It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're a horrible person and so am I.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm severely depressed as I write this for a simple reason. Most of us were taught in school how the Nazi chain of command worked. The people at the top would tell the underlings to do things like "shoot this guy because he is a Jew". Then the underling would go ahead and shoot the Jew. Not because he wanted to but because he was told to and if he didn't he himself may be shot. And then we think to ourselves... we would never do that because that is morally wrong and we are better than that. We would disobey. Well, no, you wouldn't disobey the immoral dictates, and no you don't disobey the moral dictates you receive today.

The world is absolutely rife with millions upon millions of injustices daily. Many or most of them are government-created. For example, a good portion of Americans supported the Iraq war because because Saddam Hussein gassed maybe 80,000 civilians in the 1980's. The USA needed to "be sure it couldn't happen again", and killed at least 300,000 Iraq civilians in the process in their "war against [non-existent] WMDs" by the most conservative of estimates... more like 1 million deaths in reality due to the USA's military campaign to "help" the people of Iraq.

Some of us consider such a thing highly immoral and wish we didn't have to support it. But the thing is, you have to support it. The reason we are forced to support the Iraq war is because we are forced to pay taxes. Our tax money (or in this case the government promise of our future tax money) goes to fund the Iraq war. Yet if we don't pay taxes, we may end up in prison. And if we did that and were singled out, we'd end up crying about the horrible thing we did in front of the judge begging him for forgiveness for our "crime". In other words, if you were caught, we'd regret it rather than proudly trumpeting your strong moral values.

Its not about Iraq. I can list off maybe 100 serious offenses without all that much effort. Personally I'm offended that a bunch of old people who claim authority over me (USA congress) have taken out a $100,000+ loan on my behalf through expansion of the national federal debt... making me a debt slave for life, and all for nothing of significance.

If the government is doing even one thing immoral on a regular basis and you are truly a moral person then you would not pay even a penny in taxes until what they are doing stops! I personally don't plan to stop paying my taxes. I hear countless people on ATS rail the government for immoral behaviors and they aren't going to stop paying theirs either. So you're a horrible person and so am I.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Pay taxes? Not me and not over 80 million others. You have no obligation to pay income tax. Traffic tickets and all the other fake tributes go to the same place as the income tax, the international monetary fund. Taxes never pay for wars, debt pays for wars.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
So you're a horrible person and so am I.

I agree.

You are a horrible person.

Not because you do all of the things that you just listed but because you condemn everybody along with yourself in order to justify your own failings.

Why is it that people constantly wallow in self pity and self loathing but always want to drag the rest into it as well?

I know misery loves company but you need to get used on your own time.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I agree, the only way to not be apart of the system is to take your own life, or go bush... live of the land.

You earn money so you can lead a good life, in the process paying taxes to support a government which contributes to mass democide the world over.
Think about this, it's not just income tax, it's tax on every little thing you buy, cigarettes, alcohol, sweets, fuel, vehicle registration. It's all apart of the system and if you wish to live a life with basic luxuries and comforts it can not be beaten.

I see the connection you are implying but I do not see it as horrible, the same way I do not see the Nazi grunts murdering jews as horrible, because if I did then I would be the same as them, I might not be pulling a trigger or dropping a bomb but I am doing what I need to do to live a good life.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by truthquest
So you're a horrible person and so am I.

I agree.

You are a horrible person.

Not because you do all of the things that you just listed but because you condemn everybody along with yourself in order to justify your own failings.

Why is it that people constantly wallow in self pity and self loathing but always want to drag the rest into it as well?

I know misery loves company but you need to get used on your own time.

I demand to know how you suppose I have self-justified my actions. I havn't. I should go to jail for paying my taxes. Its not right. And I demand to know where I have ever asked for pity or mercy. Oh please, if my actions were justified I wouldn't be depressed. And I demand to know which part of my posting suggests I'm looking for pity. My posting is all about calling out both myself and others for being horrible people. Thats it.

And if your US state government is doing something immoral on a regular basis you have no business buying a license plate or going shopping. So of course I find it depressing that the only method of having significant level of moral moral decency is to practically sacrifice my entire life.

The US government is involved in the wrongful deaths of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or possibly millions of people on quite a regular basis. So yes it is in a way almost as bad as the Nazis who gassed people.

And there is another reason I'm depressed I didn't mention. If I were to do this... not pay taxes and go up to a judge and jury and tell them my side of the story. They would laugh at me as a nut and then lock me up in prison for years. So even if I were to do that not a soul would recognize it!

I mean that has happened after all. The big man standing up for their morals tells the IRS they can shove it... then they go to prison and nobody even notices! After sleeping on it I think that really is the big problem... you do the right thing and you are just a nut nobody wants to listen to and your life is ruined because you're an IRS felon and they'll immediately toss your job application in the trash.

top topics

join