It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i dont know where to put this so feel free to move it but do you guys think it is possible that in the future there will be one race of humans all a tannish color due to mixing of races overtime .that speak a simialar language

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That would be nice. There are many interracial couples, so it's possible. If there's one race the world might be a better place to live, less violence.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
yes i agree rascism is really stupid and mean i dont know why people fell that way

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
do you guys think it is possible that in the future there will be one race of humans all a tannish color due to mixing of races overtime .that speak a simialar language
First, I believe now that nature provided a large variety of genetic traits to humans so that we don't turn into inbred freaks. Lastly, humans will not live long enough on this planet enough for us to evolve into one "race". We'll all die soon by the way things are going in this world.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We already are one race, the human race, anyone who can't see that has a problem. Its just that there are many nationalities, that part is great, makes everyone so diverse. But I get what you are saying. I already see everyone that way personally. Racism is like a cancer. Even if everyones skin color was the same, people would still have all the other differences to find things to hate about each other.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think that there being OTHER races/colors ect. teaches us ~ MORE~ tolerance.
IF we all were the same skin tones, hair colors ect. can you just IMAGINE how freeked out people would get if an albino person was born? They would want to chase them down and burn them to the stake right NOW!
Humankind is not KNOWN for its tollerance of the DIFFERANT.

I think having diversity on a day to day basis, helps us learn to SEE the beauty in differances

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It would be boring to all look the same. Diversity is what makes us unique. If it wasn't for the racist scum we could all enjoy our individuality and respect that of others.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Evolution would never let this happen as long as humans number in the billions.

Isolation and barriers be it physical or social causes divergence.

The real question is.... are there different races now?

The answer...no. Just physical traits that are associated with a "race"

Geneticlly you can not determine race, only social group.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
well i think diversity is great too but it would also help if we were one group of people but i do like it how it is and i also think it is possible for it too happen

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is one big problem with total mixture of all human DNA, diversity works for survival, but with distinctive groups indicating local survival adaptations.

If all DNA merges into a more homogeneous level, then it will have all the survival deficiencies as well as any advantages. Some hybrids are stronger, others are weaker. If you know horticulture, you select the strongest and healthiest plants and form seed stock from those. Eugenics in the human being department has shown far too many political drawbacks that we need to review constantly since the geneticists keep tossing out human rights over and over again.

No, I do not agree that completely homogeneous genetic structure is a good thing for human survival, and for the one reason is that it would extinguish perhaps the only set of DNA that would survive say another population bottleneck as some scientists and anthropologists have indicated via DNA studies. We are already very much the same as to DNA structure, much more homogeneous than Chimpanzees for example. Different characteristics still diverged from that small DNA stock, so any such admixture would be only temporary under the same conditions.

All politics aside for a moment, don't mess with Mother Nature, at least too much. Survival of the human race could depend upon diversity, but when that is extinguished via hybrids, chances are the results could in the end run, be disastrous.

top topics

join