It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climategate? Paranoid delusions of the denialist!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
The Govt. doesn't care about the earth or the people on it. In the end it's about the almighty $.

You, my friend, are 110% correct!

The global oiligarchy wants you to believe that they are running out of oil, so they can justify their consumer-rape prices. Other companies know it's all smoke and mirrors, which is why none of them are interested in actually developing the new technologies needed.

If the oil really was running out, even the oil companies would be beating down my door. If the "crisis" was real, and not just a energy monopoly scam designed to bolster profits through fear, than we would all be in a very scary position, which would drive innovation and technology.
No stone would be left unturned in the realm of green energy, especially not ones that excite designers, professors, and industry professionals.

"The man behind the curtain" doesn't want clean renewable energy, and he's not worried about where the electricity he sells will come from after the oil is supposed to be gone.
Why?
Because we've all had the wool pulled over our eyes yet again.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Isn't the local power company obligated to pay the farmer for all
power generated by the windmill?
I know with solar power the local utility will send you a check for
power that you generate.

Maybe it depends on the state you're living in.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Isn't the local power company obligated to pay the farmer for all
power generated by the windmill?

Let me shine a little light on this...

Yes, if you produce more electricity than you use, and that electricity causes your meter to 'run backward', it is now a law in the USA that the local electric supplier must pay you for that power. But it's a little more complicated in practice.

Electrical energy at the wholesale level (which is what you are paid for your excess), is charged at a varying rate depending on what the electricity is worth at that time. During high peak demands, the wholesale price of electricity rises; during low-demand times it falls. Unless you can prove, with 'approved' instrumentation, when your power was generated, you will receive the lowest price your power distribution company paid for electrical energy at the wholesale level in that month.

Of course, such information can only be gleaned from expensive monitoring equipment, which large producers have.

There are also some other 'tricks' being employed. The frequency is the tightly controlled parameter on electrical power; not the voltage. That is why you will typically see such power requirements listed as '125VAC', '117VAC', '120VAC', etc. The RMS voltage can easily vary from 100 to 140 volts on a typical power line. This variance is of little consequence in older technology (such as light bulbs or heating appliances), but can be a problem with computers, televisions, etc. So, they make voltage regulator chips to throttle any over-voltage back to a safe level. Every modern gadget has such regulators built into the circuit.

Now, in order for power to flow back into the grid from your production, the RMS voltage on the grid has to be lower than the RMS voltage on your system. That means that you will typically only supply power back during high-demand, low-voltage times. And yet, you get paid for low-demand high-voltage times.

Also, if there is a phase difference between your AC and the AC of the grid, the power will flow into your meter during one part of the cycle and out during the other. The result evens out; as much power flows in as flows out. Since your meter registers the resulting effect, this inefficiency evens out as well. But since your small generator is 'bucking' the larger grid, you will use more energy to produce the same amount of power for yourself.

This applies to any phase shift, even small ones. Large phase shifts tied into the grid will produce the equivalent of a 'short circuit', overloading your generator while spinning your meter at an alarming rate (or popping breakers if you're lucky).

I suggest anyone who wants to produce their own power not try to tie into the grid. You receive a small portion of what your production is worth, you typically overburden your generator unless you spent the $$$ to precisely align the phases, and should the grid go down, your production will be drained by everyone else. I would rather suggest a self-contained system with an emergency relay to connect back to the grid automatically in case of failure.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Good video Alxandro. That was hilarious.

This is the thing also, if the AGW die hard fans that we have in the forums were man, and or woman enough to admit "ok we were caught in a scam, and now we see what is happening" I would admit that ANYONE could make that mistake.

I was once one of those people who thought it could be possible mankind's activities were worsening Climate Change, but hen I actually decided to research to topic and saw what the truth is.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Theredneck, you have a wealth of information and know things I had no idea about. I thought it was too good to be true that electric companies pay people when they produce electricity. But now I know some of the tricks they use such as paying the lowest price they can unless you can prove it you produced this energy during high peak demands, and the only people who have the equipment to know this are the large electricity companies. And this is just one of the tricks they use among others....

Starred and flagged for that good piece of information and advice.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thank you!

That is a lifetime of experience in designing and building electronic prototypes talking. My forte is in power production/distribution, although my present focus also centers around electromagnetic applications and propulsion.

I also used to be a licensed electrician, and still would be if there weren't such competition (mainly from people taking shortcuts I won't take). I still do all my own wiring, of course, and have three separate 200A electrical entrances to my buildings. I could single-handedly pop the transformer if I wanted to.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Not all are paranoid but majority of them try to "act" like that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join