It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBS board to quit if chancellor vetoes £1.5bn in bonuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The directors of Royal Bank of Scotland have been given legal advice that they would have to resign if the chancellor of the exchequer were to block them from paying the bonuses they regard as essential to maintain the competitiveness of the group.

Source
This is just wow, I have no real words to say to this. The UK public essentialy owns 70% of the RBS but they feel they have done so well they can take £1.5billion in bonuses.

I suppose if you consider fleccing a country out of billions to save your sorry ass as great work and deserving of a bonus then why not.

Truley these people are so far removed from reality they have no idea, the simple solution would be to fire them all.

It also never ceases to amaze me how much work huge company directors feel they do. From my experiance all there work is carried out by lots of people down the chian. Once the work is passed up the way each boss in the chian presents it as there own work, I have seen this happen many times in my own work place.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Let them resign, and look for people who might actually be able to manage the Banks affairs more responsibly than the current bunch. If there is £1.5bn surplus to pay in bonuses then that money should be repaid to the Exchequer to offset the bailout money they received.

It won't happen, they'll get their way, disgusting bonuses will be paid, there will be a media furore for a week, then people will forget until next years bonuses are due to be paid.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Hey, don't let that gold filigreed door hit you on the ass on your way out it!

S&F

edit to fix filigreed spelling

[edit on 12/2/2009 by endisnighe]

new topics

join