It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. Cancer Death Rate is 38% higher than in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

3 months and no appointment? Did you ring to chase them? I got physio a week after my cast came off my arm when I broke it earlier this year.

On the subject of holding off going to the doctor, that does seem to be a british trait. We put up with things, sometimes to our own detriment. It took me 24hrs to be pursuaded by the missus to finally go to hospital for my broken arm. I even continued to serve a Sunday roast after it broke and carved a chicken.. It was a good break too! But when I did go to the hospital, i was seen by a doctor, x-rayed and in plaster within 1 1/2 hours.

Never, ever had an issue with the NHS or ever had any of these scare stories you hear about.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

But yet, no one is mentioning, the UK has higher overall life expectancy than Americans.

Won't see that fact (or any) on FOX

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Never, ever had an issue with the NHS or ever had any of these scare stories you hear about.

Agreed.

Been treated perfectly for serious illness such as meningitis and bipolar mood disorder. Quality of care and service was great.

..didn't see one copy of Das Kapital or any other work by Marx. No Red Flag flying over the hospital neither!

And Americans believe the NHS is Communism. Pfft, they'll be believing in creationism next!

[edit on 5-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Oh God, statistics! Could it be that the difference between countries is down to what is recorded and what doctors put on death certificates as a matter of national process or imperative?

Could it be that in the US doctors are less likely to record cancer as the cause of death (for whatever reason, including late diagnosis) preferring to record other reasons.

Better look at the whole system to ascertain effectiveness. I can think that infant mortality and life expectancy to be more appropriate measues if there is going to be a generalist overview of healthcare systems - both where the US fall short.

Regards

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
[edit on 5/12/09, by Fang]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
And Americans believe the NHS is Communism. Pfft, they'll be believing in creationism next!

Careful inf... People might start thinking you're a prophet!

I am at a loss still as to why Americans would want to preserve a system that only gives healthcare to those that can afford the extremely high costs.

Surely society should care for all regardless of their ability to pay? Otherwise, what is the point of a society if it's "every man for himself"?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join