It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New charges filed against Fort Hood shooting suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

New charges filed against Fort Hood shooting suspect

Published: Wednesday December 2, 2009
Source.

Hasan now faces 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder, with the victims specified as 30 soldiers and two civilian police officers, the US Army said in a statement.

A total of 42 people were wounded in the attack.

The Pentagon has launched an elaborate investigation into the shootings to determine whether warning signs were missed and to prevent such an assault from happening again.

Hasan is being investigated for links to Islamic extremism, including his contacts with a radical cleric who blessed the killing spree.

I have no idea here - I'm on the fence about this whole thing. Was this man really killing in the name of Allah or is it being added into the story to be used as a scare tactic, creating more fear about the horrible 'terrorists'? (don't get me wrong, I know there actually are terrorists, just not nearly as many as the US govt. likes to depict)

Regardless of his religious orientation, why is some nutcase (who considers himself a cleric) blessing any killing spree's? Especially ones on its own people (remember this was a guy from the US military shooting other US military personnel)? Although the article doesn't specify if this cleric was a US citizen or not, so if he is from the Middle East I guess blessing killing spree's is all good and well.

Also, death sentence? I think so...

[edit on 3-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

new topics

join