The Critical Unraveling of U.S. Society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The Critical Unraveling of U.S. Society

You may have missed it in the mainstream news media, but statistical societal indicators are reading red across the board. Before exposing the root causes of this breakdown, let’s look at some vital statistics and facts:

* The inequality of wealth in the United States is soaring to an unprecedented level. The US already had the highest inequality of wealth in the industrialized world prior to the financial crisis. Since the crisis, which has hit the middle class and poor much harder than the top one percent, the gap between the top one percent and the remaining 99% of the US population has grown to a record high.

* As the stock market went over the 10,000 mark and just surged to a 13-month high, the three big banks that took taxpayer money and benefit the most from the government bailout have just set a new global economic record by issuing $30 billion in annual bonuses this year, “up 60 percent from last year.” Bloomberg reported: “Goldman Sachs, the most profitable securities firm in Wall Street history, had a record profit in the first nine months of this year and set aside $16.7 billion for compensation expenses.” Goldman Sachs is on pace for the best year in the firm’s history, they are also benefiting by only paying 1% in taxes.

Snippets..

* Workers between the age of 55 – 60, who have worked for 20 – 29 years, have lost an average of 25 percent off their 401k. During the same time period, the wealth of the 400 richest Americans went up by $30 billion, bringing their total combined wealth to $1.57 trillion.

* Home foreclosure filings “hit a record high in the third quarter [of 2009]… They were the worst three months of all time… 937,840 homes received a foreclosure letter” in this three month period. “3.4 million homes are expected to enter foreclosure by year’s end, with some experts estimating that next year will be even worse.”

President Obama has enacted a $75 billion taxpayer funded program that has been a spectacular failure in stemming the foreclosure crisis and has proven to be another massive waste of billions of taxpayer dollars.

* 25 Million people are unemployed or underemployed.

This means we have 25 million people who urgently need to increase their income, and they’re quickly running out of options. The unemployment rate is expected to rise further and remain high for several years. “The president’s chief economic adviser warned that the nation’s unemployment rate could stay ‘unacceptably high’ for years to come.”

One out of every two children in the United States of America will need to use a food stamp… to EAT!

If you didn’t think starvation was a serious threat in the US, just read this new Washington Post report: “The nation’s economic crisis has catapulted the number of Americans who lack enough food to the highest level since the government has been keeping track, according to a new federal report, which shows that nearly 50 million people — including almost one child in four — struggled last year to get enough to eat… Several independent advocates and policy experts on hunger said that they had been bracing for the latest report to show deepening shortages, but that they were nevertheless astonished by how much the problem has worsened. ‘This is unthinkable. It’s like we are living in a Third World country,’ said Vicki Escarra, president of Feeding America.”

The United States Department of Agriculture released these findings in a study that was completed in December 2008, which means these numbers don’t take into account the millions more unemployed throughout 2009. The numbers of people living in poverty and struggling to eat has seen a significant increase since then.

* The gun and ammunition manufacturing industry in the United States has over 200 companies producing billions of dollars in annual revenues. This huge manufacturing base cannot fulfill demand quickly enough. The demand for guns and ammunition has hit a record high and the gun industry cannot produce enough bullets to keep up with orders.

American’s are arming themselves to the teeth!

* In the past year, 100 new armed militia groups have been formed, as militia members have doubled in numbers. Federal authorities are gravely concerned about the “uptick in militia activities.” One federal authority recently said, “All it’s lacking is a spark. I think it’s only a matter of time before you see threats and violence.”

Source

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Now I don't know about you guys, but I am starting to see an issue here. We aren't just talking about economic crisis. We are talking about starving to death or civil war.

We are on the verge of something big methinks. How much longer can we last without actually doing something about it?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I so agree with you.

I also appreciate your work on making this thread.

The money is gone...what comes after that?

I think we have the same guess.

Be safe.

s/f

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Bring it! I am so ready for an end to the current "system"! The sooner we get on with it, the sooner we can get back to living like we were intended: FREE! The ones least likely to pull through the choas and turmoil are the people we need least - the rich! This is mostly because these folks don't know how to do a damned thing for themselves. Bring it and bring it FAST!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

What about Bill Gates? We might need Windows 8 after all.

Seriously, I think you are going to get your wish just be careful what you wish for.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I love reading folks who say "bring it on, I am ready" and then paint it as if the "poor" or "hungry" have the "best chance" to survive.

It is a simple fact that if a collapse happened, the "poor" or "common folk" would not do anywhere near as "well" as the rich who have had the power, money and resources (not to mention inside information and possible early warnings). They will not have to struggle nearly as much as those who are struggling now.

Every time I see some smug guy/girl saying "yehaw this will rule!", I want to slap them into reality.

If you think a total crashing of the system will make things better, or somehow easier, you are not paying much attention.

It will be bloody chaos filled with the nightmares of human suffering around you.

You think you are going to be getting the food?

You think you are going to be getting the shelter?

You think you are going to be "somehow" allowed to get the food and the shelter?

Do you think that if the system collapses that all the money-masters and elite-bastards are going to just turn to dust and leave you with a green field of grass to grow your new-life on?

Silly to wish for horror and destruction...And its absolutely "stupid" to assume "you" will benefit from such a thing.

Do you really think YOU will benefit from the falling of a society?

Do you actually think when Rome burned there were people dancing along side Nero saying- "this rules yo yo homie yo yo!"

Good luck...a lot of talk about "waking up" on these boards...wait until you really hear that alarm clock ringing...you will wish for sleep like no man has ever wished before.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I agree 100%. Civil war is not fun and games. We will be fighting our own brothers and sisters. We will be fighting the United States military. I'm sure eventually they will tire of slaughtering their brethren but until then every single one of us will look out our window and see hell unveiled. That is if you still have a window to look out of...

Anyone here played Modern Warfare 2?

It will be a lot like that except it won't be the Russians we will be fighting in what was once suburban America!

-----------------------------------

Of course this is not the only possibility. We might take it from the Govt. We might just let it happen until we starve to death. There may never be a Civil war. Instead of bullets, we will fear starvation.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

A lot of it Mask is the absolute crap we put up with day in and day out.

Which this story brings to mind-

And I saw Sisyphus at his endless task raising his prodigious stone with both his hands. With hands and feet he tried to roll it up to the top of the hill, but always, just before he could roll it over on to the other side, its weight would be too much for him, and the pitiless stone would come thundering down again on to the plain.

So many of us feel that we have to work 60 years of our lives to be able to retire for 5 years.

Hell, I have a lot of people in my family that their entire retirements were wiped out.

I am sure this is the standard in the middle and lower class in the US.

And do not give me the standard bullschmidt response that the Wall Street crooks would give me.

This has all been coming for 30 years.

I believe a planned destruction of the economies of the world to redistribute wealth upwards again. It seems that history does repeat itself, no?

Almost 80 years to the day.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i'm 57, bought a small house in 85' with 10% down and a 15 year mortgage, bought 2 year old cars when needed, ate at home most of the time, no boat, no big suv, no big trips, no trying to up the jones next door.

now...i have no debt, i've retired early, plenty of money, but not rich. i've been called a tight ass all my life, but now i'm financially comfortable. and i sit at home working at my hobbies, reading, going for drives with my wife, and not having to worry about some 401k, paying back loans, or bills.

we all make choices in life, and i was looked down on in my early years for not getting the bigger house, the better car, the rolex, the boat, the trips to hawaii...but i'm having the last laugh and yes i'm smug about it.
all those middle class people had the chance as i did, they made their bed and now they have to lie in it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wonder when it will happen.

The girl I love is in the US right now, I'm really worried for her, it's killing me knowing there's NOTHING I can do should this happen..

I'm wishing all you americans all the luck, I'm hoping for the best, sincerely.
You have my prayers, for what it's worth.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I found this on Project Camelot:

"I do not normally pass on rumors or hearsay, but a very good personal friend's uncle is a Deputy Economic Advisor to Obama as well as a Professior at a prestigious Eastern School. He was called into a private meeting last week with the President. They were told, I quote, the Following: "Between now and Jan 1st 70 more big banks will fail and 70% of Retail Companies will be Bankrupt. The President will allow them to make as much as they can for the Christmas Holidays then Jan 15 there will be a Bank Holiday and their new currency will be issued with a devaluation of 6 to 10 to 1. "I believe this is why they are trying to keep the market and dollar up now with their lies on all the News outlets. Set up the people to steal every last penny they can get. Martial Law cannot be too far behind. Get your money out of banks and into physical Gold and silver. I recommend 60% gold 40% silver, food, foundation seed, gun ammo generators... etc. If you cannot eat, drink it, wear it, live in it, raise food on it, do not invest in it. If you have stocks, bonds 401K IRA, take the penalty and put it in what I just said."

My biggest fear of societal collapse has always been:
24 hours after the power goes out and everyone has wiped out the grocery stores, roving gangs will go up and down the roads, kicking in doors, raping, killing, taking supplies food and your guns. If you think your AK-47, bushmaster, or whatever is going to save you, one Molotov on your house and you're done. What can you do?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I envy you, sincerely. That's exactly what I was hoping to achieve myself. Now I'm 28, still single with a crap job (and zero prospects), with a small savings after leaving the military. I'm a hard worker and one of those "stand up" guys, and I'm not one to start blaming my circumstances on anyone but myself, but it's really starting to feel like there's nothing there. That old entrepreneurial spirit doesn't seem to work anymore.

I sure as hell don't like thinking that I might be getting dragged into a bad circumstance that I won't be able to push myself out of, but it's really starting to feel like it.

I think the worst part overall was that a few years ago I thought things would get better and there'd be more opportunity overall. Now I'm a bit afraid that it won't, and I'll be better off taking no risks and keeping things exactly as they are now so I don't slide any further down.
Who knows. Here's hoping things turn around or I find something worthwhile.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

This is pretty frightening. Do you know how reliable that information is?

This issue and others were all being discussed last year around this time with projections into early 2009. When nothing major happened then, swine flu appeared in April with forced vaccination threats later in October. Nothing major appeared to happen there either but I think the swine flu stuff is still on its way, it has just died down in the media for now.

It seems like one giant psychological game is going on in which the truth about these things is being leaked and even reported on in the mainstream at times, but all the projections about when various events are supposed to occur all seem to be wrong. It is confusing and it makes me think that there is a game being played in which dates, times, and situations are purposely skewed in order to spread confusion and distraction. The collapse of the dollar, the potential for civil war, forced vaccinations, and other threats that we have long been hearing about are all still a possibility, but I believe major propaganda efforts have been utilized to spread confusion about when and how these things will happen. Ultimately, most of us will begin to think that "wolf" has been cried too many times for false alarms and forget about the issues. Then, all of a sudden, something major will occur. Be watchful.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by arroyofly]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by arroyofly

I agree. Disinformation is the key. They constantly put our king in check without ever making that one essential move. One day, there will be only checkmate.

I think there is a possible connection between these events and the implication that the RFID (I think that's right) chip will probably be implemented before any major moves are made. Once they can track us all, then we will see their winning hand. How can we fight an enemy that knows every citizen's (including freedom fighter's) location?

There will be no stopping them at that point. Yet the American public at large will probably not see or beleive any of this until it is too late.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I love reading folks who say "bring it on, I am ready" and then paint it as if the "poor" or "hungry" have the "best chance" to survive.

It is a simple fact that if a collapse happened, the "poor" or "common folk" would not do anywhere near as "well" as the rich who have had the power, money and resources (not to mention inside information and possible early warnings). They will not have to struggle nearly as much as those who are struggling now.

Every time I see some smug guy/girl saying "yehaw this will rule!", I want to slap them into reality.

If you think a total crashing of the system will make things better, or somehow easier, you are not paying much attention.

It will be bloody chaos filled with the nightmares of human suffering around you.

You think you are going to be getting the food?

You think you are going to be getting the shelter?

You think you are going to be "somehow" allowed to get the food and the shelter?

Do you think that if the system collapses that all the money-masters and elite-bastards are going to just turn to dust and leave you with a green field of grass to grow your new-life on?

Silly to wish for horror and destruction...And its absolutely "stupid" to assume "you" will benefit from such a thing.

Do you really think YOU will benefit from the falling of a society?

Do you actually think when Rome burned there were people dancing along side Nero saying- "this rules yo yo homie yo yo!"

Good luck...a lot of talk about "waking up" on these boards...wait until you really hear that alarm clock ringing...you will wish for sleep like no man has ever wished before.

Then we'll all know what it feels to be an iraqi...

Our forefathers took down the system, it was painful but necessary. It's a good thing none of them were scared of the process, if anything we should be looking forward to getting revolution started so our kids don't have to grow up in a fascist police state run by violent bush / obama oligarch war mongering scum.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arroyofly

Honestly I don't know the reliability of the info and I couldn't find out where Project Camelot heard it from.
After reading the OP's post it would seem the country is falling apart. On the bright side, America has seen hard times in the past, yet here we still are. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst is all anyone can do. If our society falls apart it may just be a reset. Americans are very resilient. We have a strong will to survive, however we have strayed so far from being self sufficient and dependent on electricity, cell phones, and grocery stores, that I fear this collapse will be the one that wipes out most of us out. Case in point, I have only been fishing once in my life.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm on board with Kozmo.

Let the world burn and let all the suckers die off. As many as heaven and hell can fit.

I'm tired as hell of the flow of my life being altered by force of someone else's 'authority' and someone else's 'economy.' I never wanted anything to do with either of those things in any shape or form. No, I'm not going to go running off in some 'cilvil war.' I have no desire to see any side or anything in control of anyone ever.

All I ever wanted was to be left alone on my land not to be bothered by anyone for any reason ever. Not by some tax collector and not by grandma trying to bring me cookies.

Something could happen where I get sick or my crops die or I break a leg hunting. So what? This is my choice and I'll happily die on my terms. But I'm not living on my terms now am I? None of us are.

Maybe, just maybe, if it all goes to pot I can get some time to live as a free man before this entirely slave life ends.

I sick of this #.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I hate to tell you, but if the dollar collapses, Iraq of today will look like a "party" in face of what reality comes.

Not saying Iraq is a walk in the park.

But it sure isn't billions of people eating each other and raping everything that moves while they murder for buckets of gas and a few bullets.

Again...not saying Iraq is "great fun times all day all night"...but it is nothing compared to a global collapse that drives 3.2 billion people to the most desperate actions you can imagine.

God bless those in Iraq and may they somehow find peace...but when the SHTF we will all beg for a little piece of Iraq for us all.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm on board with Kozmo.

Let the world burn and let all the suckers die off. As many as heaven and hell can fit.

I'm tired as hell of the flow of my life being altered by force of someone else's 'authority' and someone else's 'economy.'

So...who do you think is to blame for the problems facing us all today? A secret Illuminati-UFO-Spy-Agency-of-bakers-gone-wild...or apathetic people like you who do not care?

I think it would be your fault...since you "don't" give a fig about anything, and would rather see destruction and pain instead of the "life you are not pleased with now".

Yeah...well I am willing to bet, that if you just "don't care" and "you rather see suckers die off" that you also havn't done a damn thing to get off your butt and change it all.

And since you were too lazy to help...I bet you were also too complacent in your "unwanted life" to prepare for such a day. I guess that means you will be the sucker dying off, while more proactive and motivated people with purpose have a btter chance of survival.

I won't say "I want suckers to die"...I think you suck for even saying such a thing. But I will say, that the world will get a lot harder to "take advantage of" when people like you succumb to your own lack of action and "sucky additude".

Good luck...and hey, just remember, if anything happens, you are not welcome to join anything I have established. We won't be accepting applications from people who think global destruction is a "better thing" then "helping".

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I miss the Clinton days. I owned a business. My kids were young and perfect. Pre 911. Sniff sniff.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join