It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fears mount over giant carp reaching Great Lakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that the Carp Migration might have 'something' driving them to the Lakes?

Consider this link:
www.dailygalaxy.com...

where it tells us that the whale songs of late, (keeping with the fish category of Earth lifeforms) are weirdly strange...

Has anyone considered that the Carp are not just expanding their territory---but are attempting to excape by going to the GreatLakes?

I take the Whale's change of octive/tone to be something akin to their self-awareness that there is an approaching disaster...and they have no-where else to go...so they are 'tweeting' in Whale Talk, much like some of us humans log on top ATS to discuss 2012/end times/ Armageddon.

If we would take notice beyond the Carp & Whales, who might be sensitive to the stress of earth crust dynamics & the low frequency waves these stresses produce... are trying to excape(as in the carp),
or are just telling their 'Wills' to all other Whales who 'hear them' in the vast ocean through the medium of sound; by Singing their Wills

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I live just outside Chicago and the chemicals they put in the water killed ALL of the fish. There are thousands of dead fish in the des plains river near my house, all belly up on the surface. The water is a lovely shade of lavender.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You're telling me that the people starving in Africa wouldn't want to eat this? No wonder Americans have such a bad reputation. There are people -- about 2 billion or so according to the UN -- going hungry and eventually dying from starvation.

Yet, here is the US, we have the problem of large, edible fish that are destroying the ecosystem of the Great Lakes.

You would think that with all of the trillions of dollars spent on the most foolish of projects, that somebody would figure out a way to solve one nation's problem by feeding another.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
I live just outside Chicago and the chemicals they put in the water killed ALL of the fish. There are thousands of dead fish in the des plains river near my house, all belly up on the surface. The water is a lovely shade of lavender.

OK
the carps did the 'Lemming thing' and crowded into the toxic lake to excape their impending Doom!

you reply still doesn't discredit my stated thoughts on some fish life stresses & how they are coping... the Whales songs being the pinnacle which human scientists should explore more closely

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

first of all whales = mammal

Carp=fish

fish have never shown any kind of communication outside of fanning out a spawing bed, well sea-horses have a pretty intricate mating dance, but not the point.

Carp do not have the mental capacity to think, let alone communicate. As far as natural instict to survive, not an issue see my previous post of ONE fisherman harvesting 2500 -3000 pounds of carp in a WEEK. They aren't trying to escape a polluted area, they are merely populating a area that has abundant food and few predators.

Seriously, take a aquaphone and record the carp calls, I would love to hear them, better yet, dunk your head in the Illinios or Des Plains river and tell me what you hear.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by jacksmoke]

[edit on 5-12-2009 by jacksmoke]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
dbl post

2nd line

[edit on 4-12-2009 by jacksmoke]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Again see my previous post on carp farming and think about what it would take to smoke enough carp to feed 2 billion people. btw, unless you've eaten a carp I will not take seriously your opinion that carp are edible, if you have, I question your taste.

I have eaten a piece of smoked carp, not horrible, but its a pain to clean even bigger pain to smoke

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by eightonefive

OK
the carps did the 'Lemming thing' and crowded into the toxic lake to excape their impending Doom!

you reply still doesn't discredit my stated thoughts on some fish life stresses & how they are coping... the Whales songs being the pinnacle which human scientists should explore more closely

Huh? I wasn't trying to discredit anything you said. I was just stating a fact, from first hand knowledge of the event.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
815, question for ya, are the asian carp only in the des plains, or are they in all the chicago-area rivers?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
similar things are happening all over the world to be honest. Many lakes in the UK have been swamped with Pike(nicknamed freshwater sharks for their huge teeth and eating habits) and Perch

Pike and Perch are native species though, so what's the problem with finding them in rivers and Lakes in the UK?

reply to post by jacksmoke

Actually, fish do communicate using low frequency sounds generated internally and by visual cues using parts of their body...

[edit on 5/12/09 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
[

Actually, fish do communicate using low frequency sounds generated internally and by visual cues using parts of their body...

[edit on 5/12/09 by stumason]

I am not above being corrected, but my understanding is that the lateral line does indeed sense vibrations and that fish create vibs while swimming and different fish produce different vibs and they can sense that something is approaching them. If fish do communicate on a level similar to whales I am stunned and amazed, that they can co-ordinated as well as dolphins, killer whales and other large aquatic mammals. Sailfish may chase after the same bait ball and utilize the presence of other predatory fish that, imo, doesn't prove a co-ordinated attack. Please correct me if I am ill-informed

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

After I stopped laughing at your post, I continued laughing at Jacksmokes! It fits the bill.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by PRS395]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Poisoning the fish and building barriers are useless. It's only going to take one loser who's mad at the world and a couple of 55 gallon water drums with some carp in them getting driven to the lake shore and dumped. In about 20 years those things will be in every lake and river that empties into them. They never should have brought them here in the first place.

If you like perch and bass, I hope you have room for a pond on your property.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Fish hatcheries are to water ecosystems, what a big box of rats was to 13th century Europe.

Kind of like big floating plague-and-sewage bombs, really.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
reply to post by lpowell0627

Again see my previous post on carp farming and think about what it would take to smoke enough carp to feed 2 billion people. btw, unless you've eaten a carp I will not take seriously your opinion that carp are edible, if you have, I question your taste.

I have eaten a piece of smoked carp, not horrible, but its a pain to clean even bigger pain to smoke

I want you to go without food for several days. Then, I want you to realize you have no other food available to you. Next, I want you to look at your children as they are starving.

Now, I want you to eat a carp. Tastes better now, no?

People are starving. The definition of edible is that it can be safely eaten.

Not everyone has such refined tastes as yours when faced with starvation.

People eat insects, grubs, etc. for nutrition. Every tasted one of those? I'll take the carp.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
WOW!!!
I wasn't expecting the various responses to this article!!! This is great!!! I was looking at it from more of a sportsman's point of view....Great posts everybody!!! Thank you!!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
just watched those videos and some others on youtube and I must say that was absolutly crazy

I have never seen anything like that in my life. But catching those fish would be a good way of making a living.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join