It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we dont see the Far side of the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This has always confused and baffled my head but I found this video on youtube which explains and shows you why we dont see the far side of the moon...

Hope this clears things for a few of you out there....

[edit on 3/12/2009 by booda]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I wish we could change the moons rotation just a little bit so we had a new sight every once in a while. I'd love to see the dark side myself.

Then again, having grown so accustomed to "then man on the moon", it might be best if we just leave it alone.

Damn, i sometimes wish i lived on a planet with several moons, and two suns

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The video shows that it's not really the "dark side". Notice that the far side of the Moon gets just as much sunlight as the near side. When we experience a new Moon, the far side is bathed in sunlight.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I stand corrected - its not the dark side at all but the far side. What Im looking for is a simulation that shows the moon rotating around earth with the earth spinning. This clip is so far the best I have found but a 1 year cycle with both spinning would be perfect....

thanks for the correction....

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by K-Raz

I couldn't agree with you more!

this is exactly what I think whenever I see the first original Star Wars movie, when luke is on Tatooine. I believe they had 2suns and a couple more moons.

But yea, It would be absolutely amazing to have a different view once in a while

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yes fo’sure it would be nice to have several moons and a couple of Sun’s, but imagine the havoc it would cause on the Sea’s of this world

Moon tides

top topics

join