It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine Corps - MWTC Winter Survival Course Handbook.pdf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Since I'm sitting here with my granddaughter snuggled in my lap, we watching the snow falling out the front window I thought it might be useful, and timely, to share this "US Marine Corps - MWTC Winter Survival Course Handbook.pdf" 186 pages

Now this is the full course instructors manual the first part of the book covers training objectives... scroll down for the how too's...

To read you'll need Adobe Acrobat reader.
I have double checked the file it opened just fine in an IE explorer browser window.
Or you can right click the link below and select save target as...

Still let me know if you have problems downloading K? this is another keeper if you don’t already have it… Now I have to go make Smores for the little one… keep warm all.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

S & F

Every person living should save and print this out...

JUST INCASE.

Snow caves are about the best advise to learn there is warmth in them there snow drifts and mounds.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thank you very much, kind sir - I look forward to reading through this.

Now you just have yourself a wonderful day w/ your granddaughter. You get snow in Albuquerque, I get rain in the great 'white' north. Have a good one, and if you are so obliged, have a merry Christmas (soon).

S&F

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
S & F

fantastic everyone should download and READ this manual.

Do you have any more?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

I have a very large collection but it takes time to scan and convert to pdf.
Last week I posted FM 21-10 Field Hygiene and Sanitation. that you can find here
media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Thanks for posting these two vital information files! It's really appreciated! Now all I have to do is figure out just how small a font I can read. 182 pages is a LOT of paper! LOL=)
gb,
~prep

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thank you
Just found this and bookmarked it so I can read through it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Inspiring read.

Star and flag

thx

S ize Up
U ndue haste makes waste
R emember where you are
V anquish Fear and Panic
I mprovise and Improve
V alue Living
A ct like the Natives
L ive by your wits

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
DaddyBare, did you ever do the 'scenario' training where its like, your plane crashed and you literally have NOTHING, that was the most annoying stuff.

We had to do it though we trained with equipment. Suddenly you're without it and everything goes terrible! You should make a pdf of that.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Lots of US military guides are already online in pdf form.

You can find them at torrent sites sometimes.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I did my Winter Survival at the Mountain Warfare Training Center in Bridgeport Calif. Now that was a really cool place. you wouldn't think the Snow would get that deep in Calif. I got my Red Hat training there (MWI).
Much later in my career I would be stationed at the MCCDC Command. my kids loved playing in those mountains and wife still misses the hot springs.

I never did the air crash deal. but we did a lot of hell-hole rappels and mock attacks on combat town... Kind of freaks you out, that first jump out the back of a ch 53 on ski's... once you do... you want to go again and again! Only place I ever saw those strange little Bandvagn 206 (Snow Cats)

I know a lot of people don't like the cold but I did. Odd seeing as how I was born and raised in the desert Southwest.

new topics

top topics

join