It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Bodies potential

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What is the next step in evolution?

I've been thinking about this over the last little while and I wanted some opinions from the great minds here at ATS.

Personally I think that our next step will involve parts of the brain that were previously inactive becoming active. From this may come greater intelligence, perhaps even some ESP type phenomena. I realize most neurologist don't believe that ESP is a possibility but I tend not to buy the "official" stance on most subjects as it is usually just regurgitated information.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think it's going to have a lot to do with merging technology and nature. That includes us. The problem I have with this subject is if you take it far enough and play out a potential scenario where we have real life virtual reality then we're sorta back where we started... or we all shed our flesh and trade it for machine... In which case I don't know where things will go.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gargamel

Have an opinion: ESP as we comprehend it, doesn't exist. An eye can distict change in a single photon, but our consciousness' resolution fail to recognize it. Same is with our auditory sense; we hear more than we consciously recognize. Also, it applies to our other senses as well; we can't consciously distinct the fine changes in airpressure, scents (can include hormones and such) but perhaps our subconsciousness can? Hence some people believe in ESP, but it is the subconsciousness that catch even the weakest of signals and then it may or may not reveal it's information in dreams, visions or whatever.

The logical next step would be to gain a total consciousness, where the two distict parts of consciousness - the subconsciousness and consciousness - are united; it is the true union, where the positive and negative joins and forms a superior element; a super brain that is 100% aware.

Well, maybe 100% is an exagerration, but if one succeeds to build a bridge between these two islands, one would experience a significant boost in awerness and psychical capacities. Also, it is what I believe to be the union with god - the union with subconsciousness, for our subconsciousness is the uknown where the visions and sudden flashes of intuition stem from.

-v

[edit on 3-12-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would say with current usage of the body and its parts pushing evolution to make those parts more effective...

better thumbs, they are used in almost every technology of the masses, think "texting" on the phone, games consoles, etc

If i could put forward an idea if evolution is listening - id like more arms, better eyes and tougher skin!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think we will have denser bone structure and age slower just like turtles, but we also lose some of our speed in running since we use public transportation too frequently.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Have you watched Wall-E?
There is a good possibility, if we keep relying on tech, that our next evolutionary steps won't be due to "survival" influences.

Eventually we could end up as blobs of skin and goo, depleted bone mass and GIANT eyes and mouths. Very much like Jabba the Hut. hahaha.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I truly believe that the merging of technology and organic improvements will lead to a sort of acceleration towards a total integration of both, to such an extent that no-one will be able to discern organic bodyparts from technological parts.
Maybe there will even come a point where the techno-parts ar so close to biological, that we basically end up like we are now, but without the draw-backs of our current bodies(ilnesses, prone to damage etc.), significantly improved, but without the need for maintenance (that comes with technology)

That is... If we do not blow ourselves to smithereens before, thanks to some out-of-hand conflict in The Middle Eeast or something...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Have an opinion: ESP as we comprehend it, doesn't exist. An eye can distict change in a single photon, but our consciousness' resolution fail to recognize it. Same is with our auditory sense; we hear more than we consciously recognize. Also, it applies to our other senses as well; we can't consciously distinct the fine changes in airpressure, scents (can include hormones and such) but perhaps our subconsciousness can? Hence some people believe in ESP, but it is the subconsciousness that catch even the weakest of signals and then it may or may not reveal it's information in dreams, visions or whatever.

The logical next step would be to gain a total consciousness, where the two distict parts of consciousness - the subconsciousness and consciousness - are united; it is the true union, where the positive and negative joins and forms a superior element; a super brain that is 100% aware.

Well, maybe 100% is an exagerration, but if one succeeds to build a bridge between these two islands, one would experience a significant boost in awerness and psychical capacities. Also, it is what I believe to be the union with god - the union with subconsciousness, for our subconsciousness is the uknown where the visions and sudden flashes of intuition stem from.

-v

Very interesting V. The merging of subconscious and conscious is a posibility I had not considered. I appreciate your take on ESP as well. How do you feel about the possibility of being able to tap into an energy matrix we all share. Similar to what is described in the Celestine Prophicies (if you have happened to read it)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Technology just might be the next evolution of man. But would a fusion of technology and biology created by man constitute evolution as only those who would be able to afford it or even desire it would be 'evolved'. As a species we would still be born essentially the same.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gargamel
How do you feel about the possibility of being able to tap into an energy matrix we all share. Similar to what is described in the Celestine Prophicies (if you have happened to read it)

I haven't read such piece of work. However I agree that in a sense we share a matrix of some type, but with my knowledge (or my capacities) I am unsure whether we can 'tap into it' more than we already are; We are part of everything, and as it happens I just recently saw a decent metaphor which I feel like sharing as it fits this issue as a poke in the eye:

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I however do not believe that a wave can "become" an ocean because it already is the ocean.

But I dunno, there may as well be something else, for I have no idea about anything else but of subjective experiences of mine.

-v

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I believe the greatest potential with the human body has already been accomplished and we simply have to look to the people who have achieved it to learn where to begin. Consciousness itself is the ultimate technology and all technologists can hope to do is make a better consciousness, which I don't think is possible.

Yoga masters have already learned to take this consciousness inherent to us and multiply it all over our bodies, to become completely aware of our bodies in ways we were not before.

Listen to what this 90-year old yoga teacher has to say, for example.

Back in more distant times, there are historical records of teachers who lived to be 400 or 500 years old and held a sort of tenure at these schools for all of that time until they died.

Then there are the stories of total ascension, people just disappearing completely of being consumed by a light or "fire," as even is recorded in the Bible, devout followers of the lord 'walking with God' and were no more.

top topics

join