It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple witness report of sasquatch killing a deer in San Antonio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This may be a story to keep an eye on folks....Seems there may be a hominid hiding out in the San Antonio woods.

Is Bigfoot on the loose on San Antonio’s west side?

Police dispatchers told 1200 WOAI news they received several calls Monday night about a ‘Sasquatch’ being spotted near Highway 151 and Loop 1604. Several homeless people contacted police swearing they saw a ‘big hairy creature’ which was ‘taller than six foot three’ kill a deer and drag it back into the woods.

Police say the folks reporting the Sasquatch sighting ’sounded scared, and surprisingly sober.’

www.woai.com...

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
They should try to find it with helicopters equipped with thermal vision.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
watch, their going to try to label it off as a hoax, because people lable what they don't understand as a hoax. like 1700s scientist thaought asteroids were a lie.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thank you for posting this. I wouldn't have known about it with out your post.

This is very exciting.
We get sasquatch sightings periodically in Michigan.
I'm quite sure I heard one vocalizing, last January in the State Game Land
that surrounds our property.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Could be a bear or even an escaped chimpanzee. The get pretty big and are incredibly strong. There are documented cases of chimpanzees killing and eating other animals.

If it's bigfoot, what's he doing in San Antonio?

Maybe it's a chupacabra.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I live less then an hour from the area, definatly gonna keep my eyes peeled!

-E-

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't think it would be likely that a bear would go after a deer unless it was a fawn. They are known to take down Whitetail fawn, moose and caribou calves. They have also taken down cattle calves.

I also have my doubts about a chimpanzee bothering to try to keep pace
with a deer to kill it for food.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Hungry animals will suprise you.

Bear can run down a deer and a chimp can move very quickly as well.

I find it more likely than a sasquatch hanging out in San Antonio.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Some good alternative possibilities you listed there IMHO badgerprints! We shouldn't rule out ANY option as a possibility. In an earlier encounter reported to police, some folks reported seeing a huge "baboon-like" creature near a trash dumpster. So there definitely appears to be a large hominid of some type that is being seen by the locals.

We'll keep a close eye on this one and see what happens.

As a side note, cryptozoologist and regular on The history channel's "Monster Quest", Ken Gerhard, is actually actively investigating this case, so he may capture something exciting!

[edit on 2-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

A Bear??

What part of the world are you from?

Here in North America, Bears are hibernating

A Bear

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Taller than six foot... ape like.

Definitely not a bear.

Deer are agile quick animals....what did this sasquatch have equipped. A bow and arrow?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Could be a bear or even an escaped chimpanzee. The get pretty big and are incredibly strong. There are documented cases of chimpanzees killing and eating other animals.

Maybe it's a chupacabra.

Could we please keep the disuccion on a mildy serious level? Bears are hibernating, chimpanses don't get that big by far, and the chupacabra is supposed to be even smaller.

No need to blurb out random thoughts for no reason.

[edit on 3/12/09 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

A Bear??

What part of the world are you from?

Here in North America, Bears are hibernating

A Bear

Yes, bears hibernate in winter.

Winter in northern climates is cold and the bear slows down heart rate and breathing to use less energy.

A bear that lives in a warm climate hibernates for less time than in cold climates. Bears in very warm climates might not be hibernating at all. It was seen in San Antonio after all. It is getting cool there this week but it's not Saskatchewan. Some bears in zoos have been known to forego hibernation. Just because they tell you about bears hibernating on Sesame Street doesn't mean it's iron clad for every individual animal.

It is funny that the bear and chimp idea sounded so ludicrous to some people but Sasquatch is readily accepted. Oh heck no. It can't be an animal that is six feet tall. FYI tallest bear on record, 14 feet when standing on hind feet. By the way, estimates of height are just that, estimates. They can be wrong. It's not as if this thing were on camera at the local stop and rob standing next to the door and that 'how tall is the criminal' gauge that they have.

As far as the babboon like creature, that I'd believe too. They are immensely strong and will kill. Babboons live in desert and semi arid areas on the arabian penninsula that are very similar climates to San Antonio so I think that could be a possibility. An escaped primate living off of the land is a very plausible explanation.

As far as the chupacabra, if it is real it could be a primate that dwells in arid regions and is not well known. It was just thrown in there for an idea but apparently any ideas that don't fit your preconceived notions must be laughed at and ridiculed to make you feel important.

Keep the discussion mildly serious?

Giant hairy humanoid, sasquatch? You be serious. No need to be blind to the more likely possibilities because you want to believe in bigfoot.

No need to blurb out anything? Try not blurbing out your preconceived desires of what you want it to be and consider what it probably is.

All of these possibilities have precedent and are much more likely to be the fact than the idea that sasquatch has moved down to San Antonio and is hanging out for the great venison.

Someone get these kids a subscription to National Geographic. They've never seen a deer that can be caught by another animal, a large male chimp or a bear over six feet tall but still think sasquatch is the most likely explanation.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Did they mention if the deer was newborn?

If it was a newborn deer or a young injured one, then the bear story is plausible.... but a full grown adult one a bit less likely.

There's plenty of Black Bears in that part of Texas. Plausible.

I take back my bear bit from last post.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Some biologists believe female Black Bears in Texas hibernate (a prolonged sleep-like habit when body temperature and respiration are drastically reduced), while males do not.

We learn something new every day!

I have never seen a bear drag anything.... do they get on their hind legs and look like a hominid?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GioTheGreek
reply to post by Violater1

Some biologists believe female Black Bears in Texas hibernate (a prolonged sleep-like habit when body temperature and respiration are drastically reduced), while males do not.

We learn something new every day!

I have never seen a bear drag anything.... do they get on their hind legs and look like a hominid?

Yes. Bears are very agile and standing on hind feet is common. They don't run on their hind feet but have been known to walk for a short distance on them to intimidate another animal.

Like I said, the largest bear on record was over 14 feet tall when standing on hind feet.

Another thing to consider is that deer in south central texas are physically smaller than deer in other areas. This is probably due to the fact that they are more adapted to the semi arid climate.

Next to one of these small deer a primate or bear would look taller.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

You're probably right Badger.

When I think of deer.... I think of the species up here in New Brunswick, Canada... bouncing thru the woods.... gracefully, and quick!

The Texas Deer could be, for lack of better words, a bit slower down there perhaps... not as agile or aware. I don't know (yet).

I wonder how the environment in Texas changes the qualities of the bear compared to up here in the Appalachians.

Would it be a leaner bear?

Black Bear (Ursus americanus): Adults reach a length of 5 to 6 feet, height at the shoulder of 2 to 3 feet, and weigh 200-300 pounds.

At first glance, being blinded by visions by sasquatch lore based out of Texas, this post had me thinking 'No way' to the bear.

Now the more I look, the more I'm thinking Ursus.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Maybe it was Clyde from " Every Which Way but Loose " .......

... oh Clyde, always getting into mischief !!!!!

anyway, ... very cool story, its about time we got some sasquatch sightings.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hmm... Reminds me of that episode of X-Files about the Jersey Devil - homeless people reporting an ape-man.

While I'd love to believe Bigfoot's become comfortable enough to wonder into urban areas I think this is probably misidentification of a known animal. Still, always the off chance this is a legit Sasquatch sighting, let's hope some evidence comes out of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GioTheGreek

You're probably right Badger.

When I think of deer.... I think of the species up here in New Brunswick, Canada... bouncing thru the woods.... gracefully, and quick!

The Texas Deer could be, for lack of better words, a bit slower down there perhaps... not as agile or aware. I don't know (yet).

I wonder how the environment in Texas changes the qualities of the bear compared to up here in the Appalachians.

Would it be a leaner bear?

Black Bear (Ursus americanus): Adults reach a length of 5 to 6 feet, height at the shoulder of 2 to 3 feet, and weigh 200-300 pounds.

At first glance, being blinded by visions by sasquatch lore based out of Texas, this post had me thinking 'No way' to the bear.

Now the more I look, the more I'm thinking Ursus.

Yeah, the bear would be leaner because of the fact that it is warmer. If it is a bear and he is actively hunting deer then he would likely be healthy just not chubby like you would expect a bear to be up north.

The deer are just as agile and quick but if they live in a semi populated area then they get to where they are more aware of people and traffic than of other animals. If this thing has now been seen killing two deer in the same area then it's likely he is ambushing them while waiting in a good spot.

I would honestly like to see it be a Sasquatch or something along those lines. I'd like it if there were some mystery left in the world but I'm just trying to think of plausible explanations before I get onto the bigfoot band wagon.

I know there are a lot of bigfoot sightings in Texas. The piney woods area in east Texas and Lousiana is bigger than the state of Oregon and is pretty much a solid thicket in pine forest aside from roads, rivers and towns.

A population of primates could live anywhere from just north of Houston to Texarkana without being detected but San Antonio isn't a likely spot for them.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by badgerprints]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join