It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss leader calls for Jewish cemetery ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Swiss leader calls for Jewish cemetery ban

jta.org

A mainstream Swiss political leader is calling for a ban on separate Muslim and Jewish cemeteries.

According to the Swiss online daily Tagesanzeiger, Darbellay also wants to ban the wearing of burkas, head-to-toe veils worn by some fundamentalist Muslim women.

Darbellay reportedly said that existing cemeteries would not be affected by a ban, but that there should be no separate cemeteries in the future.

The Swiss People's Party called for crackdowns on expressions of Muslim fundamentali
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There surely are alot of xenophobes in Switzerland, but overall they run the country pretty well with limited govt.

But you know what, they say that they are doing this to appeal to the xenophobic voters but aside from the minarets ban i'm not completely opposed to this.

The minarets ban is completely stupid beyond belief, but seperate cemetaries isn't so much.

What should you care who you are buried next to?

jta.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is not Xenophobia, and your use of that term clearly shows your lack of understanding of the situation at hand.

This is not about hatred for other races, or other societies. This is about a country, which has historically remained neutral, desiring for immigrants to either integrate with the established society or not immigrate.

Switzerland has taken a good hard look at the segregation of immigrant societies in other countries, where their "Individual heritages" are respected and they thus have absolutely no impetus to integrate with the established culture. They decided they did not want the social strife, ghetto's, and undermining of the countries values that follows in these situations.

I support Switzerland's decision. If you want to move to Switzerland and enjoy the benefits that living there gives you, you should realize that you will be expected to integrate with their society. It is, after all, their country. If you wish to enjoy Minarets and the traditional laws of your own country, then remain there. You cannot, as the saying goes, have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't see what's so wrong about the minarets ban. They see minarets as a symbol of militant Islam and they want no part of that in their country. I don't blame them. Given the news in the last 30 years around Islamic militants and terrorism and just how aggressive they are, I wouldn't want any part of that contaminating the peace and tranquility of my country, either.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
It is not Xenophobia, and your use of that term clearly shows your lack of understanding of the situation at hand.

It has alot to do with xenophobia and your denying it clearly shows your lack of understanding of the country.

See Switzerland has a limited govt. type of.... well governance.
Because of this I have been studying the country and keeping up to date with their local news for quite perhaps 3-4 years now.

I'm pretty sure I know about Switzerland better than you do

Originally posted by D.E.M.
This is not about hatred for other races, or other societies. This is about a country, which has historically remained neutral, desiring for immigrants to either integrate with the established society or not immigrate.

It's about the dislike of other races my friend.
Have you not heard about people confronting black people with Chainsaws and yelling at them to go back to africa?

Yes they have been neutral, or being isolationists would be a better term.
And it has nothing to do with

Learn about swizterland first before trying to school others on it

new topics

top topics

join