It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was no such thing as censorship anywhere on speech or writing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
...would you be talking differently than how you do be currently on, say, message boards?

You know, why isn't there a law against such censorship period in the U.S.? What would happen if such the censorship was against the law in the U.S? Do you know if something good or bad would result in there being no such censorship period? Would it be taking away freedom of speech to make a law against anyone censoring any thing spoken or written?

You know, it would be powerful if the world allowed raw speaking and writing, wouldn't you say? I don't see why not allow such to go unpunished no matter what is said. But cowards are afraid of words to why it is not so. Why are people afraid of words exactly? It doesnt make sense to limit the power words have in today's world. I'd like to see a stunt based message board so then we can say anything and get away without punishment to what things we may have said freely that normally we'd be in trouble for. I'd also like to see message boards where the topic starter is the MOD to their own thread and others' posts that enter their thread. Ha! That would be smooth! Maybe I should start that kind of message board myself.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Tormentations]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Actually, that is not a bad idea. A mod on your own thread. Kind of the like the way YouTube allows uploaders to delete comments.

Actually pretty cool.

As for anything goes, one would have to write in the T&C that ALL content is provided by the OP and all comments are the property and responsibility of the OP.

join