It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays 'will never go to heaven'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Party down in hell anyone ?

Amen.

As it was so well put by of all people, Marilyn Manson, "You gotta be saved to go to heaven, but the way I see it is you only have to be yourself to go to hell!"

Who cares what some outdated leader of an outdated cult says. Let his followers deal with their own ignorance while the rest of us evolve past the point of yet another blood religion.

Fortunately as an atheist outside of the boundaries of such controls, I can only sit back and wonder how many kids are going to end up getting screwed up by this hateful talk by an ignorant church leader because their parents listen to it. If adults continue to push more and more of this ridiculous dogma on their children, then I may have to quit all forms of vice if only to live long enough to see what will happen to those same adults when their heartless, brainwashed children end up putting them all in retirement homes.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There are a lot of people who have their opinions diluted by ignorance and hate. This topic usually provides an avenue for those folk.

And that's on both sides of the argument.

It's not like there is an immenent finding that will prove whether or not God exists, or whether or not Homosexuality is natural or it isn't so why do we continue to beat this dead horse?

I mean honestly folk, can we not all live and let live.

For the Christians: It's not your place to judge, that's up to God, which ever one you believe in. You may have an opinion, but your opinion is just really a best guess, most like everything else we see as "truth" in our current society.

For the Gay folk: This includes myself obviously. If you aren't religious, this should not bother you. Yes it sucks that folk will continually to call us names and throw rocks at a glass house.

However, a teacher once taught me a valuable lesson.

The more you say, the dumber you look.

There is no arguing with people over this issue. We are far too busy marinating in our pre-conceived notions of reality and truth to ever have a real discussion about this which would exclude hate or any kind of ignorance.

Live and let live.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I just finished watching "Guess Who Is Coming To Dinner" with Katherine Hepburne and Spencer Tracey.

Watch it and substitute "Negro/Black" for "Gay".

Times are a changing and mankind must learn to drop the hate.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic
[

yes. since the bible says that sex and is only to be done between a married man and a woman sex with any one but ur spouse is a sin. ur not really getting what im saying. a sin is a sin wether its murder or stealing or adultery. no sin is greater. so yes being gay or having gay sex in the eyes of God is the same as adultery. and u failed to see what els i wrote... DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY AND IF U WANT TO GET INTO HEAVEN YOU WILL. we are all sinners we cant help but sin. no matter what you do u will sin. u wake up sinning. you sin in ur sleep. sin is not what denies you passage into heaven, its the denial of God.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
neither will christians who dont stone em to death and then turn the cheek towards the whole incident

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

I haven't read any other of your post but this last one I agree with.
And I take heat from both sides, believers and non.
Whether homosexuality is a sin or not should not be part of a human rights issue. If you're a Christian you will err on the side of love and forgiveness and leave the penance up to God. Marriage is NOT ONLY a religious ceremony but a legally bindng contract recognized by law. Every consenting adult in America has a right to enter that contract.
When it comes to God I am not a skeptic although I respect everyone else's right to be one. It isn't a problem understanding other points of view since I probably held the same thoughts at one time or another. It has been a big full circle getting BACK to believing humanity has "an author"
There's the possibility "God" is a near alien, communicating telepathically and religion WAS but a means to control all of us. I admit I know nothing about the AUTHOR but address petitions and thanks to a "Being" or "creative group" that is "all good" and "worthy of all my love"
IF there is no recipient "out there" who answers to this description I guess my prayer won't get delivered...so what have I lost? There is nothing (well everything! lol) I would have done differently anyway.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by galatea
Why would God "create" people that are Gay, only to send them to enternal damnation? Homosexuals are born that way, if it was a choice, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't choose to be gay because of all the discrimination they get.

I know the bible and I know that it says they aren't supposed to "act" on it. However, I believe that the bible was written by man, and well that's another topic in itself.

So, no I don't believe there really is a hell. I believe that God, or I believe Goddess, put us here to nurture our souls and prepare for the next spiritual plane..

....so homosexuals aren't going to hell, because there isn't one, hell is a manmade ideal to scare people into doing certain things for big brother's gain.

THat is your belief system- as for no choice, are you saying homosexuals are all robots who do not choose partners, choose to have sex etc- is this some sort of sleepwalking sex they indulge in?

We all make choices, I made a choice to have sex with a woman and marry her, nobody made me do it- sameway as homosexuals choose to have sex with people.

Some Christians feel that in the afterlife this will be a problem- if you do not believe in their vision of the afterlife, then why worry

[edit on 7-12-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

No 'category' of human (flesh) will inherit the kingdom.

"The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so are those who are of the dust; and as is the man of heaven, so are those who are of heaven. 49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. 50 I tell you this, brethren: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Lo! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:47-51

By 'no category' it also means no 'pope' or 'priest'...
...for these too are human titles, descriptions and categories.

None of us will be what we are now...
...for we are currently but a shadow of our future selves.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

no matter what you do u will sin. u wake up sinning. you sin in ur sleep.

How do I wake up sinning?

how do I sin in my sleep?

This site is getting ridiculous- thread after thread of complete religious bull#, I'm over it and I only just got here.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizenHow do I wake up sinning?

This site is getting ridiculous- thread after thread of complete religious bull#, I'm over it and I only just got here.

I wouldn't get too upset about it- it is cearly just highlighting how Christians view the human condition- sin is constant and is an integral part of our existince until we die

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by lifecitizenHow do I wake up sinning?

I wouldn't get too upset about it- it is cearly just highlighting how Christians view the human condition- sin is constant and is an integral part of our existince until we die

I'm just sick of the religious zealots here, not upset.

sin in our sleep- what a loada,seriously.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizenI'm just sick of the religious zealots here, not upset.

unless you cease to be a human being during your sleep, then there is no surprise that this is how Christians would view things- I hardly class that as "zealotry"

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well, I dont know if this has been posted yet, because frankly I got bored before the end of the 1st page. I mean who cares what a bunch of religious crackpots think about the afterlife of others?
So, just in case its been overlooked... these people would wholeheartedly disagree!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
Well, I dont know if this has been posted yet, because frankly I got bored before the end of the 1st page. I mean who cares what a bunch of religious crackpots think about the afterlife of others?
So, just in case its been overlooked... these people would wholeheartedly disagree!

your attitude is the right one (though I do not think it warrants the term "crackpot")- whisper it, this chap would also say that all NON CHRISTIANS will not go to heaven, that is what religion should be about, spiritual belief, when people start cranking in their victim seeking and "hate speech" nonsense then I have to laugh

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

all those with such deeply entrenched beleieves are one of the same , whether they stand in a pulpit on a sunday preaching fire and brimstone to the `heathens` or whether they wear a turban and run around screaming ` allah akbar`and blowing up the world in the name if there faith

raving loonies the lot of `em

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Yeah, I was just blasting through this last page & that line stood out to me too. So the god of Abraham would consider us guilty for something we have no conscious volition in? Thats some amazingly skillful propagandising isn't it? You can live as morally & ascetically as you possibly can, but you're still not good enough... Unless you sign on with our shtick.
What gets me is how people can believe it!
As you say, seriously.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I'm not sure if you are categorising my use of "crackpots" as "hate-speech" or not. Just in case anyone thinks it is tho, allow me to demonstrate the difference:
"f#kin deluded proselytisers of fear & ignorance, amounting to nothing short of the scum of the earth"
- now that would be hate-speech. My own view is that there's no need for the swearing or strong insult, however commonly used, mildly perjorative nouns, like crackpot, indicate merely heartfelt disagreement & possibly laziness in not bothering to address specific ideas or actions but just going straight for the person. To the latter: guilty as charged.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Level X

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by Level X
If we all are created in Gods image, as the Catholic's and Christians preach, then God has already given his green light for gays in heaven...

So what's the prob? The proof is literally in the "Pudding."

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Level X]

Your logic is stupid.

Image = potential and likeness. Not choices having been made. Do we all make the same choices? No. Then by your logic, everyone here has their own personal god by whom no one else is guided. That is pagan and unchristian.

Therefore, your logic is stupid.

You are obviously a Christian who claims God in the "good times" then blames mans free will in the bad...

God created you and gays... so he must love you and gays ... right?

Besides, all it takes is a couple of knee sessions in church for you, a Lesbian, bisexual or gay to get into heaven just like anyone else.

Stop making your God out to be a flim-flaming hypocrate!

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Level X]

You aren't an adult are you?

It's okay. You'll get over it soon. In the mean time, you might want to learn a little bit of logic.

God created people. The end.
Some people have chosen to not only participate in homosexual acts, but go so far as LABEL themselves as "homosexual". This is sin.

Therefore... God is not glorifying anyone for being a homosexual.

And the same goes for you and your inability to think. NO glory there.

And the same goes for me and my inability to be sensitive and caring about your retarded feelings. No glory here.

The conspiracy is in the fact that homosexuality is now a MONEY MAKER. Every now and then someone in the catholic church gets a burst of conscience and opens their mouth for the sake of argument and it ends up being a slap in the face of media and advertising. So, here we go, hop on the bandwagon and create a all-out-2-day-fit over something that is COMMON KNOWLEDGE.

All to make a buck.

I feel sorry for so many self-proclaimed homosexuals these days because I am betting they have been train-wrecked and brain-washed and found some sort of solace and protection in the ability to be considered weird or odd. They have found something unnatural to go with their unnatural seeming life with unnatural results.

And then you have the few who are homosexual because they are rich or bored or pathetic.

The fact is, we all have a sort of condition and all of us are weak in our own ways. Anyone who is spending their life condemning gays is pathetic. Anyone who is sticking up for what they're doing is doubly pathetic. That's the same thing as defending yourself when you're stealing or lying. It's PATHETIC.

All these politics and phrases and what-not... it's all a foolish game and all of you play along with it. The reality is that once ANYONE decides to repent from their perpetual sin, God is going to start allowing that one to have more communication with Him. He does not like looking upon someone who is dirty all the time -- He's a lot like we are that way. We don't like to stare at toothless hobos all day! Well, that's what we look like to God when we keep a perpetual sin. Toothless hobos. He'll help us every now and again, but He ain't gonna give us the key to his place!

I just want all this stupidity to stop.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

i have a question for you:

do you believe that `gays` should have the same rights and respect as `straights`?

a straight answer , one not couched in flamboyant language would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

It's okay. You'll get over it soon. In the mean time, you might want to learn a little bit of logic.

The rest of your post does not conform to what you call "logic"

People turn gay because they are rich and bored?

I would go on, but it's clear that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. You are very funny though, that post cracked me up.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join