It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian archaeological team move in to find answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Egypt’s Cave Underworld Under Investigation – Egyptian archaeological team move in to find answers

Wednesday, 02 December 2009

Cairo, December 2nd, 2009 – Egypt’s leading Egyptologist, Dr Zahi Hawass, has revealed that an excavation team under his charge are investigating an ancient tomb at the centre of claims regarding the alleged discovery of a cave underworld beneath the Pyramids of Giza.

In August British writer and explorer Andrew Collins announced that he had rediscovered the entrance to a previously unexplored cave system, entered via a mysterious tomb several hundred meters west of the Great Pyramid.

The cave entrance was found following clues left in the 200-year-old memoirs of British diplomat and explorer Henry Salt, who recorded how in 1817 he and Italian explorer Giovanni Caviglia had investigated cave “catacombs” at Giza for a distance of “several hundred yards” before coming across a “spacious” chamber.

This chamber linked to three others of equal size, from which went various labyrinthine passages, one of which the Italian later explored for a distance of “300 feet further”.

Dr Hawass, Secretary General for Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities, has now confirmed that he has ordered an all-Egyptian team to explore the tomb at the centre of the controversy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/566a79d05a4f.gif[/atsimg]

www.responsesource.com...

With Dr Zahi Hawass heading this should be very interesting, not so sure we will get the truth, I remember the "so called" live expedition years ago on television, what a joke that was.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

With Dr Zahi Hawass heading this should be very interesting, not so sure we will get the truth, I remember the "so called" live expedition years ago on television, what a joke that was.

Agreed. But, hey, at least someone is exploring the cave system now! I strongly dislike that guy...

S/F

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
We still wont see jack crap I bet

Hopefully I'm wrong

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

You have that right, especially if any new information or discovery points to something other than Egyptian. A recent discovery which hasn't been proved is that there may have been some type of slurry used for the upper stones on the Great Pyramid, I am sure that is something that Hawass would embrace.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Dr Hawass, Secretary General for Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities, has now confirmed that he has ordered an all-Egyptian team to explore the tomb at the centre of the controversy.

Yes, has to have an all Egyptian team to explore, can't be trusting anyone from the outside, the truth may get out.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hawass does a huge disservice to Egyptology. Once again denying the truth.

“We are clearing this system now, and it is a Late Period catacomb, like many others around Egypt,” he stated this week. “There is no mystery about it, and there is no connection with esoteric topics...”

(emphasis mine) how could he know this unless he's already thoroughly explored the cave/catacomb? Then again, what should we expect from "we already know everything there is to know about the Giza plateau" Hawass?

While applauding Dr Hawass’s new interest in the site, Collins remains sceptical of his motives. “We knew in August that he had started clearing the tomb,” he said. “The excavations began almost immediately after knowledge of the cave discovery hit the internet.”

Collins is also unconvinced by Hawass’s explanation of what he calls the “catacomb”. “Does his use of the term ‘system’ now suggest that he has found and entered the caves, which he previously denied even existed? he asks. “My colleagues and I have examined photographic evidence of dynastic catacombs throughout Egypt, and these all appear to be carved by human hands.

You can read Andrew Collins' own response to Hawass at his web site, Andrewcollins.com

The speculation is that this cave system eventually leads to a cave-tomb beneath the Second Pyramid.

new topics

top topics

join