It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Held to ransom by the bankers: Bosses at RBS threaten to quit if they can't dole out huge bonuses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
totally agree with the majority of this thread, if they want to risk the job market, let them and good ridance. The company I work for sacked 10% of the work force this year, capped all pay rises and we are a very succesful company who's share price has increased all year and are in profit.

Yet these guys get a 50% increase............

How much longer can they get away with it ?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What makes me laugh is that i found out that someones december christmas bonus this month was £17 hahaha! (They work full time for a retail company)
i say we make it a christmas to remember and pull these money grabbing sleazeballs from there beds at night and shoot em.
Shoot every last one of them.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Normally I disapprove any form of violence, but in this case you have my blessing!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

I can only say BRAVO to you sir. If everyone done this the people would win without a shot ever being fired. What a letter, again a star and BRAVO to you.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

LOL at the letter. I agree with the sentiment of it, but you didn't really send it like that did you? If you did, then you will be the "laugh around the water cooler" as you receive the Pissed off Customer of the Day Award.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
my question is: where does it end? these bankers have been having a laugh for so long now and we do nothing to stop it

how much further can they push us? it seems every week there is a new story involving bankers bonuses or more bailouts etc, the politicians we vote in arent doing anything about it and im just wondering how far it will go before the average person decides enough is enough. everyone i talk to about it will agree that they too are sick of it all but then shrugs as if to say "oooh those naughty bankers eh? oh well, never mind" can the banks keep charging us unfairly, screw up investments, get bailed out then reward themselves indefinately?

ps: thank you yeebsy, your letter made me laugh. lots.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm about to close my bank account and I hope that many will follow me!
It's gonna be a lot of trouble but I'm glad I don't have a mortgage or other debts. The trouble is paying the bills. Many firms demand an account for their monthly payments, I'm curious how they will react when I send them a message that I no longer have an account.

I'm fed up with these bastards!!!

They are walking over dead bodies! I bet the bonuses of the last 10 years is enough money to make from Africa a wealthy high tech nation!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What I find most confusing is the public servants' willingness to bail these money changers out leaving the 'oh so precious' unilateral monetary controls in place.

Sadly, our watchdogs have no teeth.

Change will come. The question is how unscrupulous and low will those holding the keys to the vault turn out to be? "How much is enough?" needs to be followed up with "Why?"

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm sure some up and coming young execs could be hired at a significant savings in salary. Let them quit. I don't understand what leverage they hold that they can make these threats.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
... I don't understand what leverage they hold that they can make these threats.

It is a significant question.

It leads to many conspiracy theories.

Therein lies the madness.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have a friend who worked for RBS - she said it was totally morally bankcrupt.

She left when she found out her bosses had spent £20k in lapdancing clubs in houston and signed it off amongst themselves.

They were also accepting deals from a guy who was insolvent...he was being used in credit papers as a "trusted financial and business advisor" to sweeten the argument to get disqualified directors' loans. Noone atthe centre checked.

The culture in RBS has not changed - nor will it. I think we should have one nationalised bank, merge that with the post office and service the sectors of society which are currently ignored.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
I'm about to close my bank account and I hope that many will follow me!
It's gonna be a lot of trouble but I'm glad I don't have a mortgage or other debts. The trouble is paying the bills. Many firms demand an account for their monthly payments, I'm curious how they will react when I send them a message that I no longer have an account.

I'm fed up with these bastards!!!

They are walking over dead bodies! I bet the bonuses of the last 10 years is enough money to make from Africa a wealthy high tech nation!

You can pay the majority of your bills over the counter at the post office. You can send a postal order for the other ones.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

That letter is an excellent example of how most people feel.

People should give up on the politically correct/polite approach and tell these people exactly how they feel about them.

Well done.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The letter was posted and as soon as I sort out another bank account (I know, I know, but my work wont pay me in cash) I will close the 2 other accounts with the RBS and yes 2 more letters will also be sent out. Also it's just been on the news that the bail out has cost EVERY family in the UK 40 grand each!!! or 13,800 pound each person and these vultures want more? I say give them prison.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Yeah, at a cost of 12.50€ per bill here in the Netherlands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join