It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Network Challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
all right boys and girls, DARPA wants you to find a couple of balloons. is ATS up for it or what?

The competition kicks off Dec. 5 at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, when DARPA will display 10 8-foot, red weather balloons at undisclosed, publicly accessible sites around the continental United States. The balloons will remain at their locations throughout the day, until sunset.

“Nobody knows where the balloons are,” Whitaker said. “But we will give people a little more than a week to contact their friends and talk to other people and scheme and plan and wheedle and deedle and figure out how they can get the information for the balloons they did not see themselves, and be the first to send the answers in to DARPA.”

DefenseLink

Information Week

DARPA

guess the rest of us on ATS can only cheer for those members who live in the continental US and are willing to participate in this. Good luck to you.

[edit on 12.3.09 by toreishi]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
yeah... right...DARPA just having some fun with a rendition of "where's waldo"...sure...nothing more going on here.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

There is a thread already about this here ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

thanks for the heads-up, i searched for "DARPA Network Challenge" before i created this one, i wonder why i didn't get any hits. anyhow, if the mods want to remove this, then they should feel free to do so.

top topics

join