It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crisis of the arts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
news.independent.co.uk...

"To the abject dismay of many arts advocates, at least three states have put forward plans to suspend all funding for cultural organisations for the foreseeable future. The first state to take such drastic action is likely to be Arizona."

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The Arts in america ... hmmmm... havn't they ALWAYS been in crisis?

Does this mean that funding for Southpark, eminem, and Die Hard 5 are cut?

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
lol @ netchicken

AF1

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not South Park!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I go regularly to almost every museum in town...AND I can't miss a South Park episode, lol!!! It's a shame that more kids aren't exposed to the arts in schools, but let us not forget that the parents can likewise help in this regard. Take your kids to a museum, talk to them about the history involved, etc. It's amazing to see the look in a kids eyes, when they've seen a painting in a book, and then see it in real life, and it's 8'x12' !!!

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hey, I'm still waiting for the opportunity to take my wife to the various museums in Chicago...Science & Industry, Planetarium, etc. I've been to these places before & loved it! I was there when the Science & Industry Museum was showing the "Treasures of King Tut" exhibits...It was the main thing that got me into studying ancient Egypt in the first place & I've been into that subject ever since.

Although, in order to take my wife to see all of those places, I'd have to be able to afford clearing out about 2 weeks of time for us to hit them all...

As far as South Park goes...I don't know if it's "art", but I know what I like.

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

join