It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate expert steps down after hacked emails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

www.abc.net.au

The head of a British climate research institute has stepped aside after hacked emails were seized upon by sceptics as evidence that the case for global warming has been exaggerated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Exaggerated is a nice way of saying “Made up”. Yes, the house of cards is falling! The one thing the NWO did not count on is the Truthers movement being clever enough to see through the veil of lies. Now that one guy has fallen on his side, see the rest of them run for cover.

Surely this will put a stop to the ridiculous carbon tax these clowns are planning?

www.abc.net.au

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The hacked files can be downloaded here.
Just go below the second paragraph for the link.

wideshut.co.uk...

Hope the link works.

I.A.

Edit to correct mistake.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver

www.abc.net.au

The head of a British climate research institute has stepped aside after hacked emails were seized upon by sceptics as evidence that the case for global warming has been exaggerated.

He should step down and into a prison cell for collusion.
They should throw eggs at him.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver

Exaggerated is a nice way of saying “Made up”. Yes, the house of cards is falling! The one thing the NWO did not count on is the Truthers movement being clever enough to see through the veil of lies.

People that don't buy the Global Warming Myth are not "Truthers." Call us "deniers", call us anything, but please don't lump us in with the idiotic Truther mob.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Don’t ante into that semantics game at all! And also don’t be ashamed of being labeled a “Truther”. The term “Truthers” was essentially a constructed pejorative used to dismiss anyone that questioned the “Warmers” dogma (I admit the hypocrisy here). It was clearly intended to be used, as some have attempted, to use a dismissive label such as “Nazi”, "Communist", "hippie", “racist”, “homophobe”, etc. to dismiss anything further you have to say. The application instantly rendered anything you had to say as pure lunacy.

Thus, by applying that label, you were instantly banished to the ranks of kooks. So, maybe by your definition, you are not a “Truther”. But they would have gladly used that definition for you – and that was the point: make anyone that questions the Church of Global Warming a heretic. Whether or not the questioning was justified is besides the point (see: Galileo, Bruno, et al).

In that sense, you should be proud to be labeled a “Truther”. Because at least you had the courage to speak out against the orthodoxy. And furthermore, NEVER feel ashamed to get lumped in with those that ask questions! After all, Isn’t that why you’re here on ATS ?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by passenger]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Truther here!

1 down, Many more to Go.

Just walk them right into prison with a 1 way ticket in hand.

I can't wait for the Gore machine to topple!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Very interesting. I've been keeping up with the story as much as possible and have tried very hard to listen to both sides of the arguments. Some made the findings appear very damning while other said they weren't anything major so I began to get a bit confused.

But if people are actually resigning, then this tells me there is indeed some veracity to the claims.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Very interesting. I've been keeping up with the story as much as possible and have tried very hard to listen to both sides of the arguments. Some made the findings appear very damning while other said they weren't anything major so I began to get a bit confused.

But if people are actually resigning, then this tells me there is indeed some veracity to the claims.

It is very interesting. Im wondering what implications it will have on my organisations climatic research section. Obviously being the major meteorological and climatic organisation, we wouldve had emails to and from the Brits.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Interesting Oz, so do you think this was kept among the Brits, or did they share their little secret with other countries?

I would love to hear your input, and even more, your conclusions based on your research when it is finished.

Basically, I have been saying for the last 2 years that the climate IS warming up, BUT this is part of a natural cycle (one only needs to study ice core samples).

If we were around about 11,000 years ago, just before the end of the last ice age we would all be commenting on how warm things are getting now, and boy it’s hot today! So hot in fact it melted the MASSIVE glaciers (up to 1Km thick) and ice sheets that once cover New York City!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

All I know is that our data, like most the worlds climatic data, is available to the scientists that work there. I cant say what information or if any of our guys were involved in it for sure, but we have been asked to not comment until our own internal investigation is concluded.

Personally though my belief is, the earth goes through natural longterm cooling and heating. Unfortunantly though, there is simply not enough meteorological human observational data to prove weather or not climate change is a myth or not. Also, I dont think the full effects of the La Nina and El Nino weather patterns have been taken into acount

For the record to, the global average temperature has actually been cooler for the past 2 years

top topics

join