It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Swine Flu fiasco - CBC Archived Video Clip from 1983

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Source: CBC Archive

In February 1976, a 19-year-old soldier died at Fort Dix, N.J., after coming down with a severe case of influenza dubbed the "swine flu". Fearing a return of the fatal 1918 Spanish flu virus, U.S. authorities launched an unprecedented program to vaccinate every man, woman and child in the country. But after two months and tens of million of dollars, the program was scrapped when reports leaked out about adverse reactions to the shot that ranged from temporary paralysis to death. This CBC Television clip looks at the ill-fated initiative, which was blamed for casting suspicion on vaccination efforts for an entire generation.

Oh yeah... and I found an article from back in September of this year saying that if you got the vaccination from 1976 you may already have the antibodies. So, the question I would like to ask is: 1) Is this the same thing that was given back in 1976... and if so... couldn't there be the same complications?
Article Source: Sci Am

One of the NEJM studies also showed that many older Americans as well as recipients of the 1976 swine flu vaccine may already be protected against the new virus. In that study, researchers from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report that tests of serum taken from 1976 swine flu vaccine recipients showed a strong protective immune response against today's pandemic virus. The findings may help to explain why the virus sickens children and young adults more than older people, the authors wrote. The preexisting immunity may also prime 1976 vaccinees to respond vigorously to the new pandemic vaccine.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just found out I was vaccinated back in 1976... sorry it was a long time ago. So, if there is anything to the h1n1... hopefully, I'll be covered.

I wonder if the children of the people that got the vaccination back in 1976 has the antibodies as well?

Looks like they made a lot of money off of it back in 1976, I can just imagine what the bill is going to be like this year... Don't forget to tip you bartenders and waitresses...

join