It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erik Price: Frontman for CIA and Xe a branch of the US Military exposed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Blackwater's Erik Prince was recruited as a CIA agent in the years after the 9/11 attacks, says an exclusive report at Vanity Fair that also reveals the billionaire ex-Navy SEAL plans to step down from Blackwater to teach high school. For the past six years, Prince "appears to have led an astonishing double life," writes Adam Ciralsky. "Publicly, he has served as Blackwater’s CEO and chairman. Privately, and secretly, he has been doing the CIA’s bidding, helping to craft, fund, and execute operations ranging from inserting personnel into 'denied areas'—places US intelligence has trouble penetrating—to assembling hit teams targeting al-Qaeda members and their allies." Ciralsky reports that Prince became a CIA "asset," or spy, who became a "Mr. Fix-It" in the war on terror.

Source

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So, leader of one of the most corrupt private security groups steps down...after being exposed as a CIA front-man and Xe/Blackwater being a branch of the US Military... The site seems legit to me as well, this is big news, finally what many of us suspected is now out in the public exposed.

Your guys thoughts on this?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah. S&F

Are we that surprized? A Private Army founded by tax dollars under the direct control of the CIA, outside of congressional oversight and rules of engagement. That's a spook's wet dream.

Erik Prince take bow. You've done your duty for the WASP establishment from which you came from. COBRAAAAAA

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
And on top of that a man who is a billionaire who is committed to working with the CIA and the govt.. I wouldn't be to surprise that Blackwater/Xe didn't have CIA working as cover in his company in order to get into those places that the govt. couldn't go into. This is how it can work, Blackwater being private and doing legal/illegal stuff will have essentially CIA in the room knowing the players and new players of a corrupt system in a country.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I can't believe he's resigning to teach high school.
What subject is this guy going to teach?

Murder 101 perhaps?
Advanced Extortion Techniques?
How to siphon billions of gallons of oil while destroying the world?

I hope this guy doesn't get framed as some kind of hero in the end. Teaching highschool like Eric Roberts in the SUbstitute after a life of being a secret agent.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wonder how much money he made all told. And what came first...his Blackwater or his CIA gig. Creepy, greedy, profiteering man in either case. I find it odd that he's "stepping down," particularly now that it's out. Wonder if it will be a private school he teaches at.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I would imagine that someone else truly ran the company while he looked at performance reports on the people that were training at Blackwater and personally selecting the best for the job.

The Blackwater gig was all just a front, they actually did what they said they did while secretly recruiting a super team of mercenaries to give the government plausible deniablility.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Air America was only one of there fronts.

www.jar2.com...

Every war the CIA starts another group of front companies just so they can do whatever they want to.

I even did training and other work for Civilian Military Assistance(a Oliver North CIA front)
Some of us Vietnam vets trained Nicaraguan Contras on what we learned from the VC in Vietnam.
We also trained Lebanese Christian militia that were in the US for medical treatment on how to fight the Muslim radicals groups in there country.
en.wikipedia.org...

Year later i had a run in with the legal system and my lawyer still does not understand who helped clear the problem up but was impressed with my unknown friends in high places. (funny part is i don't know who it was ether but a couple of the vets i worked with knew i had been arrested)

The CIA has people around the world who for favors do a lot of small "jobs" and get paid quite well.
This may just be someone working at a hotel or at a business that can supply something on short notice like a room for a CIA person to use without records being kept.
I also know that Mossad and the CIA trade favors when needed.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
After the former CIA employees Rob Richer and Cofer Black left Blackwater to found their own company and the CEO Gary Jackson resigned, Prince could have felt from which direction the wind would be coming.

Now, Erik Prince seems to be deeply insulted. His buddies from the CIA have dropped him like a hot potato. Good for us. But, Prince should have asked foreign intelligence assets and petty dictators. Being a secret CIA ally, is as dangerous as being a CIA target.

Prince blames Democrats in Congress for the leaks and maintains that there is a double standard at play. “The left complained about how [C.I.A. operative] Valerie Plame’s identity was compromised for political reasons. A special prosecutor [was even] appointed. Well, what happened to me was worse. People acting for political reasons disclosed not only the existence of a very sensitive program but my name along with it.” As in the Plame case, though, the leaks prompted C.I.A. attorneys to send a referral to the Justice Department, requesting that a criminal investigation be undertaken to identify those responsible for providing highly classified information to the media.

www.vanityfair.com...

Well, IMHO there is a huge difference between Valerie Plame and Erik Prince. Valerie worked for the CIA and performed tasks, which were within the legal bounds of this organisation. She was outed by neocons for petty revenge. While revenge may have played a part in Prince`s outing, privatized secret assassination squads are not within the CIAs legal area of responsibility.

As an afterthought I recommend watching Richer's and Black's company - Total Intelligence Solutions. Maybe this company will become Blackwaters successor organisation.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylee
Yeah. S&F

Are we that surprized? A Private Army founded by tax dollars under the direct control of the CIA, outside of congressional oversight and rules of engagement. That's a spook's wet dream.

Erik Prince take bow.

Says it all really doesn't it.
And people laugh at the word "conspiracy". What else can you call a well thought through and skillfully executed circumvention of innumerable laws etc etc?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've been pretty hard on Mr. Prince. He did open up an orphange in Afghanistan.

But apparently now we have a common enemy, the US Gov.

The CIA sets you up then tears you down. Well unless you get smart, which has ever been in question for me. Only the methods....

www.thenation.com...
Is Erik Prince 'Graymailing' the US Government?

From the article:
"I think that [Prince] will use all of his information and his knowledge of these secret dealings in basically what is an extortion play: 'You come after me, and I'll spill the beans on everything,'" says Horton. "That's the essence of graymail and the Department of Justice will usually get its feathers all ruffled up and they'll say, 'You can't deal with the government like this. This is unfair and improper.' But in the end, it usually works."

It looks like the whole Vanity Fair article was a set up to help Mr. Prince's defense. Interesting....

new topics

top topics

join