It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should shut itself down.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I thought I would share some thoughts with you all about what I have seen so far on ATS. I thought that this site was about UFO's and Conspiracies and Mysteries and interesting things like that. But what I have seen and heard from people is a little strange to say the least.

There seem to be very little intelligent discussion going on here. Very little indeed. Whether its about Obama, or UFO's or anything there seems to be a number of people who comment, a large number in fact that are just ...well shall I just say coming across as though they are a little damaged.

1) Im shocked at the amount of racisms on this site. It seems every conversation about Islam or Obama ends up being a racist rant by some of ATS members. Some of the most horrible things have been said.

2) Sexism - There seems to be a lot of men on ATS with ancient and very crude views on women.

3) Extremist Religion - Again there seem to be some real hot heads on ATS with some very concerning views about the way religion should be enforced.

4) Homophobia - Think I just saw a thread about gays being burnt in hell....that says it all. Who are you to judge Mr. Homophobe. thought the bible said judge not less ye be judged. He who is without sin cast the first stone. But again, i have seen some very worrying views on the subject.

4) Anti - religious extremism - The shear amount of hatred coming out of ATS for religion at the moment is huge. I know I sometimes struggle myself, but as long as people are balanced and not extreme I'm okay with whatever you pray to.

5) Very little truth - There are a large number of people here who simply make things up. They join a debate, start arguing and just make stuff up to prove their point.

I think ATS should block and ban more users. Im all for free speech, but then there is just opening up ATS to tides of negativity which is not serving any purpose.

And , okay, if the doom sayers here do say that this might block free speech, well I can see that point. In which case I have another message.

Im disappointed, very very disappointed, dis-heartened and saddened that there is so so much hatred and horrible thoughts in this world, that some of you feel that this is a faceless place to rant your crap. I’m sad that some of you feel that colour of sexual orientation makes you evil. I’m sorry for the world that people still think women are 2nd to men (And pets in some cases).

It truly is a sad sad world we still live in today. After 5000 years of recorded human history we still can't get the basics right.

It really does sadden me that we still can't agree on the most basic points of being human. Like all people of all colours, creeds and religions can just treat each other with respect, non-judgement and love. Agree to disagree, just get along.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Damaged, to say the least, ... it is the way of the world my friend, however do not pity it, .... for without relation to it, you are not.

Sometimes you must dig through the crap to find that one gold nugget that unlocks a new segway in your line of thinking and eventual evolution.

Perhaps we should not judge a thing by the least of its attributes,

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Calm down buddy...you are going to bust a vessel.

Look...here's some advice to get you to "stop" blaming ATS. After all, it IS the web's best site, hands down.

1)Stop reading the fluff and stick to the hard hitting and breaking news.

2)If you continue to read fluff, roll with it and just know that "most" people are so dumb that you could walk across their gene-pool and keep the tops of your sneakers dry.

3)Embrace what ATS is, not what it "is not". ATS is your very own personal army of researchers and instructors. Yes...more then 90% of them are "not worth the time it takes to read", but the very few who ARE worthy of attention (myself excluded) make up for the dead weight we got on board (AKA me and a lot of others).

Lastly...relax...don't hit ATS because she lets "everyone on her". ATS is far from a "classy lady" with a prestigious clientele...but shes got heart and a whole lot of love to give.

PS-anyone calling for this site to shut down, is surly not on my "buddy list". So comon...change your tune and forgive the old girl...shes not the problem...they are.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I think the fact that ATS provides the kind of environment that makes people feel the freedom of saying what they REALLY think says more about the value of the site than some of the less than stellar content. Freedom of speech and thought seems to be discouraged more and more these days; without extremist views, how can we know what both ends of the spectrum are? I don't like many of the threads on here; yes, there is racism, sexism, homophobia, etc... but what we have here is a wealth of different views, opinions, backgrounds, etc... and that's why the site continues to flourish.

So in that respect, I have to humbly disagree with you OP.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
OK....I take deep breath (haaaaaa) and relax (sigggghhhh). Its like red rag to a bull with me at times. I know Im ony 30 and sound like a grumpy old man.

I just want the world to be a better, more embrassing, more friendly and open , more loving , fair and balanced place. I'm a simpleton on that fact.

I will try and focus on the good on this site, and not the ranters and ravers.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Maybe what you see on this site is average people expressing their true feelings and beliefs, without the fear of being prosecuted for their particulat point of view.

I personally think that this board is a good barometer of the issues that really worry and concern people.....and long may it last!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

This is what fair and balanced looks like.

It requires weights at both ends.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Tis thread reminds me of a bumper sticker we see here in australia

Simple solution: Delete your profile and take it out of your favourites list.......... Wallah!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I have to agree, even though i don't think shutting down the site will serve any useful purpose.
I for one, am grateful for this chance to express myself, and read the thoughts of others, yes, there are some fruitcakes out there-there always will be.
Just like Utube etc, you have to shovel through several layers of #e to find a real gem-i think it's worth the effort.
Let's not forget that free speech IS the most fundamental right of any human being, without it we are doomed.
The internet is the most powerful tool ever invented by man, just like any tool it can be used for constructive or destructive purposes.
People the world over are now communicating, and discovering that we are not so different. Sure there will be disagreement, but we are now learning to talk about it rather than trying to kill each other.
Self-regulation is working, even if it's a shaky start, we still have a long way to go. Let's show the PTB that we can make it work.
Peace, and may your god be with you in these troubled times.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilas

I think ATS should block and ban more users. Im all for free speech, but then there is just opening up ATS to tides of negativity which is not serving any purpose.

Ironic... Yes?

"Poo Poo on this... Poo Poo on that... ATS According to me... Yada Yada Yada"!

Somehow, your brand of negativity is OK though? :shk:

IRM

[edit on 3/12/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
Tis thread reminds me of a bumper sticker we see here in australia

Simple solution: Delete your profile and take it out of your favourites list.......... Wallah!!!

I agree!
why do you think this whole site should shut down because your not happy?
The site is here to express peoples views and opinions on what ever topic of there choosing.
I for one love this site, its is the first conspiracy forum i found and i have checked out others but found nothing as good as ATS.
Whether you agree with it or not, what you a reading are the thoughts of other people, this is what is going through peoples minds.
I have always believed that all knowledge should be heard and its up to the listener what they want to take in.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

don't blame ATS for people's stupidity, it was invented long before the internet.
if you can't fight it - ignore it. simple as that.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

ATS should shut itself down that's a bit much i agree that sometimes a thread can go the wrong way.
The other day someone asked me how old i was because my grammar is not too good and there is threads that i sometimes think before i post like the middle east or anything to do with Israel you usually get labeled anti-Semitism but ATS is still the best site there is a lot of good people here.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

Awesome, glad to have you back on board. I know it gets tough watching people "be stupid"...but hey...don't ever forget how stupid we are with them.

Just never blame ATS for the back-wash...unless of course you find out they work for the CIA-MKULTRA-ALIEN-Illuminati-TASK-FORCE.

Then we revolt!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It's funny i was thinking , looking at all the recent posts. The titles of many of the threads are quite cringe worthey, with posts about the BNP and Jews on Wall Street, but then I thought, in most of the responses to these threads, we do actually get some interesting points of view that challenge the initial thread and providing some interesting debate.

Its great that we can discuss these things with sensible moderation with people from all over the world., where else could you do such a thing with all the added bonus's of ATS?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There are Jews on Wall Street? Get out! Stop lying...

Next you will tell me they are within the media...then banking...

I wasn't born yesterday...don't feed me bull.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
Maybe what you see on this site is average people expressing their true feelings and beliefs, without the fear of being prosecuted for their particulat point of view.

I personally think that this board is a good barometer of the issues that really worry and concern people.....and long may it last!

This is why I come to ATS, because of words like these from BillyTheCat. I believe you're right on point here. A wise person once told me, "stop listening to the words their using and start listening to what they're saying". Bascially this means beneath all the anger and frustration is a person's deeply rooted concern. Heal the disease, not the symptoms. We're here for each other to do just that. Being able to express our feelings is therapeutic. Being able to hear others' thoughts can lead to peace and understanding.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
OK Hands Up! Shutting down ATS Was a little extreme on my side.

But I'm still deepy deepy disapointed with some of the people on ATS. And yes, I stand by free speech. But I dont think free speech is about inciting hatred for your fellow man. Im sorry but what is free about racisism ? Apart from the fact that you have the right to be racist if you want to be. Yes I agree that we have the right to say what we want. But again.....

....Im saddened that people feel so badly about themselves and others. Im sorry I can't help it. Its just a shame, that my children and our children will have to come across view and people like that.

I simpy want better.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

Now I know what you "want", but you better start getting ready for what you are "going to get".

I want a lot of things but I can't be betting on wishes.

I hear you...I really do...but...you need to get used to the idea of "no one is going to fix the world" and it is very possible for it to get incredibly worse.

But I promise you one thing...there are enough "good people" out here to "not lose all faith in mankind".

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

Why am I not surprised that a self-loathing male also hates the places he chooses to spend his time.

Heres a hint, if you think ATS sucks, then dont let the door hit you where The lord Mars split you.

Otherwise, man up and get over the fact that not everyone thinks the way you think they should.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Doglord]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join