It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House staffers demand removal of F-22 before speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The F-22 is ugly. Maybe it is superior, but it looks ugly and like it is made of paper. It is also black and not good contrast to our presidents face. Good decision on aesthetics alone.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A couple of things here I would like to add to this. To those that say this was posted out of dislike of Obama, you couldn`t be farther from the truth. I DON`T like Obama, or Bush, or Clinton... I also don`t think he had anything to do with this. What pissed me off was some pissant little staffer throwing his weight around.

To those that say the Raptor isn`t needed, you couldn`t be farther from the truth. The average age of our fighter fleet is in the 20s (F-15 approaching 28, F-16 approaching 20+). About 8% of the older F-16s have cracks in the wings and 3% have bulkhead cracks. Approximately 183 F-15s were permanently grounded after one broke up in flight. Add to that the fact that for several years in the near future several ANG bases will have NO aircraft between their F-16s being retired and the F-35 coming online and we need the F-22 in a bad way.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for posting this. The order probably came from Obama himself or his staff just realised that he would want the USA to look equal to the rest of the world. God forbid, we act superior or show that we have superior tech to the rest of the world. They might feel inferior and get their feeling hurt. Participation prizes for everyone.

Yeah- because beating your chest and saying "IM BETTER THAN YOU" won't attract any negative attention.

And that Negative attention won't lead to anyone flying airplanes into your buildings or nothing like that.

America paints her self as a target when we puff our chests to the rest of the world.

You, and people like you, should probably just shut up.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join