It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Serve and Protect the Killers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Killers often die as a result of their own stupidity, our police should have no business protecting their names no matter who asks. 

This privacy protection act really goes to show who the police are protecting here. Because of this privacy protection act a killers family can request the killers name to be kept secret. And like good sheep, the police dont release the killers name.

So I ask you this what good are police if they cant even tell you who killed who?

I cant believe they protect killers while familys bury their loved ones. I wanna know what you think about this.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I believe that a man is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty and that once a man has been "proved" anything, his record becomes a matter of public record.
I disapprove of your stance on the matter tremendously.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

so if someone killed someone you know you believe he is innocent? strange I always thought it was guilty untill proven innocent.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I don't know what sort of hell you live in, but no, you are granted the presumption of innocence until you are proven guilty.
If it were as you say, I could call you a murderer and your name would bne plastered on television.
Good luck getting a sympathetic jury when the prosecution has half of its job done for them as everyone already assumes you are guilty.

If your accuser is a liar, you go to jail.
It still happens as it is, and we AREN'T allowed to presume guilt.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
reply to post by JayinAR

so if someone killed someone you know you believe he is innocent? strange I always thought it was guilty untill proven innocent.

Why would anyone be guilty without being proven guilty?
You're not guilty if you're not proven to be guilty, it's that easy.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
reply to post by JayinAR

for the usa, i think that only applies to sex offenders, and even then, only politically and socially.

new topics

top topics

join