It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly and Faux News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am tired of hearing people cite Fox News for their story and I am tired of hearing people praising Fox News for bring them "true, fair, and unbiased news." Fox News isn't fair and it is biased. Now, I know a lot of the examples that will be below (if I can get the embedding right :lol
are Bill O'Reilly, but he is the best example I can use to show what Fox does. What they are doing is illegal or should be illegal, I mean this is pretty much false advertising and defamation.If you want to view clips of Fox News in general go to www.outfoxed.org.

Aren't they supposed to act like they fell sorry for the victims?

How is this news?

Somebody forgot to tell them that lies aren't true

Some former employees talking about Fox News

How Fox subliminally asserts their opinions by making it sound like wide spread opinion and they can't receive criticism because its "some peoples" opinion and not Fox's opinion.

I don't really have to much to say about this because I think the videos speak for themselves. For more of these kids of clips go to www.outfoxed.org. I just hope this has helped somebody realize that they shouldn't take Fox seriously.

Sorry I didn't include any Glen Beck

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yes! I embedded it right!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Enjoy

here is link

video.google.co.uk...#

[edit on 3-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
NEWS FLASH< NEWS FLASH, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Fox has higher ratings than all of the other News Stations, and at the very least, they're at the same level in terms of reputability. Why not be "Fair & Balanced" yourself, and post likewise videos from the other News Stations (ie, MSNBC, CNN etc.)?

CNN during Operation Desert Storm:

(The best part is at the 7:00 Mark).

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Because I never mentioned other news stations. If I wanted to attack another news station I would require more than one thread, and I don't feel like making them. Having higher ratings actually indicate that they shouldn't be taken seriously. People don't want to hear real news, because real news doesn't have drama like Fox's. Btw, I didn't say CNN is reliable or more fair and balanced, so you don't need to go off like I did. I didn't really want to share my opinion on it in this thread because I didn't want to get flamed by any more people than need be, but now that you bring it up I believe CNN is 10 times more fair, reliable, true, and balanced as Fox. That doesn't matter much ebcause Fox has 0 for all of those and we all know 0x10 is still 0.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by paranoiaFTW]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Why not be "Fair & Balanced" yourself, and post likewise videos from the other News Stations (ie, MSNBC, CNN etc.)?

Because if people did that then they wouldn't be able to complain about Fox as much as they do.

On a side note, have you ever noticed that when people complain about Fox they point to news commentators, who by definition give their opinions, instead of the actual news broadcasts and expect everyone to believe that a commentator is representative of an entire channel? I find it rather amusing, but maybe it's just me.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
NEWS FLASH< NEWS FLASH, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Fox has higher ratings than all of the other News Stations,

And this somehow makes them legit? I'd figure for all the talk of the mainstream media and the "masses" watching them, Fox news would fit this criteria beyond perfection, but then again its hypocrisy in rightwing world.

Why not be "Fair & Balanced" yourself, and post likewise videos from the other News Stations (ie, MSNBC, CNN etc.)?

CNN during Operation Desert Storm:

CNN lied, MSNBC lied and Fox news, the largest of em all.. lied..... and yet here you are.... using their ratings and mass following to justify their exception.... while blaming the other two all the same.

Its funny..... when its about MSNBC or CNN on this website, its just about those media outlets... but when its about fox news, we have to be constantly reminded how liberal the other two are..... and howmuch ratings fox news is getting..... oh yes and how liberal the MSM is.

Such blatant hypocrisy.

SG

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Just a side note, Howard Dean appears in place for Rachel Maddow at certain times in her absence. You know, Howard Dean, former leader of the Democratic party. All of those media outlets lied at some point... and are bias.... but then again there are times when they speak the truth and report correctly, so its a matter of doing the research yourself to verify where the facts lie.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
this is how Fox looks to us dumb foreigners

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I dont agree with alot of things that are put on the air but it is better than what is going on over in europe. For gods sake the population in britain has been so bent over for so long I am surprised they can even sit down anymore . Dont you guys have state run media and have to give DNA samples for a speeding ticket. Can you go down to the shooting range and enjoy your right to bear arms. I could go on but I think you get the point at the end of the day at least we have choice for now.

And I would like to see just one lie Glen Beck has said in the last 8 months just one. People can change and he has, if he is wrong his career is over he has put himself that far out there. So talk all you want about fox news at the end of the day it is still better than the propaganda they feed to you from the BBC. I am sad to see the once proud british people grasp at the very last straws of freedom they have. And I think jealosy is the only thing you guys have left.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

USA versus UK, blah, blah, blah

On a side note...i despise Bill O'Reilly. I have never, ever seen a competent interview he has done. He's a horrible man who forces his opinions upon any 'guest' he has on, ignoring their own opinions.

How does he still have a job?

Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

Please keep getting your news from MSNBC, CNN etc... We will all be better off you and others of similar mindset remain in a locked and very dark closet.

Ratings don't lie. Fox News and Talk radio dominate because they appeal to the Average American who is tired of being hoodwinked by the primary news outlets. Fox News "We report, you decide" Speaks volumes. I see a story on Fox or listen to a story on Talk Radio and I proceed to dig deeper and learn more about the topic at hand.

Don't be afraid of the truth!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Ratings don't lie huh? The movie "Ghost Busters" has gotten high rating among everyone who has watched it since it came out. That doesn't make it true. You are probably somebody who complains about the MSM and then goes and watches Fox, because you don't think your friend Glen or Bill could ever tell a lie!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Bill O' Reilly

Or

Kill O' Reilly

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
reply to post by jibeho

Ratings don't lie huh? The movie "Ghost Busters" has gotten high rating among everyone who has watched it since it came out. That doesn't make it true. You are probably somebody who complains about the MSM and then goes and watches Fox, because you don't think your friend Glen or Bill could ever tell a lie!

That is the first time I have ever seen Ghost Busters used in an analogy. I suppose I could apply it to all of the remaining liberal leaning news sources in print and on TV.

It is amazing that a different standard is exclusively applied to Fox and no other network. Whatever floats your boat. Fox gets picked on because they present a different perspective. Cry me a river.

I do watch Fox News occasionally but, I prefer to get most of my info online or from the radio. As for Beck and O'Reilly, keep up the good work. The left does not like them which simply empowers them even more. At least they are willing to call Obama the failure, amateur, narcissist and the liar that he is. If you don't like them, don't watch them. I don't watch CNN, CNBC, MSNBC or the network evening news because I don't care for the bias and intentional omission of information. I stopped watching them during the campaign because of the blatant bias.

For those who don't trust Fox, keep watching all the others. You won't hurt my feelings. Sit back, relax and let Obama take care of you. He has plans for you and your hard earned dollars.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Vanilla Ice sold alot of albums too. Didnt make his music any good though!
But I think Fox news knows darn good and well that lots of yelling, paranoia and good ole' in your face commentating equals high RATINGS

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
O'Reilly is a bully. He would not win in any situation that is independently moderated where he had to abide by rules of order and decorum. Especially one where he did not control the microphones. He is a fascist tool and a pathological liar. In a fair debate a retarded two year old could whip his butt.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

It is strange that for an "alternative" website, the cult of personality is alive and well here. Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, etc. The price to pay for becoming mainstreamed I guess.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

So your response to the accusation that Faux news is not fair OR balanced is that other networks aren't either?

So then you agree that Faux news is biased and utterly worthless, that their mantra is a facade for deep seeded hatred of anyone that's different?

Okay - at least you agree.

other networks? Yes, there are others like them.

But Fox Says it best - They're America's #1 source....of pure unadulterated bull crap.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well then....

NEWS FLASH!!!

As of the exact moment of this post I counted 11 stars defending OP and saying Glen Beck is a liar...I counted 5 that defended him

Therefore the Left side must be correct...Stars=ratings=we are right

see how dumb that sounds? Sensationalism sells...period...Fox knows it...same company who made Jerry springer's pathetic show famous

Oh and to the poster who wants to see one lie in the last 8 months here is a report...said this guy went to jail for tKing riots...he didn't

Dated in August...

Glen Beck Lies - Inside last 8 months

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join