It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Your Totem Animal

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
A black scorpion came to me. What's the symbolism there? My grandmother was a full blooded Crow, I should know this.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RangerMel
I've recently come to believe that i have a strange connection with ravens. And like many Native American people, and unlike in our western traditions, i believe that Raven represents good luck, and seeing Raven is a very good omen.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by RangerMel]

That picture is beautiful! Did you capture that image? I'm very fond of ravens.

I wonder what percentage of people have blackbirds as totems? Seems kind of rare.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Have you come across anyone with an extinct animal as their totem? T-rex totem?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
A black scorpion came to me. What's the symbolism there? My grandmother was a full blooded Crow, I should know this.

I found a little information on the Scorpion totem for you:

"Scorpion promises transformation;
however, it is up to you as to whether the change is calm or chaotic.
Scorpion energy is the melding of life and death.
Death must occur for rebirth.
Any change you make must be preceded by the death of something:
an idea, a way of life, or a relationship.
(Remember this is not an actual death of a person.)

Scorpion people are strong and have the ability to inspire.

This totem is chaotic and passionate,
and sexual needs are very strong in Scorpion people.
They often have period of solitariness intermixed
with intense and passionate relationships.
Scorpion brings a warning: control your passions
so that they do not consume you.

People with this totem often have the ability of psychometry – the power of psychic touch.

For the ancient Egyptians, the Scorpion was the symbol of darkness."

I'd love to hear about your grandmother and her crow energy.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I agree with the information that HazyStars has kindly provided.

I'd also like to add that because it is a black scorpion, I believe that to symbolise something in your own 'darkness' that may be kept hidden...it can range from anything from talents to (insert random vagueness here).
Instead of the more typical brown or camoflaged scorpion, the black scorpion stands out in the crowd.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazystars

Not typically...there are people who claim to have dragon-like totems, although I would be more inclined to put them somewhere else in the reptile category. Also, I've come across numerous amounts of people who exhibit hybrid-totems. I don't think it's uncommon at all to get a mixture as you move along in your life's journey.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

The hybrid-totem is an interesting concept that is new to me. I love a new research topic!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh, boy, where to start.. Ok, First, I mean no disrespect by posting this reply. It's not my intention to tear anyone down.
You can't really lump all native beliefs together like that. Not all native nations are the same. There are 500 nations and each is different. Not all have the same belief system. For example, the Apaches don't have totem poles. Also, being an Indian, I've never heard this. It sounds new-agey to me. This new age stuff hurts the credibility of the many native religions. It also tends to make the traditionals annoyed or angry. Also, there's a danger of doing things you don't really understand-as the sweat bath deaths will illustrate. Another thing,why is it so important for non-Indians to go find their "inner Indian"? That's not really being true to yourself if you do. Love yourself for who you are and as the Creator made you. Go in peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have always had a passion for animals, reptiles, amphibians. It would be difficult to dicern which ones would be my totem animal.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'll have to try this when I go back home from afghan , I'm very interested as to what my totem animal might be. I found out a long time ago I'm Aprox. 1/2 Black foot indian and Still trying to learn alot about my history, should be fun!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
saw a dead possum on the road directly infront of my driveway yesterday...possum is one of my 9....

-B.M

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
Oh, boy, where to start.. Ok, First, I mean no disrespect by posting this reply. It's not my intention to tear anyone down.
You can't really lump all native beliefs together like that. Not all native nations are the same. There are 500 nations and each is different. Not all have the same belief system. For example, the Apaches don't have totem poles. Also, being an Indian, I've never heard this. It sounds new-agey to me. This new age stuff hurts the credibility of the many native religions. It also tends to make the traditionals annoyed or angry. Also, there's a danger of doing things you don't really understand-as the sweat bath deaths will illustrate. Another thing,why is it so important for non-Indians to go find their "inner Indian"? That's not really being true to yourself if you do. Love yourself for who you are and as the Creator made you. Go in peace.

I get all my info from a book mentioned earlier in this thread, it was written by members of the wolf clan...cant remember more than that but the details are in the earlier post, basically I'm saying that my source is legit and not at all comparable to a sweat lodge, I've seen some people doing that sweat thing who probably shouldn't have and wondered if there'd been any deaths...

-B.M

[edit on 10/3/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well this has been informative.
Also a nice break from the usual doom and gloom.

Black panther, cats, and recently-spiders for myself. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with that knowledge but there it is.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
butterflies.
butterflies have a heavy bond with me, and the first animal that "came" when doing OP's exercise was... a beautiful yellow butterfly.
Then a tiger O_o! it's normal to have two?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Well this has been informative.
Also a nice break from the usual doom and gloom.

Black panther, cats, and recently-spiders for myself. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with that knowledge but there it is.

Ya know, technically... there is no such thing as "black" panthers, but it is interesting that u still perceived it as such. I guess the different aspects of ourselves really dont have to reflect 'real' totem animals... haha

juss curious about this, it would be pretty kool to have a "black panther" totem.

much love n no disrespect
-Moondog=)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i am a huge animal lover and love seeing animals show up and visit you. I have almost all "spirit animal" books because i love reading about the personalities of the different animals.

One of my favorite moments was when i was practicing soccer by myself recently and after i was done i decided to sit about 20 feet from the edge of the field where the field meets the forest. I closed my eyes and meditated for around 10-15 minutes and when i opened my eyes there were two deer about 30 feet away eating the grass!

Each animal has their own personality and i love finding out what animal people love and then looking out what they mean. You can usually tell a lot about the humans personality based on which animals they love.

Also there are different ways to "use" animals, you can build an animal totem of 7 animals, one for each chakra. For example, for your base chakra you would find an animal to represent your feet or lower body. So you would want to pick an animal that fits what ever personality you want to have. So let's say you are a short distance runner maybe you would choose the cheetah as your base animal to summon the cheetahs speed. You would think about how fast the cheetah can run in short bursts and try to emulate that.

If you are a long distance runner you may want a wolf or a dog as your base chakra totem animal because of their endurance that they have. Sled dogs can run 100 miles a day which would be great to think of when running a marathon.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by moondog_0003

Ya know, technically... there is no such thing as "black" panthers, but it is interesting that u still perceived it as such. I guess the different aspects of ourselves really dont have to reflect 'real' totem animals... haha

juss curious about this, it would be pretty kool to have a "black panther" totem.

much love n no disrespect
-Moondog=)

No problem, moondog. I was nodding off at my keyboard when I posted that tidbit but now that I'm awake would like to also offer this:

"Black panthers are adapted to living in a wide variety of habitats within their range. The black panther’s habitats include the rainforest, marshland, woodlands, swamps, savannahs, and even mountains and deserts.

One of the reasons that black panthers are able to live in such variety of habitats is that they can eat many types of animals. Their food includes various species of mammals, reptiles, and birds, all of which live in different habitats. They are also able to live in human-populated areas more effectively than any other big cats if they have to.

Black panthers, both black leopards and black jaguars, are found mainly in dense rainforest areas. The dark coat of black panthers provides good camouflage at night or in dense forest areas. Such camouflage helps them to avoid dangerous enemies and to stalk and approach their prey without being noticed. These areas do not attract human dwellers or even hunters.

Black panthers can survive only in natural communities which provide good habitat areas for them."

black panthers

You're right, though. Technically black panthers are either jaguars or leopards. There have been reports of black pumas in the U.S. but they are considered cryptid as no actual specimens have been photographed.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was interested in what I would see ( I am one with an awesome imagination) ... I think I have a few flashes of different animals (bunny rabbit, wolf, fish, tiger) but I ended up hugging a Lion... is that even possible?

Maybe I have Chronicles of Narnia stuck in my head... I will look in the thread to see if the definition of any of those are in this thread.
thanks OP this thread may be aged but it was a fun ride of the mind regardless of what my beliefs are.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

My Power Animal was a catfish. He didn't really say much. He just looked at me from under the water then swam away. I was wondering if that meant something?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ahabstar

Cats are the same way with me! I have had cats in my life since day one. When I was 4 months old, our cat at the time gave birth to her kittens in my crib while I was in there. My mom said it was because she felt safe with me in my crib. She said I was cooing over the kittens. Much like I still do today. But even the most antisocial cats will approach me or allow me to approach them. I am animal lover. I love all animals, but cats are in a special part of my heart and soul. I can understand them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join