It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a little note to my fellow ATS'ers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Recently I crossed over the 9000 post mark as a member here. That's a whole lot of yakkin'...

Not as much as some, but more than most...

I got to thinkin', given my attention span, which is somewhat low for most things, how the blinkin' blue blazes did I last this long?

The answer was only slightly less than blindingly obvious...even to me.

It's all of you, yes, even you...

If it weren't for all of you, my fellow seekers, I'd have given up ATS a long time ago... I learn something new every single time I log in...don't always agree with it, but I learn it none the less. I've agreed with many of you, disagreed with almost as many of you, been called names, called names (to my shame), been castigated for my beliefs...mourned with you, shared your joys... In short, it's much like a family that I've chosen to belong to. We disagree, we agree, sometimes in the same conversation...

Over the past couple of years I've been honored to be asked to join the staff, and it's been an unmitigated joyride. Some has been tear jerking, yet most has been a blast. I've made some friends here, that'll last a long time. I'm sure I've made some enemies, too, which is unfortunate, but what the hey... I hope they're the sort of enemies one can look back upon and say, "worthy adversary".

This is very stream of consciousness rambling monologue. ...and for that, I apologize. But heartfelt.

Thanks for an adventure in learning over the past four years, and here's to many more.

seagull.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Good to have you Seagull, hope you stay on for some time and...

We have nothing to fear, save fear itself...
...and spiders.

Oh. Never mind.

- Rune Spider

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Its been a pleasure to see even a small part of those 9000 posts

Cheers Seagull

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

look out the window
there is a whole world outside :p

just joking

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I notice that every now and then, but then it occurs to me that it's probably all a conspiracy, so I ignore it...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Recently I crossed over the 9000 post mark as a member here. That's a whole lot of yakkin'...

Not really ... it's all quality!

Not as much as some, but more than most...

Quality!

Seriously, nice going bud ... and don't you dare stop the yakkity flow.

Go Mariners!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by bodrul

I notice that every now and then, but then it occurs to me that it's probably all a conspiracy, so I ignore it...

Yes the outside is about as realistic as reptilians, star children and the galactic federation of light

Ive been here way to long.....

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Nicely done, Gull. Its always quality with you, so the quantity is just right..

Ask SD, he's got you beat in just over a year.. haha

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

We have nothing to fear, save fear itself...
...and spiders, but not Rune Spiders.

Ah well then, that's a different thing, been good knowing you! Hope you stick around a good deal longer!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've always enjoyed reading your posts! Even those with which I disagree. I'm glad you're here. It's members like you that make ATS worth coming back to again and again.

new topics

top topics

join