It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Critical Unraveling of U.S. Society

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm not living under some delusion that mystical forces are effecting my life. I'm living under the very real consequences of permitting the voting slobs to decide en mass to lynch me and steal my property and put policies and ordinances in place to prevent me surviving off of myself.

Cant farm anymore. At least not without turning a profit of some sort because I have to pay property tax. So if I turn a profit suddenly I have to pay income tax. Work so hard at turning a profit just to keep living in your home and on your land that there's no time left to actually farm and produce for myself. So I'm left turning a profit to hand over to others by way of markets and finished goods. I dont want to make others rich. I dont want to make myself rich. I just want to be able to feed myself and stay war in the Winter. I cant even do that without facing threats from government. Who the hell are they to come and tell me what I must do just to continue living my life?

Property tax is slavery and anyone supporting any such tax is a slaver and deserves a long and drawn out death.

Establish what you will. I dont ever want to see you and you will never see me. I have nothing but red hot hatred for every living soul. It's because they're afraid of freedom we cannot be free and those of us who attempt it end up in prison or shot to death at 3AM when the gov comes to collect it's "protection money."

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
reply to post by GovtFlu

I hate to tell you, but if the dollar collapses, Iraq of today will look like a "party" in face of what reality comes.

Not saying Iraq is a walk in the park.

But it sure isn't billions of people eating each other and raping everything that moves while they murder for buckets of gas and a few bullets.

Again...not saying Iraq is "great fun times all day all night"...but it is nothing compared to a global collapse that drives 3.2 billion people to the most desperate actions you can imagine.

God bless those in Iraq and may they somehow find peace...but when the SHTF we will all beg for a little piece of Iraq for us all.

I agree completely. When SHTF we will see total anarchy.

Some say anarchy is a good thing. Sure you will have total freedom to do whatever you want which is all good and nice. The problem is, so will everyone else (including the rapists, child molesters, murders, petty thieves, gang bangers, and just some random guy that wants to kill everyone). I'm sure eventually we will group up again and start communities but after an event like that I don't think the world at large would ever be the same ever again!

[edit on 7-12-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i'm 57, bought a small house in 85' with 10% down and a 15 year mortgage, bought 2 year old cars when needed, ate at home most of the time, no boat, no big suv, no big trips, no trying to up the jones next door.

now...i have no debt, i've retired early, plenty of money, but not rich. i've been called a tight ass all my life, but now i'm financially comfortable. and i sit at home working at my hobbies, reading, going for drives with my wife, and not having to worry about some 401k, paying back loans, or bills.

we all make choices in life, and i was looked down on in my early years for not getting the bigger house, the better car, the rolex, the boat, the trips to hawaii...but i'm having the last laugh and yes i'm smug about it.
all those middle class people had the chance as i did, they made their bed and now they have to lie in it.

I'm glad that it worked out for you. Some of us tried the same thing but due to the recession it backfired.

Bought my house 5 1/2 years ago. 20% down. Mortgage was equal to one week's pay.

Now, my house is worth 38% less. And frankly, I don't even think I could sell it for that.

On top of this, we are only bringing in about 58 - 67% of what we were despite having the exact same jobs. It's commission-based, hence the range.

Don't get me wrong -- I am happy for you.

But this latest bubble has made it extremely difficult for even those of us that DIDN'T abuse credit or spend beyond our means.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
yes all will be wake up to the light see the real going on in the free land my a##

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join