It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should shut itself down.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

Ouch...lol.

Bringing Mars into this? Oh man...

He never saw it coming!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The problem is that there just nothing interesting anymore, So the mods are coming into the forum as ET-Man , NWO-Man & Illuminati-Man to create threads out of pure hot air.

Any interesting thread's are shredded by skeptics and debunkers before they have a chance to become interesting. So ATS is basically becoming BORING. That is the death knell for any forum.

The CIA should be throwing ATS a bone, Or watch there pet fall into stinking heap of gibberish. Which maybe the plan all along!

At least mindless violence cheers me up!

[edit on 3-12-2009 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

What a whining baby post.

You represent what is sick in society - a world crawling on its intellectual knees because of all the fearful things that might be raised or said.

By making so many topics and points of view 'anti social', or 'taboo', or 'not acceptable' - the controllers can shut down informed dissent.

Free speech is not about tiptoeing around the fringes and whispering the controversial - it is about getting on a soapbox and holding a megaphone and yelling all the things that people don't want to hear - its about upsetting people.

If your sloppy, mushy brain were a standard it would be a wonder if any metaphorical bones remained in the bodies of the modern man.

Stop whining and moaning and crawling to your masters on your knees apologizing for speaking. In fact - better yet, shut up and let the fearless people do the talking while you moan, drool, gibber and block you're ears.

All those 'sins' of sexism, racism etc - they are just artifical constructs - they were created as tools of the controllers to enforce divisions between groups.

Take away the principals on which those lies are created - and the division disappears.

Men and woman ARE DIFFERENT - hello? The color of someones skin is NOTHING to do with legitimate debate about CULTURAL conflicts .. I could go on, but I forget your silly list.

The issues you raise have been distorted by liars who want to create divisions - they should be revealed as the lies they are - and unless you can openly discuss and address those things - then the lies cannot be revealed.

So who is it that wants us NOT to discuss those things? Well, of course those who have a vested interest in people not looking at them too deeply and revealing them for the superficial and misguided lies that they are.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilas
...But I dont think free speech is about inciting hatred for your fellow man.

I'm curious.

Where do you think you would find a "freer" form of communication without "inciting hatred for your fellow man?"

A Mosque?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilas
[...]
Im disappointed, very very disappointed, dis-heartened and saddened that there is so so much hatred and horrible thoughts in this world, that some of you feel that this is a faceless place to rant your crap. I’m sad that some of you feel that colour of sexual orientation makes you evil. I’m sorry for the world that people still think women are 2nd to men (And pets in some cases).

It truly is a sad sad world we still live in today. After 5000 years of recorded human history we still can't get the basics right.

It really does sadden me that we still can't agree on the most basic points of being human. Like all people of all colours, creeds and religions can just treat each other with respect, non-judgement and love. Agree to disagree, just get along.

I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately, while this has many wonderful areas, there are bound to be threads/posts you find offensive and rude. This is a product of freedom of speech. Maybe this comes down to the fact that humans are very different in terms of culture, ideals, actions on opposite sides of the world. Then when you mix people with very different cultures and ideals than others and make them live together, it is a recipe for disaster.

It really is a great ideal to strive for equality and justice for every single person on the earth, and try and make everyone happy. But this is close to impossible. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. One woman's deed is another woman's sin. One child's punishment is another child's lesson.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

I have noticed some of the things you mention. Some members appear to be incapable of grasping the concept of saying what is on their mind with class and respect. Instead they only know how to offer a vile rant concerning people unlike them.

But as long as it is within the T&C's, it is allowed. The only thing more worrisome than reading some of said posts is not being able to read them because they are censored. Although I agree with you that some posts make me cringe, I would not support the removal of unpopular opinions. It is true some posts are downright horrid and need to be removed due to hate speech or a violation of our civility and decorum guidelines. However, unpopular or politically incorrect opinions and conspiracies should be and are allowed.

For example, I really dislike the threads speculating that some group is taking over the world. Be it religious, racial, national, or what not. However, I have to remind myself it is a valid conspiracy. And I dislike the way threads about homosexuality or religion get out of hand almost without fail. But to say it cannot be discussed would kill the site and I have to understand that. For every favorable opinion towards a topic, there will be a unfavorable opinion. To only allow the opinion that is stamped with approval by PC ideology would be very harmful.

With that said, if you see a post you feel crosses that line from free speech into hate speech, always feel free to alert it. The staff can discuss what needs to be done. So I do agree with your observations but not your remedy.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yeah they should throw away $1,726,800.00 or $1,844,116.00

-Al

Edit: to edit my edit

[edit on 3-12-2009 by AlBeMet]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
if you are some guy that have a religion and dont want to discuss about the possibility of everything beeing a LIE

then, you shouldnt be here ... really

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

Well why am I not surprised you have commented.

Are you from South America by anychance? Do you own and banjo and have a rocking chair?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Calm down buddy...you are going to bust a vessel.

Look...here's some advice to get you to "stop" blaming ATS. After all, it IS the web's best site, hands down.

1)Stop reading the fluff and stick to the hard hitting and breaking news.

2)If you continue to read fluff, roll with it and just know that "most" people are so dumb that you could walk across their gene-pool and keep the tops of your sneakers dry.

3)Embrace what ATS is, not what it "is not". ATS is your very own personal army of researchers and instructors. Yes...more then 90% of them are "not worth the time it takes to read", but the very few who ARE worthy of attention (myself excluded) make up for the dead weight we got on board (AKA me and a lot of others).

Lastly...relax...don't hit ATS because she lets "everyone on her". ATS is far from a "classy lady" with a prestigious clientele...but shes got heart and a whole lot of love to give.

PS-anyone calling for this site to shut down, is surly not on my "buddy list". So comon...change your tune and forgive the old girl...shes not the problem...they are.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

You are a liar mr mask!

it should read (myself INcluded)

Thanks

-J

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Everyone take a moment to read the well crafted response from Amagnon. This is kind os close to what I'm refering to. Senseless pointless rants that have misconstruded and warped the origonal concept into some fiction that has bounced around his/her brain.

According to this person Racisism does not exsist, or maybe they are OK with the concept of being racist. Why is that people revert to this kind of agitated childish respose when forming an argument.
Yes of course there are going to be different thoughts and cultures and ideas, but its the way you put them across I think.

If you made that statement out loud in front of a group of people, you would get their back up and create an aggressive response. I would hate to see you negotiating a conflict.

Same with the Lord of Dogs chap. I think everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but why deliver it in such a way. Would you speak to you children or parents like that.

I just don't see the point.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

I starred their post honestly.

I found it to be insightful and well written. Perhaps you should read it again.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

OK further more, can you imagine some of the people commenting here in Business, or working on the international diplomacy scene. The world might be a little rough cut at the moment, but it would end in a second if some poeple here were in power.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

This is where you make the mistake. Without the need for subterfuge we'd have a better understanding of where our true loyalties were.

I notice you mentioned south america earlier, I'm gonna guess you meant southern united states with the banjo reference.

I lived in oregon for a time, and while i was there I met a black man, and we were discussing predjudice. He said it was hidden and low key in the north and he rather liked it better down south. He was of the opinion that if you disliked black people, you should just say so, and not bother with the smile in your face duplicity. At least then he'd know where he stood.

I don't know if you can comprehend this or not, but do try. The leeway the posters here are afforded allows a real insight into the multitude of voices that make up this world.

It's not pretty, but or world is not pretty. Diplomacy is an ugly game. The powers are balanced on ceremony always, but the intelligent know who their enemies are and who the allied can be. They know this because behind the facade of the msm there lies the truth of us. People that can see past this and realize that even the most repulsive of ideas can be compromised will succeed where you have failed.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Yes I did read it and agree it was ok(ish). The content was found to be wanting.

Essentially there is a difference to highlighting an area, subject of concern and blatent unhelpfull insults which is often seen on ATS.

I think that amagnon was thinking that I meant we could not discuss subjects that are taboo ...of course we can. An example is here: -

Colleague of mine works in welfare to work. They do have a problem with young black men engaging in long term employment. Its a statistcal fact.

Now I totally agree that it could be contentious to some people and to say there is an issue with young blakc men. I agree even here in the UK, its kind of frowned upon to highlight a group. But again I agree we should be comfortable with having that coversation, and for people not to read it as racist, but more of a cultural, or socialogical issue that needs addressing.

However, there are some people here who would just something something like: They are Black (Using harsher "n" words) what do you expect? And then probably go on to tell us how black people should go home and all the usual.

So its the Latter I have the problem with, not the forma.

So yes, we should be free to say what we like. But then there are those who think belittling others to massage their own sense of weakness and insecurity and fear, who say stuff which is just stupid.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
racism is an illusion brought on by fear, indifference, and ignorance.

there is no racism if you think about it. we all bleed the same blood, its just some knuckle heads on here take it to an extreme when a comment is interpreted as racist... sometimes you do see a full blown racist comment, but i dont think its ATS's policy to promote it.

when people start to learn the illusion, it could vanish.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Or maybe we just need to create a balancing force in ATS....Like an Agony Aunt / Uncle where peoples knowledge on things like busines and relationships and politics can be shared to those who need it. At least we might balance out the shear amount of negative influence here on ATS.

And of course as always, we are allowed to have a negative influence here, i get it, allowing voices to be heard and all that.

But maybe there should be a new Forum here for poeple from all walks of life who are in need of a bit of help. And those , and there are a lot of people here on ATS im sure with good hearts, good intentions, well balanced.

....or is that a stupid idea.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There does seem to be a scary phenomenon whereby people with similar prejudices speak with adrenaline filled emotion (hate) and use the most abrasive and demeaning terms. The hype and emotions take over and any kind of reasoning is impossible.

Witnessing those scenes is very scary if you happen to be on the side being hated. How do you defend yourself when reason is not welcomed?

As unpleasant and even scary as those threads can be, it is preferable to have them out there in the open than not. I try to imagine a forum whereby only polite discussion takes place and everyone is always nice and supportive.

That would be boring, quite frankly, and a wast of time, because all of that niceness would amount to nothing more than a warm fuzzy blanket thrown over the pile of feces that is often part of the real world.

I would rather have the unadulterated truth, even if it is disgusting at times.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Awwwww.

Shucks...just cus you have bad taste in posts, don't make me "worthy of compliments".

But I sincerely thank you.

Salute.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've never seen any sexism on this site. female posters actually get tons of posters drooling over them. show me one sexist thread, and if you can I'd bet its a male bashing thread.

and Islam bashing isnt racism for chrissake. Islam is a RELIGION

I see OP is offline, maybe he/she will stay that way

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join