It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard a snapping sound before they deep sleep?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by above

maybe. but why would it come from a pinpoint location, then? the hypnagogic explanation is better. any auditory reflex would sound like it's inside the head.
i didn't say i still thought it was a dimensional gateway. just that i did at the time. just thought i'd throw it out there, 'cause i've never discussed it before.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What about when you are awake in bed? I felt like my body being pulled like some force of gravity, I was reading the Bible at the time.

What about earthquakes? Maybe this could be something to do with the earth's movements and signs that a quake or static build up from under the earth is building it self up with all these energies.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Thanks for clarifying that. Then i would say i havent heard it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This morning I heard something else and it kind of freaked me out, it sounded like a plane must have gone past or something bassy, lasted about 2 seconds, then I heard around 6 thuds like either missiles being launched or them coming down to earth. I thought, damn what if the UK is under attack and it happened far away so all we got were thuds from a distance.

I read that currently the UK is being hit by meteor showers, maybe something related to that, who knows.

Then again, it could be me as I have been reading about these rocket tests in Norway by Russia. But it does happen often when I am about to start dreaming, hope it is not a sign.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Original Poster;

I get them too. My snapping sounds more like someone taking a piece of bubble wrap and snapping a bubble every 5 seconds. It usually happens when i have some sort of white noise like a fan going all night. it's called Hypnogogic hallucinations, it's like an auditory hallucination. When i get up off the bed the sound goes away. It doesnt get widely reported because most people who get it simply think they were just dreaming it. it may or may NOT accompany sleep paralisys. Most of the time it however it doesnt.

you'll find more information on it here:
www.sleepassociation.org...
edit on 15-12-2013 by brianns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yeah I used to get exactly those too, and as much as I wish it was something as amazing as others have described, it really isn't. It just means you have either had too much caffeine, or you have had caffeine not too long ago, or some other form of sugary substance. I promise if you go a few days without any caffeine or whatever it is in your diet that is sugary, it will go away. Then immediately after this few day "cleanse" try downing an entire can of red bull about 30 mins before you sleep, and you will notice the snaps again.

I promise you this is true, many a days in college I spent experimenting with this, so at least it is true for me, I assume it to be the same for you.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

yes and then I usually get sleep paralysis and visual and audio hallucinations ... so they say!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join