It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should shut itself down.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by msnevil
reply to post by Jordan River

Anybody who screams censorship has lost the battle

I disagree. When the battle is to produce quality, informative, enjoyable posts, the last thing you want is a deluge of petty bickering and personal attacks.

There's nothing to gain from that -- and all it serves to do is irritate people and prod them into playing that game. As such, posts like that needn't exist.

Really, though, I think Empire nailed it (along with somebody else who pointed out that ATS is the butt of jokes on other forums). It's a business. There's nothing intimate about ATS anymore, just mountains of text-pollution with the occasional really interesting post buried somewhere in the middle of a 12 page thread that nobody will ever read, or archived from 3 years ago (which, again, will never be read again). But, apparently, ATS is doing very well. Its membership has skyrocketed since the old days, and despite the unbelievable level of retardation prevalent on most of these threads (including this one), ATS continues to thrive.

Well, this is the new ATS, apparently. Lots and lots of fighting, lots of very uneducated posters, and nothing especially interesting, well researched, or new.

It's kind of sad...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
He speaks the truth. I've seen much he has said. More religious because I try to wing it back to a balance side. Once again mass atheist agenda on this site. But then again i don't hear anything negative about blacks, woman or anything else.

You say that as if it is a bad thing? GET BACK TO STORMFRONT....

You know the argument has lost cred when people say things like the above.. wow..

Oh and there is much a rallied opinion about Religion in general, by the way. for and against in all areas and involving the most currently discussed beliefs.

Thread of the week right here.. lol

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
I disagree. When the battle is to produce quality, informative, enjoyable posts, the last thing you want is a deluge of petty bickering and personal attacks.

There's nothing to gain from that -- and all it serves to do is irritate people and prod them into playing that game. As such, posts like that needn't exist.

The problem with this approach is the definition of "quality, informative" posts, and who gets to define that definition. I have seen many internet forums censored for the so called "common good". And usually one perspective then becomes dominant, and any challenge to that perspective is censored.

When people are afraid of the truth or intolerant of other viewpoints. They seek to censure where they can't win in debate. Rather then think for themselves and debate based on the merit of thier ideas. They would rather use political\religious\social means of thought control. And proclaim victory after all divergent viewpoints are crushed. This is not freedom, but is thought control. The refuge of the intellectual coward, and simple minded.

When thoughts are censured, they become the "forbidden fruit". And in so doing, they gain attraction they never would have had if they stayed in the open market of ideas.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky"

Edit: Forgot [ by quote.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by msnevil]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by msnevil]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Nope, just stop usig racism and hatred to get you point across. Find another way. I do understand, but its the venom on some of your posts which are the problem. you all would act a lot differently if you met me face to face. I can 100% asure you that you would communicate a whole lot differently when you dont have to shield yourself behind words on a page.

Im happy for you to defend....let say defend racism for an example. But you need to do it in a coherent, honest well researched and evidenced way. Without using insults and character defermations and general nastiness to get you point across.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

Kilas - your argument is attempt to fight the most infinite thing in the universe - human stupidity.

You cannot fight human stupidity - you can only ignore it.

Stupidity is like mold. It requires 3 things to survive.

Mold needs moisture, food, and, darkness.

Stupidity needs a victim, a cause, and an audience.

If you take away any of the three, mold dies.

Same goes for stupidity. the only one that you or I can control is "audience"

So give it no avenue to rear its ugly head - and guess what?

It goes away

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I still think some of you are missing the point here.

Its not about not being able to express and opinion.....its how to express it. Some people sound like vermin when they engage in debate here, there's just no need. Its a waste of web space.

Try, I disagree with your opinion because of a) and so and so who wrote such and such though b) and statistics tells us c).

Not....I disagree with what you have said you retarded terp. you suck eggs you commie red kneck C**NT. If I met you in a street I would **U*K you up hommie.

Version one, thats called inteligent debate and conversation.

Version two is just a vile attack.

Again....I was almost guilty myself as someone has already posted on this site. Someone's idea that Obama was a bad thing was due to his colour. I took exception to that and called him a few names. i should have taken the higher ground I know.Shame on me....yes my mother would have clipped me around the lug hole.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

but i think you are missing MY point

You can't change those people. They exist because the internet does. Silly cowards hiding behind a computer screen calling you names because they know it gets your pants all bunched up.

Ignore them - and they just go away

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Kilas - your argument is attempt to fight the most infinite thing in the universe - human stupidity.

You cannot fight human stupidity - you can only ignore it.

Stupidity is like mold. It requires 3 things to survive.

Mold needs moisture, food, and, darkness.

Stupidity needs a victim, a cause, and an audience.

If you take away any of the three, mold dies.

Same goes for stupidity. the only one that you or I can control is "audience"

So give it no avenue to rear its ugly head - and guess what?

It goes away

I agree with that. Its just a shame though is it not? And although I have stated and complained about the supidity of people in general in the past. Im trying to make a change in myself as well so I present a more postive persona.

So recently I have learned just to say. "If they knew any better they would not say those things"

We are the sum of all we are than due to our upbringing, education and experience. I guess some people have been educated and dealt with in a very angry way, hence they blurt out stuff on ATS.

ok, one lesson that helps me everyday is to be self aware.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The pentagon considers the internet a weapon.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Rupert Murdoch's war on the fifth estate, and/or Project Paperclip's mind control

hegemony on television, the most successful propaganda campaign in history,

is extended to the internet.

"Outfoxed" on television and the internet. Harlow showed, the need to belong is a more powerful instinct than hunger

the internet provides opportunity for shaping group think.

The internet is included in the cleptocracy's agenda of population control.

A concerted campaign has been launched to control information on the net.

Such a psy ops experiment, would be present from the beginning of the net's inception,

like Whitley Strieber's prescient attraction to web sites on the internet, 30 years ago.

Plenty of opportunity to examine how a board works, how Milgram's conformity

and authority can influence people in that mass media incarnation.

Many people complain they are silenced on boards, claiming to provide a platform to alternative information.

If you think there is free discussion, on the net, think again.

Where there is not deliberate sabotage of discussion and informed debate,

there is poor communication skills, among those emulating political attack ad

browbeaten conversation.

Many believe Godlike, ATS and UC, are a three pronged cleptocratic assault

on free discussion on the internet.

For instance, my ex husband, Adrian Sculptoreanu, is Ceausescu's runaway "retarded" in Israel intelligentsia.

He doctored himself a PhD and calls himself doctor. He and his brother, who now works for Sgro, in immigration in kanada

where there is sales of slaves

are baby kidnapping perjurers.

But Adrian will lie about anything, all his false witness is completely amoral.

Ceausescu's runaway intelligentsia, offer the cleptocracy a global birth bond treasury

like the one that caused the epidemic of orphans in Romania.

Degrades standards of living, by degrading and inviting and condoning the degradation of women.

He will lie about fake heart miracles, invisible heart murmurs, not only make money selling slaves through Sgro

so I am silenced on the net, wherever I go.

Halliburton is a mercenary slave trading occupation, like Ceausescu in Canada,

and that is reflected in the freedom with which one can discuss it on the net.

Since my introduction to the net, five years ago. I have been dogpiled, to be silenced,

banned and called every vile name in the book,

by those it would appear are sympathetic to Ceausescu's slave trading, baby kidnapping, child abandoning, women abusing

perjurers.

www.lifesitenews.com...

The West is not a democracy. The net is a total awareness surveillance weapon

for the cleptocracy's torture tyranny.

MK Ultra neo fascism.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

1) Im shocked at the amount of racisms on this site.

I have not seen it but if youcould post some links to examples that would be great. What may be "racisms" to you may not be for others.

2) Sexism

I think you are talking out your rear on this one, sorry. I think people just assume that everyposter is a guy unless there is some really hot chick avatar pic(fat IRL).

3) Extremist Religion

Wha wha wha, someone thinks differently than you do so they MUST be stopped and they MUST be stupid (or steewpid as dawkins says).

4) Homophobia

Hey i do not know what you do on your free time but i do not really care. ATS is not and has never been a place for hating gays OR and online bath house.

4) Anti - religious extremism -

Wha wha wha, someone thinks differently than you do so they MUST be stopped and they MUST be stupid (or steewpid as dawkins says).

5) Very little truth

Well im with ya on that. But that is not an ATS problem that is an internet problem. Where the biggest source of info that people use is wikipedia, there is nothing on wikipedia that could not be changed by anyone with an IP address.

you forgot number 6!!!!
People crying about how bad ATS is.
I know you are a newer member but so am i, but i was a long time lurker too. If you were lurking before you joined you would know that this is pretty much the way it has always been. There are ups and downs good members come and go and so do the good ones.
If you were not lurking before you came you joind this place and this is what it is get over it or get out.
And number 7- people using the return key as if it was the way to end a sentence. If your post is only 4 lines,that is fine. You do not need to

hit

return

to

make

it

look

bigger

[edit on 11-12-2009 by zaiger]

[edit on 11-12-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS is a conspiracy site. Free speech was meant to encourage debate not

cowed agreement at risk of being called names by a gang of dogpilers.

"Law of attraction" is also known as mob mentality. Not particularly discerning and cowardly.

Unfortunately, if one has a conspiracy that interferes with a fake heart miracle for psy ops

or the slave trade profits in Canada's immigration,

where Ceausescu's misogynist genocide is being administered,

then they are called names, dogpiled, and the issues are obfuscated.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Im disappointed, very very disappointed, dis-heartened and saddened that there is so so much hatred and horrible thoughts in this world, that some of you feel that this is a faceless place to rant your crap. I’m sad that some of you feel that colour of sexual orientation makes you evil. I’m sorry for the world that people still think women are 2nd to men (And pets in some cases).

It truly is a sad sad world we still live in today. After 5000 years of recorded human history we still can't get the basics right.

Just like anything else, you have to LOOK for what you consider to be GOOD or INTELLIGENT discussion... Usually, one doesn't have to look for too long, or too far, on ATS to find this....

Sure, I get your beef....but that comes along with the anonymity of the Internet. People can be who they truly are, (whether that is a sexist, bigot, racist, etc.). Them's the breaks. No need to let a few rotten apples ruin the whole barrel though... The Terms and Conditions help to keep some of this to a minimum, but I suspect you're simply wandering onto the forums where we see the majority of this...

If one is to hold up the freedom to have an opinion, we must all respect folks' rights to voice it...even if we do not agree with it, or are even repulsed by it...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kilas

No one is twisting your arm to vist and Post on this site . If you do not care to be exposed to all the things you have mentioned , then just Leave ..........Simple as that ...........

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join