It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama science advisers grilled over hacked e-mails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Obama science advisers grilled over hacked e-mails

news.yahoo.com

AP -- House Republicans pointed to controversial e-mails leaked from climate scientists and said it was evidence of corruption. Top administration scientists looking at the same thing found no such sign, saying it doesn't change the fact that the world is warming.

The e-mails from a British university's climate center were obtained by computer hackers and posted online about two weeks ago. Climate change skeptics contend the messages reveal that researchers manipulated data and stifled dissent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Gee, what a surprise -- top administration scientists found no signs of corruption. What a fraud. How many other issues are we being lied to about? 9/11? Fluoride? GMO foods? BPA in plastics? Chemtrails? I'm sick of being deceived and poisoned from every direction.

In the first Capitol Hill airing of the issue, House Republicans Wednesday read excerpts from at least eight of the e-mails, saying they showed the world needs to re-examine experts' claims that the science on warming is settled. One e-mail from 2003 was by John Holdren, then of Harvard University and now the president's science adviser.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dude don't sweat it, the whole so called Climategate turned out to be a hoax

ClimateGate: The 7 Biggest Lies About The Supposed "Global Warming Hoax"

[edit on 2-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Thanks, I am sure everyone here will jump right over and check out that scientific paper from the Huff.

Excuse me, the Huff isn't peer reviewed? Well neither were the Global Warming Hoax papers.

Nuff said to you.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I love it, Huff post prints a story rehashing the same talking points from when the story broke and Climategate is a "hoax".

Anyway on with the OP, the "science" advisors are nothing more than gov. lackyies I wouldn't expect anything from them. What the gov needs to do is calling in some Computer Scientist to dissect the code, that is where all the proof lies. Not to mention it gives context to the e-mails. Just wait by this time next year, AGW will be proven as a religion.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

The verdict on global warming is in -- it's caused by humans and it is happening and nothing in the emails remotely challenges that.

Whew, glad she quickly cleared that up! The verdict is in, just like 9/11.

Thanks, I feel better now.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
From the source:

"Among the messages that Sensenbrenner read was one from Jones, the East Anglia scientist, in which he wrote about a "trick of adding in the real temps" in an exchange about long-term climate trends. Holdren responded that the word "trick" did not mean manipulation of data, but about a "clever way" to tackle a problem."

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!!

Freakin' losers are worried about losing all the money they stand to reap if Cap and Trade is approved.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Well one thing that always stays true about "Progressives" is that they never let truth get in the way of their goal of total government control over everyones lives. It is just part of their anal retentive, control freak nature.

top topics

join