posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
I thought I would share some thoughts with you all about what I have seen so far on ATS. I thought that this site was about UFO's and Conspiracies
and Mysteries and interesting things like that. But what I have seen and heard from people is a little strange to say the least.
There seem to be very little intelligent discussion going on here. Very little indeed. Whether its about Obama, or UFO's or anything there seems to
be a number of people who comment, a large number in fact that are just ...well shall I just say coming across as though they are a little damaged.
1) Im shocked at the amount of racisms on this site. It seems every conversation about Islam or Obama ends up being a racist rant by some of ATS
members. Some of the most horrible things have been said.
2) Sexism - There seems to be a lot of men on ATS with ancient and very crude views on women.
3) Extremist Religion - Again there seem to be some real hot heads on ATS with some very concerning views about the way religion should be enforced.
4) Homophobia - Think I just saw a thread about gays being burnt in hell....that says it all. Who are you to judge Mr. Homophobe. thought the bible
said judge not less ye be judged. He who is without sin cast the first stone. But again, i have seen some very worrying views on the subject.
4) Anti - religious extremism - The shear amount of hatred coming out of ATS for religion at the moment is huge. I know I sometimes struggle myself,
but as long as people are balanced and not extreme I'm okay with whatever you pray to.
5) Very little truth - There are a large number of people here who simply make things up. They join a debate, start arguing and just make stuff up to
prove their point.
I think ATS should block and ban more users. Im all for free speech, but then there is just opening up ATS to tides of negativity which is not serving
And , okay, if the doom sayers here do say that this might block free speech, well I can see that point. In which case I have another message.
Im disappointed, very very disappointed, dis-heartened and saddened that there is so so much hatred and horrible thoughts in this world, that some of
you feel that this is a faceless place to rant your crap. I’m sad that some of you feel that colour of sexual orientation makes you evil. I’m
sorry for the world that people still think women are 2nd to men (And pets in some cases).
It truly is a sad sad world we still live in today. After 5000 years of recorded human history we still can't get the basics right.
It really does sadden me that we still can't agree on the most basic points of being human. Like all people of all colours, creeds and religions can
just treat each other with respect, non-judgement and love. Agree to disagree, just get along.