It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we had any "innocent" presidents?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I know, it was suppose to be mean. I was actually trying to think of some tiny African country, but Lichtenstein is my all time fav to bring up when people are talking about countries.

No one in office is "innocent". I think every country out there has had problems with their leaders one way or another.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
One word answers are not allowed, and for this I believe ATS should consider adopting a poll system. In short, the answer is no. America has never had an "innocent" president.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I just had a thought...
President Carter.

what evil did he do?
just asking,having a hard time picturing him raping and pillaging is all

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_grand_pooh-bah
I just had a thought...
President Carter.

what evil did he do?
just asking,having a hard time picturing him raping and pillaging is all

Carter? The 20th Century's greatest monster????

I have trouble picturing him doing anything of worth. He wasted four years of his life in office and made no contribution. Except make the economy worse.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
OP I love ya!

Yes Obama has done some bad but wooooo let's look at the past...it is so funny to me the way people talk like Obama is the only pres who ever did wrong

oh well..c'est la vie

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ok, im probably gonna get flamed for this. But excluding his alledged involvment on 9/11, what did bush do that was wrong?

Are you saying Clinton and Kennedy were bad presidents just because they "spread it" around a bit?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
theres no such thing as an innocent person full stop. Thats part of being human, imperfect and faulted

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Reagan was a moron. I think the only reason republicans idolize him is they have no one else. You don't think they'll bring up Nixon do you.

The next time your friend ticks you off about Reagan remind him/her that Reagan made ketchup a vegetable in children's school lunches. Now there's a man for the people.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
You don't think they'll bring up Nixon do you.

Nixon was the Man!! Only he could stand up to the Soviets!

Originally posted by damwel
The next time your friend ticks you off about Reagan remind him/her that Reagan made ketchup a vegetable in children's school lunches. Now there's a man for the people.

Sorta like Clinton saying that salsa was a vegetable.
Betcha forgot about that one.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

His midnight appointments which got John Marshall into the Supreme Court was pretty controversial

You just keep digging that hole you're in, deeper and deeper. Marshall was nominated when John Jay refused to accept the nomination. Marshall turned out to be the most capable Supreme Court Justice the US ever had.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

His midnight appointments which got John Marshall into the Supreme Court was pretty controversial

You just keep digging that hole you're in, deeper and deeper. Marshall was nominated when John Jay refused to accept the nomination. Marshall turned out to be the most capable Supreme Court Justice the US ever had.

What about these:

1. The Naturalization Act (officially An Act to Establish a Uniform Rule of Naturalization; ch. 54, 1 Stat. 566) extended the duration of residence required for aliens to become citizens to 14 years. Enacted June 18, 1798, with no expiration date, it was repealed in 1802.

2. The Alien Friends Act (officially An Act Concerning Aliens; ch. 58, 1 Stat. 570) authorized the president to deport any resident alien considered "dangerous to the peace and safety of the United States." It was enacted June 25, 1798, with a two year expiration date.

3. The Alien Enemies Act (officially An Act Respecting Alien Enemies; ch. 66, 1 Stat. 577) authorized the president to apprehend and deport resident aliens if their home countries were at war with the United States of America. Enacted July 6, 1798, and providing no sunset provision, the act remains intact today as 50 U.S.C. § 21–24. At the time, war was considered likely between the U.S. and France.

4. The Sedition Act (officially An Act for the Punishment of Certain Crimes against the United States; ch. 74, 1 Stat. 596) made it a crime to publish "false, scandalous, and malicious writing" against the government or its officials. It was enacted July 14, 1798, with an expiration date of March 3, 1801.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

You know, I really don't have time to give you an American History course. Why don't you investigate what you post BEFORE you put such nonsense up? Those acts were passed by CONGRESS, because France was threatening to invade the US from the West, and there were 100,000 French already within the US, that said that they would join the French in fighting to bring down the US government. Furthermore, President John Adams NEVER invoked the Alien Act.

You put up an OP, with the obvious intent of answering it yourself. Why bother to ask anyone else what they think? You have already made up your mind.
ATS says to deny ignorance. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, education, and/or awareness. Try to educate yourself about a topic before you post. You have shown a complete lack of knowledge of American History. Anyone can randomly pick items off a browse, but you need to understand those items before you post them.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I saw you reference this thread in another thread. I posted a response, but in order to prevent a "hijacking" of that thread, I will break the T&C by re-posting what you stated, followed by my response:

Originally posted by die_another_day
Every president we've had in the past should have been impeached for their crimes.

I had a thread about how there hasn't been 1 president that left no conspiracies.

Right, and every citizen should have served some jail time too...we all break laws...nobody's perfect...least of all is those with power.

Are you implying the mere fact that any given president left behind a "conspiracy" equates to "should have been impeached"? What about evidence of said conspiracy? What about intent? Just because President X signed some treaty or piece of legislation...then years later the wording of it is twisted so that, inadvertently, someone was wronged...doesn't make President X the guilty party...maybe a party to...but not THE party.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join