It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where exactly are we?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Let me start by placing the link.. then you read the article, and come back here to respond.
news.yahoo.com...

first of all, this isnt a hoax thread. If we are making advances in medical science so astounding, and to computer technology that are this far ahead, and not only that but tying the two together like THIS! why then do we still have the common cold? why then do we still have the financial problems we do? with this kind of technology being practiced, and applied.. money and oil and all that bullocks should be a thing of the past. I can safely say because of THIS article nothing makes sense. this tech could be used to erradicate the money machine, and fuel prices... even a forefront of it speaks of freedom. i dont know what else to say. We should be preparing to colonise, and explore for ourselves the moon, mars, and all that because of the possibilities this tech introduces. no more war vets physically impared and all that. We should be shipping out to meet these things we see in the night sky at the mere thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Remember the bionic man

Seems that what is first fiction slowely becomes reality.....Shame no stories were written about being able to eliminate the money problems....
Tecnology advancing......x

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
S&F!

I agree with ya Stan. We first went to the moon in 1969 and haven't been back to the moon since 1972. Almost 40 years ago now that we've set foot on the moon. I don't understand, like yourself, how we could have let 40 years just come and go with not a whole helluva lot of progress towards Space Exploration and Colonization.

Hell, 20 years ago a home computer was damn near non-existent and look how far we've come. I remember my first car phone in the mid-90s. It was a rotary dial style phone that didn't work worth a damn for coverage and was about the size of a small pc of today.

Now we have so many different phones, calling and coverage options, free long distance, high speed internet coverage, nation wide walkie talkie features ..

Out of all of the fields of industry .. Transportation has had the slowest progression of them all. We should have had some form of working class moon colony by 1990 ATLEAST! There should not be a single internal combustion engine vehicle on the road today. Rail roads should have been replaced with a more economical less pollutant style of Maglev.

Scientists and Big Corporations would rather spend valuable time and resources on making mice glow in the dark instead of using any and all means of research to better humanity.

I know a lot of people have a problem with stem cell research and human cloning, but I think that they should be explored in exhaustive manners. People want to argue about "playing God" or "messing with Mother Nature" .. To those people that want to make the point of arguement based on God and The Bible, I say to them - The Bible says that God made man in his image. God made us to be just like him. If God can create life, then I think that it's only the natural progression of humanity that we should be doing the same thing. That's probably going to start an arguement, but I think it needed to be said.

We don't even have to clone an entire human body. If we could just open the field up to clone the organs that people need to stay alive instead of waiting for years on a donor list, that would be a great breakthrough.

People all over the world are starving to death. Let's clone the hell out of cows, chickens, fish, pigs. Recycle all of the worlds garbage and turn it into building materials so we can build houses all over the world.

There's gotta be something more we can do. There's gotta be!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Personally I would opt for a technology that would allow us to simply regrow lost limbs on the patient. Now that would be an advancement! Nothing beats the real thing...

However, I think this biotech/robotics industry could build some awesome androids. Perhaps a love-bot that we can control with our thoughts for instance... ehh lads!

Rock n Roll!

IRM

[edit on 3/12/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
There is more money to be made in the treatment rather than the cure that is why we have disease. That is why HN51 was created to sell Tami flu and the other placebos. Regarding technology what we have now is nothing to what is being held back and used by the military. Our species is enslaved by the ones that govern us, by definition power corrupts us and we squabble over pieces of land and ridiculous religious differences.

We are not destined to colonize the stars as we can’t get things right on our own piece of dirt. Could you imagine the problems having colonies on different planets, sooner or later earth would be destroyed

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

erradicate the money machine, and fuel prices... even a forefront of it speaks of freedom. i dont know what

So funny to watch person after person go through these ramblings.
Do you understand that if you eliminate certain things like "the money machine"
you threaten the power of the power elite. Same with BO. Do you
think for one minute those who have all the power are going to give up
that power.
Realise this about the world we live in.

There is no idea you can come up with that hasn't been thought of already.
I see people boasting some idea about changeing this or that.
There always real common sense ideas.

I have to wonder do they really believe no one else could've already thought of that idea.
If they do here's a flash.

Somebody who has more power than you, dosn't want things going in that direction.
Example Every citizen of the U.S. wants the borders closed . Why aren't they closed?
It isn't like it is an impossible task to keep people from over running
our borders. I'll tell you why. Because a very few people have more
power than the american people and they want something different
than what you and I want. So we can stand around all we want
going well what about this? Why dont they just do this?
So they can free up these funds for this over here.
BECAUSE SOMEONE DOSN'T WANT WHAT YOU WANT.
Those who have the power arn't going to give it up for nothing.
Some one can invent a teleportation device tomorrow, do you really think
it will change anything? No way. Not til whoever is good and ready.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

thank you wise one. I am glad that whole thing was answered by some bloke that had a sudden realisation that his life sucks.
some one want to answer the main question now?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Patience...all that you ask will come about eventually...but you will probably no longer be around when it does..as it will be so far into the future

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by stanlee

Example Every citizen of the U.S. wants the borders closed . Why aren't they closed?

I was with you until you said this,really??

Half of americans don't give a rat's ass about the borders, the other half is split between sympathists and fundamentalists, I just can not believe you would utter such a preposterously blanketed statement on this site, ridiculous!

[edit on 3-12-2009 by KyleOrtonArmy]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Why is this thread posted in the aliens and UFOs section?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here is an interesting video on re-generating our body:

www.ted.com...

This video is from 2007. Is there nothing new since?

I was floored when I saw this and really thought this would be big but I haven't heard much of this since.

new topics

top topics

join