It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barclays banker Hugh McGee wants son's teacher fired for 'sleazeball' comment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

Mr Mcgee, who is Barclays Capital's global head of investment banking, penned a rambling five-page letter to the board of trustees of Houston's Kinkaid School, asking that the teacher and two other staff members be fired.

In the letter, Mr McGee, who is alleged to have an eight-figure salary, claims that history teacher Leslie Lovett has a "leftist invective" which "is neither accurate nor part of the approved curriculum".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My guess is that Mr. McGee will likely get his wish, since these wall street scam artists and thiefs are basically running (and ruining) the country right now.

While I'm not entirely sure the teacher's commentary was appropriate (particularly if he knew one of his students had family involved in the biz), I don't think too many folks would disagree with the content of what he said.

But as we can see, nobody messes with the big, bad bankers! They are pulling all the strings right now. Sigh.

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the laugh DD!!

"Sleazeball" ...well I think that sums it up pretty well!

I read somewhere that many of these banker and Wall St types have begun to arm themselves due to a growing uneasiness and fear of common people.

You know there are sooooooooooooooooooo many of us and so few of them. It's good they have begun to notice! The natives are restless...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

www.telegraph.co.uk

Mr Mcgee, who is Barclays Capital's global head of investment banking, penned a rambling five-page letter to the board of trustees of Houston's Kinkaid School, asking that the teacher and two other staff members be fired.

In the letter, Mr McGee, who is alleged to have an eight-figure salary, claims that history teacher Leslie Lovett has a "leftist invective" which "is neither accurate nor part of the approved curriculum".

I am not a fan of what the bankers have done, but it would be mean to attack their children. The teacher should have avoided the subject with that kid in the class. The banker may succede in having the kinkade teacher fired,but usually those teachers are connected also. It is ,unlikely, the teacher will be down and out a long time.

This is evidence of a class fissure among the elite. Many rich people not just bankers send their kids to Kinkade. Rich people are getting hand cramps writing pink slips and they are getting eye strain from driving past dilapidated buildings. I would not be surprised if other rich parents intercede and the teachers job and reputation is saved.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by eradown]

new topics

top topics

join