It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw Large Blue/Greenish Explosion in the Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I happened to be standing outside about 30 minutes ago and saw a huge blue/greenish explosion in the southern sky. My co-worker who was standing next to me saw it as well. I know meteors leave a greenish streak when burning in the atmosphere because I have seen that a few times before. This was not a streak of light, but rather a large flash, and definitely more blue than green in color. This would have been some time between 7:50-8:00 pm. Location: Chattanooga, Tn. Thought I would make a post here in the event that someone else saw something similar.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just contacted the weather department at my local news station to see if they may have access to any cameras that were pointing south. I will report back if I here anything from them...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm 50 miles north of Chattanooga.

Iron meteorite exploding on entry.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
When you say "large flash", do you mean you saw the source of the flash, or do you mean the sky lit up, but there was no obvious source?

It may well have been a meteor, although sometimes, when a electricity substation transformer blows, it can light up the sky and may be visible many tens of miles away.

If you did see a meteor, it's unlikely that it would have been iron as the previous poster said. Greens and blues can be created by any meteor, and if it was iron, it would probably have been quite a long-lived event, since iron is quite hard (at least compared to asteroidal and cometary material).

new topics

top topics

join