It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays 'will never go to heaven'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Breaking news:

www.youtube.com...

That is frickin' hilarious man.

Very funny

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Also...Classic slip-up

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

sorry keeper, looks like you are out.

Following traditional dogma, I think gays are out. And i like lots of your views too keeper, you are a good dude.

As a Catholic (here come the boo's) I believe there is some truth to the matter. I've seen many homosexuals with destructive lifestyles. I haven't seen any with non- destructive lifestyles. Not that Ive seen a great cross population (I know like 5 homosexuals personally), and not that I'm a saint, just trying to get better by the day or week or whatever.

So heaven. If you are going against God's will in a strong way, you would be doomed. Reminds me of Galatians 6, where it says help another out with their problems, lest ye be tempted, and it goes on to say DONT MAKE SEXUAL JOKES because, in the Christian view of God's eyes, you don't want to even joke about unpure mating (not with your soul mate, which you must marry and ask God's approval for).

If majority of homosexuals are promiscuous, that could be a big problem in God's eyes. The stereotypical "queen" spending money on frivolous items comes to mind too. Again, Not that i am trying to stereotype, and I don't know a fact, but if its true, then its bad. Unfortunately, the truth can hurt, and if there IS a God, the one from the bible, and he doesn't like homosexuality and it pisses him off as much as fornication (straight and homo) and homosexuality does, its a HUGE ticket to hell.

One final view from a trying to be humble Catholic man: one must not deal in relativism. Just because Johnny is sinning HARD, doesn't mean its ok for you to sin soft.

Hope everyon'se week is going well. Say some prayers to the Christian God that I keep my job

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

So judging by the 5 homosexauls you know, you conclude that they all live destructive lifestyles? Thats laughable

Many religious people live destrutive lives too....for example Fred Phelps and his family of inbred haters...not saying that you are related to them in anyway...but just trying to prove the point that not all religious people are "saintly"

If fornicating (im straight for the record) before marriage is a sin, I guess I would be going to hell too....thats if I followed religion and actually believed hell existed.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I guess this means that they themselves won't go to heaven, since many of them are covertly gay. Seriously, we are living in 2009 - why is this kind of religious brainwashing still going on? Everyone's attention since 9/11 has been on the Islamic religion, but what about the Catholic crazies? The Vatican itself attests to the fact that there may be other intelligent life forms out there in space, meanwhile, some people here can't even accept one another on this planet!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venetian
The Vatican itself attests to the fact that there may be other intelligent life forms out there in space, meanwhile, some people here can't even accept one another on this planet!

LOL

Well said and so true. Considering that aliens themselves are commonly thought of to be not one or the other sex, does that mean that they are sinful too? In fact angels also are also supposed to be not clearly male or female.....is that sinful as well?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A destructive life may be many things for christians. For instance - Jesus. He lead a *very* destructive lifestyle which, in the end, killed him. He tried to spread hope but somehow got too close to the imperial authority - and got killed. In a very sadistical way I recon.

A destructive lifestyle is a perception. Like colours for instance. They do not exist. Only waves of electromagnetism. Eveything is in your head.

I know some gays up and close. I know one very well. No destructive behaviour there (which implies no religion in his case). I know some more with "more" destructive desires. They go with the flow like most of the kids nowadays.

Heaven? People. There are very spiritual people here that will tell you - there is not heaven.

But honestly? Who cares? Really? A "good" person goes to haven, secured and maintainted by god. Because he's a good guy, IMO, he think of all those poor souls down there - in hell. Will a good person go along god's line and not talk about it? Or will it rebell and become a cast-out?

No good person will want to remain in heaven when his lover/friend/human being is suffering a wrath of god.

So either way - who cares? We don't change who we are. After all - we're chosen it. Our choice defines us.

I say go to hell Javier Lozano Barragan and good riddance!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I agree with him they will never get into the kingdom of heaven because it does not exist,so neither will any one else..

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

If you don't like what the Christians preach by all means make your own chruch. Many have taken that step and formed their own church with gay fathers.

No one is stopping you. If it is a belief that gays won't go to heaven then by all means it is a belief. If you don't believe in it, then why the FFFF do you care? If you believe in it, then good, don't be gay, or homosexual, even if you feel you should be.

Europe is becoming homosexual again, don't forget the roman times ^^

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

LOL

Well said and so true. Considering that aliens themselves are commonly thought of to be not one or the other sex, does that mean that they are sinful too? In fact angels also are also supposed to be not clearly male or female.....is that sinful as well?

No angels don't come with partners, humans do. A male's partner is a femal and a female's partner is a male. This is clearly stated for the believers, if you don't believe in any of this then as mentioned before, heaven doesn't exist to you, so why care?

I find it amusing that people try to become something they are not, it is physical VS psychological. Just because you don't look like something you think you suppose to look like doesn't mean you should force yourself to look like that something you think you suppose to look like.

I think what you think about the way I think is your belief, we all have one.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

www.heraldsun.com.au

HOMOSEXUALS and transsexuals "will never enter the kingdom of heaven", a leading Roman Catholic cardinal said overnight.

Cardinal Javier Lozano Barragan said that while the Church regarded homosexuality as an "insult to God", this did not justify discrimination against gay and transsexual people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

the rest of his speech went something like this......

HOMOSEXUALS and transsexuals "will never enter the kingdom of heaven", PEDOPHILES ROCK!!!

-subfab

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

1st amendment and freedom of religion rights...what a pest!!!

what are you gonna do?

noam chomsky:

If you believe in freedom of speech, you believe in freedom of speech for views you don't like. Goebbels was in favor of freedom of speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Two things.....

1.) This is not news in any sense of the word. This is the opinion of a religious group.

2.) This should not be in the breaking news site of this forum. I realize a news link has been posted, but that doesn't make it news....
It gives the site and its breaking news forum a bad name. I mean, if this can be posted in "breaking news" than anything can be posted there as long as you can find some link to back you up.

Truly and simply outrageous!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Statements like these are really silly and inflammatory. It can only bring about hate, distrust and intolerance. It is one thing to disagree with a lifestyle choice, it is another to promote intolerance and division amongst our fellow humans.

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This does not represent the opinion of many christians. There are lots of us out here who believe not only will gays get into heaven but that they should also be allowed to get married as well. Why? Because they are children of god plain and simple, and if you look at the inflammatory texts towards homosexuals in a historical and sociological context you will understand that those verses probably were not added by god himself/herself. Simply put, the bible is a construct of man, and though it can help us better understand god and even ourselves it should not be forgotten that it was written by the hands of men claiming to have divine authority or inspiration. Not God.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If we all are created in Gods image, as the Catholic's and Christians preach, then God has already given his green light for gays in heaven...

So what's the prob? The proof is literally in the "Pudding."

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Level X]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

www.heraldsun.com.au

HOMOSEXUALS and transsexuals "will never enter the kingdom of heaven", a leading Roman Catholic cardinal said overnight.

Cardinal Javier Lozano Barragan said that while the Church regarded homosexuality as an "insult to God", this did not justify discrimination against gay and transsexual people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is breaking news?

People really are getting dumber.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
If we all are created in Gods image, as the Catholic's and Christians preach, then God has already given his green light for gays in heaven...

Your logic is stupid.

Image = potential and likeness. Not choices having been made. Do we all make the same choices? No. Then by your logic, everyone here has their own personal god by whom no one else is guided. That is pagan and unchristian.

Therefore, your logic is stupid.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by Level X

Your logic is stupid.

Image = potential and likeness. Not choices having been made. Do we all make the same choices? No. Then by your logic, everyone here has their own personal god by whom no one else is guided. That is pagan and unchristian.

Therefore, your logic is stupid.

You are obviously a Christian who claims God in the "good times" then blames mans free will in the bad...

God created you and gays... so he must love you and gays ... right?

Besides, all it takes is a couple of knee sessions in church for you, a Lesbian, bisexual or gay to get into heaven just like anyone else.

Stop making your God out to be a flim-flaming hypocrate!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra

I could care less who is gay or what sort of gay activities they do. Christianity doesn't allow homosexuality. Period. You wanna be gay? Ok well you can't be a gay Christian so choose. You can't root for the Red Sox AND the Yankees. Make a decision. I won't force you to be straight, so don't force me to think gays are "fabulous". I don't hate gay people, but i do hate the lifestyle.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by Mr Poopra]

Where did all the hatred come from?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join