It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC knocked out by ANOTHER power failure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
they're gonna end up blowing up the planet with that faulty piece of shiat

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I say this time instead of spending weeks & months fixing it they should take the old fashioned route of just shouting obscenities/kicking it until it works again.

[edit on 2/12/09 by Bluebelle]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It is plausible to me that forces from the future are preventing the LHC from going on line, but it really astounds me that if for one moment I thought that I was about to do something that entities from the future did not want me to do, I would seriously re-think everything I was doing before I did it. In fact, I would delay as long as I could and down deep inside, I would thank the future messenger for giving me a warning that could help save the scientist and the planet.

These LHC scientist are suppose to be some of the smartest people on the face of the planet. Let's hope that someone in that circle of minds has some common sense and scrutinizes the overall agenda from the persepective of what they are about to do and what those results could materialize that could have been missed in the analysis leading up to the current project experiment.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have this feeling that for some reason it's just not gonna work

ever

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Well

That's a very positive attitude towards the future

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

You are forgetting this is the smartest and complex machine made ever if not billions then millions of parts.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Isn't this the 3rd time already(first delay was supposed to be just till April)? Well, like I've always said, once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. But three times? Now that's a pattern.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
I say this time instead of spending weeks & months fixing it they should take the old fashioned route of just shouting obscenities/kicking it until it works again.

Cant forget making angry faces at it too

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
arstechnica.com...

If I understand correctly, CERN is owned by TPTB. Read the last line and you have to wonder, why the rush?

Looking at this and how the UK flu unfolded, I'm fairly certain now that there are a lot of groups working behind the scenes. Ironically, someone referred me to this message, which kind of confirmed everything.

www.matthewbooks.com...

Just in case one of our friends is reading this forum, well, I hope they just bomb the # out of that thing, and get it over with.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
About this people coming back from the future and sabotaging the machine thing, apart from it being a paradox - wouldnt they be cutting it a bit fine trying to mess with it now? Why not just steal the blueprints or 'dispose' of whoever came up with the idea in the first place?
Or, if for some reason they could only come back once its been built, why not do the job properly & completely end the machine so that its beyond repair?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
arstechnica.com...

If I understand correctly, CERN is owned by TPTB. Read the last line and you have to wonder, why the rush?

CERN is an international body and is not owned by anyone in particular. I read the link you provided and it's mostly crap. In particular, Brookhaven National Lab does not have the facility to compete with the LHC and such assertion is BS.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Future Update:

Friday 4 Dec 2009: Team of scientists at Cern successfully prove existence of God Particle by accelerating high speed protons in opposite directions round a 27km circuit.

Sat 5 Dec 2009: Discovery declared null and void due to proton gaining an illegal advantage by cutting a chicane. Cern to appeal.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by spender
I think this LHC is turning out to be one huge lemon of a machine

You have no idea how swell this machine is. I'm now in about 1500 feet from the LHC ring. The commissioning went smoothly, we have collisions, all 4 experiments took first ever data, and things are looking up.

The fact that a high voltage line somewhere had a problem can excite only the ignorami. That's the level they operate in. No light in the toilet = bad.

LHC is safe and sound and I'm proud to contribute to this historical endeavor.

Good to hear from someone working directly on the project. In what way do you contribute if you don't mind me asking.

So how big a deal is this power problem? Will it be days or weeks before its back online?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Then you don't understand anything at all. CERN is funded by 20 different countries.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Bloody Nora!
They finally had it going with some minor tests then it shuts down AGAIN!
Something isnt right about that machine, it's becoming evident that it isnt meant to be used... perhaps it will change everything as we know it? If this "God Particle" comes into existence... doesnt that mean all religion will collapse? thus 3-4 billion lost souls worldwide floundering about...

I had a dream many months ago of a crack down the centre of europe and huge thunder storms with blue and red armies fighting one another... i hope it isnt related to the LHC.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
So how big a deal is this power problem? Will it be days or weeks before its back online?

On the monitoring page, the ring is indicated as all cold (which is good). Earlier today, I saw accelerator cycles on the monitor. I assume the machine is OK, and we also know that the machine people still have a lot of testing and tuning to do: collimators, beam dump, and much much more. It's not a toaster.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Oh, also... is anyone else a little worried that they've broke this thing twice already, so it kinda looks like they arent fully aware of exactly what they are doing?
And its alright saying that its new so its to need a bit of tweaking etc... but that machine's dealing with a hell of alot of power, and I'd hate to think what any other miscalculations or unexpected issues could result in.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Maybe it is future Israelis that have traveled back in time. They come back to admit that where wrong to blow up Iran in pre-emptive strike in their timeline.

After the sabotaged the LHC this time, they muttered something before they died in a tragic accident of high joules, ...

... "We come in peace."

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
Even as a programmer I realize that you can't code a program one time through and expect everything to work perfect.

Yes you can!
Especially if you use classes which are pre-tested

Ok... that made me laugh, so I have to quote it here to support SeeingBlue's post.

The more complicated a project is the faster it will fail, it is something any serious engineer of just about anything knows from experience. Cars will crash, air planes will go down, atom bombs will fart, space shuttles will explode and LHC may not even start in this century. It's simply due to sheer number of people involved and again, complexity of project.

As a quote from Jurassic Park would say:

"God help us. We're in the hands of engineers."

[edit on 2-12-2009 by SassyCat]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I read before that the Illuminati and CERN are related. Sure, it's funded by 20 countries, but "who" exactly are "the funders?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join