It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing explores whether marijuana should be legal medicine in Pa.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
News link

The measure by Rep. Mark Cohen, D-202, Philadelphia, would provide for state licensing and inspection of "compassion" centers where marijuana can be used with a doctor's recommendation by patients suffering from HIV, AIDS, cancer and other illnesses.

But opponents, including state Attorney General Tom Corbett, a Republican gubernatorial candidate, said the legislation would weaken existing drug laws and make a dangerous substance more available

The legislation would require medical users to pay an annual $50 fee for a registry card and prohibit them from smoking marijuana on school grounds, public parks, public transportation and areas where cigarette smoking is banned

For more see link.

-Al

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
it is sad to see there isnt more interest generated not only by this topic but by many other important topics in this part of ats

i really hope things move forward in the right direction in Pa

i truly believe we only need a few more states to join the medical side of things before we see an all out reform on a federal/national level

with new jersey and pa both close, hopefully good things happen to further things along in places like ny which are also beginning to open up to the idea of a medical marijuana society

the biggest shame of this situation is that there are not more from PA here representing this situation, i know there are many involved in medical marijuana in PA

there should be many of them here helping to get the word out

now that ats has this part of the site, people in states where things like this are taking place should all pass on the word for supporters to join ats and discuss the medical marijuana movement here

this would be a great central location to bring together citizens from not only all over the world, but nation wide to get things moving faster in the medical marijuana movement

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Dramey]

join