It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speech at Westpoint - This is the speech he should have given

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is the Obama wishy washy speech at West Point.
We are putting the troops in BUT we are also puling them out?

That sends the wrong message to the Taliban.
We should have heard THIS speech at West Point in front of those fine cadets.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That is the greatest speech I have ever heard. Pretty much sums it up. Time for everybody to wake up and realize we must win this fight against terrorism or pay the price later.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the "Patton" vid.

I didn't watch the Obama speach, but did listen to enough of Patton's video to hear him admonish Iraqis to take control of their own situation and future.

I really don't see that there's so much difference between Obama's encouragement of Afganistan's self defense forces, and Patton's admonishment of Iraqis.

I am all for the defense of the USA against terrorism and nuclear holocaust. But I don't believe we have the resources to occupy every nation that might threaten our liberty this way. I'm tired of listening to Cheney/Rumsfield complain that Afganistan will immediately fall into Taliban hands if America leaves. Hell, if I was Governing a Province in Afganistan, I'd be making damn sure I was ready to defend myself during the next 18 months.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
problem is... he has no intention of dealing with the enemy... there is all this PC crappola and in the end it is going to get us our butts handed to us...

To deal with the enemy... you gotta hunt and kill...... when our soldiers are on trial for doing what this idiot as the CIC keepsthem there to do what is needed..and then does not stop the trial... piss on him...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
problem is... he has no intention of dealing with the enemy... there is all this PC crappola and in the end it is going to get us our butts handed to us...

To deal with the enemy... you gotta hunt and kill...... when our soldiers are on trial for doing what this idiot as the CIC keepsthem there to do what is needed..and then does not stop the trial... piss on him...

You, sir, are quite correct.

However, it's not Obama whose worldview doesn't allow the total war, and crushing brutality, and grinding poverty, and overwhelming ignorance that mark the only successful governments that Islamic Societies have ever known.

It is the entire western civilization, whose Judeo/Christian values demand that we, "Do unto others what we would have them to do unto us." This is nonsensical to the Muslim, who only sees it as pitiful weakness.

Until we stop building schools, sewage systems, and handing out soccer balls, and begin painting Kabul and Bagdad Red using the blood of their residents (or, better yet, install a blood-thirsty, MUSLIM puppet to do this dirty work), we can expect to be continuously harrassed with fanatical Islamists.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samsan

Originally posted by lilwolf

You, sir, are quite correct.

However, it's not Obama whose worldview doesn't allow the total war, and crushing brutality, and grinding poverty, and overwhelming ignorance that mark the only successful governments that Islamic Societies have ever known.

It is the entire western civilization, whose Judeo/Christian values demand that we, "Do unto others what we would have them to do unto us." This is nonsensical to the Muslim, who only sees it as pitiful weakness.

Until we stop building schools, sewage systems, and handing out soccer balls, and begin painting Kabul and Bagdad Red using the blood of their residents (or, better yet, install a blood-thirsty, MUSLIM puppet to do this dirty work), we can expect to be continuously harrassed with fanatical Islamists.

very well put...... allow the soldiers to take off the gloves and get it done... with the PC crapolla in place such as it is...... we are going to lose and that is indeed what the obama and the play room people want....

my attitude is if the people there have a weapon and they point it at me... they die right there on the spot.... no if or butts about it....

damn it is hell being retired military and seeing all this stuff going on...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I only seen some of the edited version of the speech, and he was generally wishy-washy as you pointed out...

but what surpised me was his final ~2-3 minutes when he started spouting the neocon/Bush-Cheney rhetoric which made more sense...

and didn't you notice that the audience of Cadets & guests actually gave a standing applause during that part of the speech --->

I wondered to myself... the Military is taught to remain unaffected by politics, but the Cadets enmasse gave a standing applaus when Pres. Obama Finally started speaking with sense & reason, to the Cadets, during the final minutes.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The Patton speech is much better.
I wonder who actually wrote the Obama wishy washy speech???
The West Point cadets deserved better.

new topics

top topics

join