out in squalid caves hunkering down waiting to meet 72 virgins. Real terrorists are the affluent Elite who pull the strings of finance and government. No war, in fact no large scale terror attack, takes place without being allowed to happen by these Elites (or sometimes being outright supported or started by them).

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Actually it is the right and wrong decision that was made. The signals that are being sent are confusing to me a citizen of the United States of America. It is raising an army, dispatching it with one hand and with the other waving the olive branch of peace. When it comes to war and fighting, the politicians job should be to decide if to pay for it, and leave the Military to fight it.
If you look at everything that is going on, with the US congress and the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, it makes no sense, waiting till after they debate on to give the commanding officer on the ground more troops, and then to turn around and shame Military personal for doing the job they were asked to, just makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

As long as you have brought up the patsy McVeigh. Who put him up to it? Who planted the bombs INSIDE the building that everyone has conveniently forgotten about? I wonder. My bet is this job was planned by the Govt. to start us down the slippery slope to gun confiscation and marshall law.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Epitaph25

I have heard quite a bit of absurd things in my life, but this beats them all. Majority of the stupid is always guaranteed.

Show of hands... How many of you realize that this video was edited to make it appear that this guy said something other than what he really said?

Did you not notice those little edits/jumps in between each statement he made? It is an edited video.

Now my question is this, what do you think of the people who thought this video was real, yourself included?

And what do you think of the people who did not get tricked by this video? Who do you consider stupid?

I ask because I consider neither group stupid. one group is more gullible maybe... But stupid is a bit harsh for choice or words.
a

This Video is REAL, my friend.

And, most of the people here easily understood this fact.

The only question was: How much it has been edited? And, does it differ a lot from the original video?

The answer, again, is: It is ALMOST EXACTLY the same as the original video. If people just took the extra trouble of reading the description on youtube, they would know this fact, along with the specific time where this conversation takes place. Apologies for not including this detail in the description earlier.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

You know E, it's absolutely amazing how many people do not read the thread before posting, to see that this question of editing has been gone over multiple times.

What's even worse, is you address the original version in your OP, comprehension problem maybe?

As for Babers comments, and some of the posters who agree with his comments.

It seems to me that we originally went to Afghanistan to capture or kill all of the AQ members, mainly OBL.

Now it has morphed into this thing where we are killing or capturing anyone who opposes us and calling them terrorists. As if there should not be a single Afghan trying to get us to leave their country.

How many more years will it take us to figure out that we cannot kill and capture all of the AQ terrorists in Afghanistan. How many more soldiers must die?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice

It seems to me that we originally went to Afghanistan to capture or kill all of the AQ members, mainly OBL.

And didn't we DO that? Perhaps not OBL, depending on whom you listen to, he is either dead, or incommunicado, or whatever. I seem to remember there being some sort of celebration, where they showed US soldiers and whatnot on tv high-five'n the 'normal' Afghan's. Memory is kinda fuzzy, but I want to say it was 3-6 months after we went in, BAM, we 'won'? Then it was all about... what? Can anyone remember what it is supposedly about now? Does anyone know?

Chrono

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Now it has morphed into this thing where we are killing or capturing anyone who opposes us and calling them terrorists.

That's the whole idea. The US won't be fighting an army of Islamic extremists, they will be fighting an army of Americans.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

If you were tasked with keeping your family safe and secure,and there was a den of pit vipers trying to hurt your family. Would you destroy the vipers,or let them take over your house?

Sitting around waiting for an enemy to flood your positions is absolutely stupid and suicidal. Think of Ants for instance, and when they invade your home. Which move is going to get rid of the problem faster and with fewer consequences: sitting around and attempting to nab the culprits as they disperse about all over your room, or placing bait which will attack their source and destroy it within a day or two?

The OP is completely off base in their argument, and it is because of the naivety displayed by individuals such as them, that we even had 9/11 in the first place. We had a chance to stay in Afghanistan after we ousted the Soviets alongside them, but we ditched their people, and so many of them turned on us as a result of such. We keep making enemies in fact, because we keep ditching allies and the like when we find it convenient or politically expedient to do so.

If anyone is so blind to the situation as to believe that an enemy half-way around the world is not a threat, then you have an inexcusably short memory of the events eight years ago.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

How many more years will it take us to figure out that we cannot kill and capture all of the AQ terrorists in Afghanistan. How many more soldiers must die?

You have it wrong there, because we CAN kill all of the Taliban and AQ members in Afghanistan, IF the politicians finally allow for our personnel to take their proverbial gloves off.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

It's the vicious cycle. Our meddling ways spawn a whole lot of terrorists out there who want to kill us, terrorist attacks happen and we the bullies respond with our full military might spreading our forces even more thin.

Calling us the "Bullies" points to your utter delusion, or at the very least, your questionable thought process. The last time I checked, "Bullies" pick upon the innocent (ie, 3,000 civilians going to work on 9/11), and it happens to be the righteous and noble who stand-up for the Bullied.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epitaph25
reply to post by johnny2127

This is what Fox News would want you to believe. Ever imagined why they hate us? Because, we keep screwing up their country and murdering their family.

What goes around comes around.

Actually most of these terrorist/fighter/rebel/resistance groups don't hate Americans, they hate the unjustified support for Israel by America overlooking human rights and hoodwinking International laws..

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Please, give me example of corporations in the US that readily will kill millions.

Blackwater.
Second line.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
8 flags and this is in new active threads? C'mon, my last two were bumped off with 34 and 21 respectfully.

Anyway, the MSM usually puts on the lowest and cutest people they can find to put their spin on things.

Of course, I bet most of us here would not be saying 1/8 of the comments if this guy was standing in front of you.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

That is totally incorrect, their religion wants them to kill or convert us, we are the great satan and we must either convert, submit or be destroyed.

Before you go spouting off about it being a religion of peace, speak to a former muslim or two, they will set you straight right away. Their number one priority is to lie to any and all non-muslims to further their agenda.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

Humanity? We are but just a newer version of the monkey! Humanity has not been around long enough for our brains to adapt to non-violence, there is no such thing in any species on earth.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You keep mentioning that the majority of muslims don't want to kill all non-believers, this is true, but what you really need to look at are the numbers in the minority that do want to dominate and destroy us and others.

There are supposedly 1 billion muslims in the world today, surveys have been done around the world asking muslims what they think about terrorists, whether they would join the fight or just help out and or conceal information that might stop an attack. 35% of those questioned said they would not hinder their fellow muslims and that they would help them in some way. 20% said they would be willing to die for allah and do not see a problem if jihad is called.

So upwards of 30 million would be willing to participate in jihad and these are just the ones that answered truthfully.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

There are sick, twisted people out there. And yes, many of them are radical islamic terrorists that want to kill as many Americans as possible. Sick and sad, but true.

or, you could have put it this way

"There are sick, twisted people out there. And yes, many of them are radical American terrorists that want to kill as many Islamics as possible. Sick and sad, but true. "

It would still be true.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I, as an American will agree and give you this much, we are GOVERNED by a bunch of morons. To call us ALL morons though, simply shows your I.Q. level,

So it takes smarts, then, does it, to elect a bunch of morons into office again and again??

... sorry, I just couldn't resist that. In reality I know that the election process does not allow you any smart options; only dumb ones. Can't figure out how you guys manage to keep guys like Ron Paul in given the dynamics.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Australia, the U.K are other countries are also sending auxillary assistance to Afghanistan for the exact same reasons. So if anyones a moron, it's all of us collectively, not just Americans.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stinkhorn1

You keep mentioning that the majority of muslims don't want to kill all non-believers, this is true, but what you really need to look at are the numbers in the minority that do want to dominate and destroy us and others.

What you fail to realize is that when you cut a Muslim man he bleeds red. Just the same as you do. Muslims are not a different species from some other planet. They are human with the exact same set of strengths and weaknesses, the same intelligence or lack there of, and the same compassion or lack thereof as any Christian, Jew or Buddhist.

Their faults are due to being human; just the same as a person of any other religion. There is no grand menace out there. There are bad people all over the world. Put your attention on bad behaviour (killing innocents) and forget about making up issues that are not real.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join