It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30,000 More Troops Being Sent To Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I just finished watching Obama's speech to West Point Academy.

www.youtube.com...

Did anyone else find it troubling that Obama claimed he could hold Afghani politicians accountable for their corruption? We can't even do that here in America.

There is still no clear strategy to this war besides "find the bad guys and kill them."
Thats the strategy to a video game, not an international conflict.

Also, do any right wingers on ATS (the most enlightened and well thought right wingers) agree with this troop increase? I dont really believe in the whole right-left garbage anyway. Obama is as right wing as Bush was left wing and they're both on the same airplane. I think escalating a war during a time when 10% of Americans can't even find work to feed themselves is irresponsible and treasonous.

I think unnessecary war can unite the right and left under a banner of monetary and moral responsibility. To me, the security that all Americans need is job security, not terrorist security.

This increase in troops will be overseas for a long, long time. Keep in mind that Obama promised to get all troops out of Iraq by August of this year. Thats 4 months ago and our troops are still there (minus a small reduction for the newspaper headlines). Now, in this speech, he says its going to be late next summer until we completely withdraw from Iraq.

Also Obama mentioned Pakistan an uncomfortable amount of times. Their nuclear weaponry and America's constant, illegal drone attacks are a bad mix. They are a country who may want to truly hold corrupt politicians accountable. America's corrupt politicians.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

5 similar threads already running

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
IMO,
This is not about Afghanistan...
This is about Iran...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A coworker told me that her US Army Ranger son had his deployment orders three months ago. They knew they were sending troops LONG BEFORE Obama made his decision.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

And it's about oil.

As far as Iran goes a local radio station had the author of Atomic Iran on his show the other day. The author was very convinced that Israeli will strike Iran this spring or summer. He has a Phd in Middle Eastern studies and had some very good info. But he said all we have to do to change the Iranian government's mind was to cut off refined oil and gasoline to their country. We could easily do this with our Navy and the help of other navies by shutting down the Gulf only to Iran. He said their economy would implode overnight. It was a good point. Think about it........Iran has ZERO refining capacity. Instead of bombing the hell out of them you give them a slow bleed.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

And it's about oil.

As far as Iran goes a local radio station had the author of Atomic Iran on his show the other day. The author was very convinced that Israeli will strike Iran this spring or summer. He has a Phd in Middle Eastern studies and had some very good info. But he said all we have to do to change the Iranian government's mind was to cut off refined oil and gasoline to their country. We could easily do this with our Navy and the help of other navies by shutting down the Gulf only to Iran. He said their economy would implode overnight. It was a good point. Think about it........Iran has ZERO refining capacity. Instead of bombing the hell out of them you give them a slow bleed.

First of all, Iran only imports 40% of their oil. They could easily improve their "refining" capacity.
Second of all, that PHD doesn't know anything. The only reason the TPTB put him on the idiot box is because he's going to tell you to do something stupid. They could have easily chose a different "PHD".

new topics

top topics

join