It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should shut itself down.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Maybe I'm looking at it through rose-colored lenses, but this place seems to have really gone down hill.

I think if someone has shown themselves to be moronically idiotic, they should be banned. End of story. Some of the people who "contribute" here are doing more harm than good, and it's damaging the entire community, not just the threads they post in. Some of our more intelligent members seem to be posting less, average users are lowering their standards, and moronic dumb-dumbs are getting away with stirring up controversy, derailing threads, and polluting the boards with unpunctuated, misspelled walls of text.

It's becoming a systemic problem, not just some inconvenience that one can avoid.

We would have to include you in the ban if you ask me. While on that point who makes the rules? Do you have any idea the undertaking it would be to ban people for being idiots? Along with yourself there are thousands here that would need the boot.

Then you would have people like you re-register just to come back and contribute the nonsense you just proposed.

Why not make it a pay site and be done with it? That will kill it for sure. Let's see, would you pay? If you say yes then have you purchased any goods from ATS? No? Then you are just as bad as the idiots you say visit this site and just spew to spew because you sure as hell aint supporting the site with your dollars.

Next time you want to rant some go nowhere nonsense just do us all a favor and visit the ATS store instead.

As long as we agree with your point of view we can stay is what I am getting out of most of these idiots calling for bans or ATS to shut down.

Until you get your way go climb a tree you closed minded "its all about me" and all others need to STFU because I'm right moronic dumb-dumbs.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
ARRRRGH! Like aliens....cept worse.

Invasion of the intelligence snatchers.

Staring the Pope, Ted Haggard, Douglas Coe, and Jerry Falwell!

With guest appearance by: John Hagee!

God caused Hurricane Katrina to wipe out New Orleans because it had a gay pride parade the week before and was filled with sexual sin.

Can't wait to see this movie -- it should be a good one. I hear it's based on a true story.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That "gays burning in hell thread" was a thread about how someone or rather of importance said that, and that the OP was showing how ridiculous it is.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

Why should I be included in the ban? You never really explained that...

No seriously, I'm interested in hearing your argument.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
LOL OP

Haven't you ever just gone a pointless and ridiculous rant for the sake of Ranting?

This is ATS not a University we aren't being graded lol

Sometimes it's just fun to have a really stupid argument or blow off some steam... It's a safe place to do so no one gets hurt the fights aren't real and no one forces you or assigns you to read anything ou don't like...

There are good threads and good thread creators here... and there are terrible threads and terrible thread creators here and sometimes the same people periodically doing both and I think i'd fall into that category myself...

Don't take it so seriously!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheExaminer
reply to post by kilas

I hear you. We do seem to have a lot more of, may I say, energetic but unhelpful posters recently. Sure, its great when some earth shattering news comes across the net! I want to meet the aliens that look like us too!. I want my flying car already, just like you!!! However, we must exorcise some restraint to posting when you only have one line and no links to any data for the rest of us to read. Hold your reactions until we get to the bottom of whatever our group collective here can muster up. I ask this please, please with sugar on top and big yummy cherry! :-)

Hold our reaction until you get to the bottom of your spin is what it boils down to right? Yet another one here that thinks they are smarter or has more to contribute than the next person.

Have you visited the ATS store lately? I say anyone that starts a stupid thread like this or agrees with threads like this is banned until they purchase something from the ATS store. Then they can come back and whine all they wish. We may even throw in some cheese with the whine...

Call for a ban you get banned until you pay your dues to call for a mass ban or ATS shutdown. Idiots...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
[////////2/222i]reply to post by Kaytagg

When I came to ATS I hoped I would find more members to be of a Libertarian, hell, even anarchist leanings. What I found were a lot of folks, not all mind you, who take the MSM at face value and believe the world oscillates between the dumb show of "left wing" and "right wing" And their are those who question this national hypnosis. An example of a celebrity, Sarah Palin. For me the political equivalant of Britney Spears. A day or two doesn't pass without some thread relating to her. Politics is the entertainment arm of industry. And she is one of the newly christened stars. I'll come up with someone on the left, I just can't think of one off the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan

Sarah Palin. For me the political equivalant of Britney Spears.

LoL, priceless.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by northof8

Why should I be included in the ban? You never really explained that...

No seriously, I'm interested in hearing your argument.

Because your idea of a ban is silly. The decisions for the bans will become more and more arbitrary. We will have "tit for tat" bans and "you cant say that" bans.. Bans based on anything other than the already established rules are ignorant and presumptuous.

Not only that but do you have any idea what it would take to monitor something like that? Do you want to do that for 8 hours a day? You don’t think the Mods have a life? Are you going to volunteer?

I say you need to be put in the penalty box. You never did answer my question. Have you ever supported this site financially? If not then what gives you the idea you have a right to call for a mass ban or ATS shutdown other than your free speech right that you want to deny others?

Go buy something in the store and then come back and whine how tough it is to be a member of ATS because no one agrees with you….

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Must have been a slow news day eh?

If some of you put just a fraction of this effort and energy spent on bitching about ATS content, into producing content then I wouldn't be sitting here wasting my time writing this stupid post in a wasted discussion that was mildly entertaining at best.

Do!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan

Sarah Palin. For me the political equivalant of Britney Spears.

LoL, priceless.

I am offended you posted less than a one liner and even more offended that you would laugh at the political right. I think you need to be banned because you hurt my feelings.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A less than one liner and you call that a meaningful contribution? This is exactly what you are complaing about! A mod really needs to slap you for that one. You agree there are idiots not contributing but you post a less that meaningless "LOL." just to waste ATS space... My goodness, are you off your Meds?..

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kilas

You seem like you are better than the rest, that only people like you and who think like you should only be allowed to participate in this web forum. This is a free society and this website I think is like that society....Free and open to all. Some people post to rant, to get their ideas out there, to teach and to learn. If you have a problem with that you should start your own website and you can allow whoever you want in. Whether you like it or not, people are entitled to an opinion about anything and everything....You are being predjudiced and biggotted to those who use this website

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
well i have not read thru all of the 5 pages of reply but here's what i like here:

1: Religion-Both sides- i like the fact that some extremist (christians, budhist, muslims whatever) come here and bash non believers with their stuff, because to me, it opens my eyes more to their side. it doesn't mean i'm converting, but simply trying to getting myself more confortable in their seat to understand the feeling (i have no religion but i believe in something, it is my own and i don't force it on anyone nor do i try to explain it, it is for me only)

2: gay, fag homo #, well there i said it, i guess i must be a queer hater. well sorry, a few of my friends are gay, still doesn't make it wrong in a conversation for me to say fag or queer, it just becomes part of the daily language. Remember when fag was just simply a "cigarette"

3: womanizer: well, there's still around since caveman days, don't think that will go away, just because of the simply hormone factor.

i can't even go thru all of your points simply because it is huma nature. free speech is nothing more than human nature at its best. wether we've been around for 5000 years and should learn from the past, not everyone is made the same and we cannot change that because it is in our DNA. that is how we were born.

This is the beauty of this site, or any site. is that you will get such a wide variety of people arguing or agreeing to the same issues you care about. cherish it, take it is worth out of it and leave the crap behind. Don't be so offended by everyone's responses. Whatever floats your boat, don't let everyone's thought drown it! simple as that.
You're not jesus, you don't have to make a believer out of everyone, especialy on the internet.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is my second post on here can't really say i have read any thing like what your describing, its a shame if its true, though i have to say number 4 on your list is not really a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My genuine advise for the OP: start your own community.

1. Purchase a web domain (name) and a hosting plan (memory) - it's very affordable.
  2. Install free forum forum softwar such as SMF (Simple Machines Forum).
  3. Write a charter for your forum.
  4. Invite members to your forum.
  5. Moderate the community in a fashion that you think is proper.

I'm not being facetious. I've read through your OP. You yearn communal altruism, respect and intellect. You won't find that on ATS because ATS permits (fairly) free speech.

That's your solution. Simple as. I'll walk you through every step of the way if your serious about this. I'll even install your forum for you.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
northof8, I think the kind of posts we're talking about are.. well, ones like you made earlier.

You may not agree with my post, or the OP, or anyone else who feels this place has deteriorated, but we (or at least I) try to make them coherent and thoughtful. You may disagree with our ideas, but since most of us seem to be putting them out there in a thought-provoking, articulate fashion, I would say they deserve a little praise, rather than ridicule.

That's what ATS is about -- challenging the status quo, demonstrating independence of thought, a healthy, cogent mind. The ability to challenge the message, not shoot the messenger.

Having said that, it may sound paradoxical that I, and others, want some people banned, or suspended. The reason we're shooting the messenger is because he/she carries no message. Just a long, personal rant irrelevant to the topic and filled with bitter disregard for what a real debate should be. That's not how you build up a community of volunteer contributors, who, btw, aren't getting anything out of this other than the satisfaction of associating with like minded people.

Btw, ATS gets a good deal of it's revenue from Ads, which means the more people that come here, the more money ATS makes. So if you like ATS so much, how bout you stop contributing to the problem, and start being part of the solution.

I dream of the day that I won't be embarrassed to send my friends to this website. That day is still on the horizon.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
People who are very negative need to be addressed. Often, they will not discuss a particular angle in the "real world." As such, it becomes like the man who was never there but yet remains. It is a ghost over their consciousness. The only way people heal is by being honest about where they are currently, even if where they are currently is dishonest in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps we should plant seeds to heal these people, including ourselves, rather than merely saying, "you are ignorant, biased, whatever." When we get stuck in our thinking, we cannot jump from a to b. Oftentimes, it takes somebody outside of our system to build a bridge. Then, they might be able to make that quantum leap. We have truly let our fellow humans down, myself included.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Dont know about you , but this is exciting , after reading about doom and gloom , conspiracys , ELE , Hoaxes , Alien Cover Ups , FLU ,Secret Societys and every other topic not mentioned , AS well as World Wars , Vietnam , Iraq,Korea , Afgan , Chemtrails , on & on ........ Im looking forward to the Fight against the powers that be , Taliban sign me up !!!
Actually ........ i think ill just talk big on the net instead ...... really cant see a way out to tell the truth , I know what , ill watch sports , and be Ignant ..but ...that wont work either , what ta do ........?
I know . think positive and be one with the universe , and communicate with Aliens in SUb concious convasations and tell the people of Andromeda to kick some Ass ,cause im a messenger for the Entire Human Race ,,!We are in a critical time period people , Obamas wife is gonna take my money and rape me then call Haarp to send a Cyclone to my house which will then be recorded by Nasa only ta show Buzz ALdrins ass was exchanged for his brain now hes #ten Fake e mails concerning Phil Jones Climate Gate ! Woooo, Then
Project Camelot and Alex Jones are wanderers on a lost planet in which they call home , only to realize we wernt from here instead we are from another planet called Google but were slaves then escaped to our true home planet Mars which we destroyed and the only evidence left is a Mountinous face that looks like a monkeys ass...People ..help me now ,
Satanic symbols in Jay z and rihannas Music , my mind is being controlled by free masons ...i cant sleep cause im having nightmares that at anytime anywhere ,my pants are gonna be ripped off and im gonna be takin from behind ,handcuffed by Homo Puffy and Homo Kanye abused and urinated on by an angry Sasha Fierce !
They 've chipped my Cookies , my tooth and my playstation !!So Now !Everytime i play madden , i uncontrollably fart and my breath stinks !that means ...
I get a loan , then refuse ta pay them back , cause they cant do nuttin !! Cause they so stupid to even loan me a credit card , they deserve payback , IT s Wonderous aint it , Now, jesse ventura ,the fake wrestler,the fake govenor, is now being fake by jumpin on board the conspiricy train like hes gonna save our souls from the boogyman .
I pray to my God ...Tupac , in the name of Coca Cola and Snickers , please help me find a Wife from the pleides star system so i can live in an underground base called hell were i can abuse and assault nordics whilst riden on the backs of reptillian sex slaves of the the club of Rome !
AND you dont believe ME ...GO ASK MY MOMS!!!!!!...............Sarah Palin...PEACE !!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Welcome to America in the 21st century. I'm right. Your wrong. No middle ground. No compromise. My way or the highway. And we wonder why we can't get it together.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

northof8, I think the kind of posts we're talking about are.. well, ones like you made earlier.

You may not agree with my post, or the OP, or anyone else who feels this place has deteriorated, but we (or at least I) try to make them coherent and thoughtful. You may disagree with our ideas, but since most of us seem to be putting them out there in a thought-provoking, articulate fashion, I would say they deserve a little praise, rather than ridicule.

That's what ATS is about -- challenging the status quo, demonstrating independence of thought, a healthy, cogent mind. The ability to challenge the message, not shoot the messenger.

Having said that, it may sound paradoxical that I, and others, want some people banned, or suspended. The reason we're shooting the messenger is because he/she carries no message. Just a long, personal rant
irrelevant to the topic

Oh, like your one liner "LOL" post or some others in this very thread? Do you have any idea what you are posting one moment to the next here? I see a few posts here from you that are irrelevant to this very topic! Are you that moronic?

Btw, ATS gets a good deal of it's revenue from Ads, which means the more people that come here, the more money ATS makes. So if you like ATS so much, how bout you stop contributing to the problem, and start being part of the solution.

Cop out... I am not contributing to the problem. I am pointing out the obvious flaws in your one sided argument. You say people dont contribute but then spew a meaningless one liner and then have the gall to say "ATS makes enough on ads so I don't ahve to support it financially but I do have a right to call for a mass ban of users." I call that a cop out and a loser...

I dream of the day that I won't be embarrassed to send my friends to this website. That day is still on the horizon.

So you wont buy from the ATS store and by your very admission ATS gets money from Ads and the more people that visit the more ATS makes. But you wont send your friends here because you are embarrassed? Then visit the store if you wont send your people here? You are spouting crap. If your friends are anything like you then we don’t need them nor do we care if you are embarrassed to send them here. Sounds to me like you have a superiority complex.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join