It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New infections of swine flu 'on the way down'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The number of new cases of swine flu has halved in England amid signs the second peak of the pandemic is petering out, latest figures show.
There were 22,000 infections over the past seven days compared to 46,000 the week before, the government said.
To put that in context, the levels of flu being reported now are comparable to what has been seen in past winters.
But there are still 1,000 people in hospital in the UK and the death toll has reached 270.
This is in line with government estimates that there may be up to 1,000 this winter.

LINK news.bbc.co.uk...
They do not say it's over by any means but it's dropping and that is good news do not seem to see it on news over here in UK much now that i am glad of if i remember they expected it to be really bad by winter but it's not that way so to me this is good news.

THANKYOU

[edit on 123131p://2009-12-03T12:13:37-06:000312 by mars1]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
And here is a bit of news i have found on America.
Signs Swine Flu Wave May Have Peaked in U.S.

Although federal health officials decline to use the word “peaked,” the current wave of swine flu appears to have done so in the United States.
Flu activity is coming down in all regions of the country, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday, though it is still rising in Hawaii, Maine and some isolated areas.

LINK www.nytimes.com...
So it's not just in UK what do you think.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here is another one
Swine flu cases still on way down

The number of people with swine flu in England is continuing to fall, new figures show.
A total of 11,000 people were diagnosed last week, the Health Protection Agency said. The rate of the illness is now 21.1 per 100,000 people, compared with 30.9 last week.

LINK www.thisislondon.co.uk...
And this one is for America it's not a news story it's a map click on your part and it brings up a chart of how the flu is there.
LINK www.cdc.gov...
So it's not over but it's better at the moment.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
H1N1 activity in Canada easing

Swine flu activity is down in Canada but federal health officials are cautious about declaring a peak.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zombie Slayer

Thanks for adding that to the thread zombie so far it's better news than what we have for a bit on this subject hope it gets better.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I suppose the decline in cases has NOTHING to do with the vaccination either right?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think they maybe getting ready for plan B since this one
backfired.

That scares the life out of me!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by retroviralsounds
I suppose the decline in cases has NOTHING to do with the vaccination either right?
I would say no for sure. people that had the flu without the shot came through just fine.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by retroviralsounds

The epidemic of swine flu in Australia was over before the vaccine became available.

Our government has spent a fortune, belatedly getting enough vaccine for everyone, and hardly anyone wants the stuff. Doctors will give it if asked, but none around here will suggest it to a patient.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
well, just like mad cow, bird flu, and swine flu, they come and go

Up next year: tick flu....

new topics

top topics

join