It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunt At Casa De Ruiz Albuquerque NM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Investigation Report

Date: 03 January 2001
Personnel Participating: Cody, Bob, Buck, Dana
Weather Conditions: Clear
Humidity: 34%
Geomagnetic Storm Activity: Quiet to Unsettled
Temperature: 39
Number of Photos taken: 88
Number with possible targets: 4
Average EM Readings: 8 mg
Average M fields Readings: 1 nt
Average E Field Readings: 1 vpm
Cold Spots detected: None
Olfactory Phenomena: None
Visual Phenomena: None
Type of Investigation: Ghost Hunt

Casa de Ruiz, which literally translates to "the house of Ruiz", has a long and distinctive history. Unfortunately much of this history has been lost with the passage of time and that which remains is at best uncertain. The house was built during the founding of Albuquerque sometime after 1706. This would make Casa de Ruiz the oldest residence in Albuquerque and one of the oldest structures in the state of New Mexico.

The property was originally a residence built by the Ruiz family in the early 1700's. It remained a residence until the last inhabitant, Rufina G. Ruiz died in 1991 at the age of 91. The house had never been sold and had remained in the Ruiz family since the early 18th century. The family can be traced back to Julianna Lucero and Francisco Ruiz both born around 1834.

I know this isn't my typical type of post preference I tend to stick to categories I know something about... However it may surprise you to learn in this particular case I know everything about the Ruiz house in old town Albuquerque... Why is simple, I was born in that house Rufina was my grandmother Sara my great-grandmother... my granddaughter is named after the Sara in this story...
Ghost hunter web site
Direct link to youtube vid

[edit on 2-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
DaddyBare! What a wonderful story, and I want to go there instantly.
It is so interesting to be connected in the way you are to such a mysterious, beautiful place.

Have you ever thought of visiting now, and going in "after hours" to introduce yourself to your great-grandmother, and see if she reacts to you? Or have you done so already? I think she would be enormously pleased. Or perhaps you met your great grandmother while she was still alive? (I had a great grandmother I was around for a few years. She had nine fingers, and one eye. Medicine was really terrible when she was a child, she said).

Anyway. When is the last time you were in the house? Do you really believe Sara is there in spirit? Please comment and tell more. I love these stories.

Thank you for posting this. I've got to run but will be back later to view the links you provided. At this point I've just read the OP and watched the vid.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
To answer the first of your many questions I was there in October. we've been many times and I have taken the kids with me. but we don't make a habit of visiting... you see me my daughter and granddaughter can go and nothing. no flying objects no ere sounds no sudden cold spots, the three of us have no personal stories to share. but my wife does. there were a few times when we spent the night while my grandmother was still alive and my wife will tell you she has been attacked several times, refuses to go in these days.

Back to me and the girl's we try not to visit to often as we've been told the level of activity spikes for a few days after.
Another reason I don't go much is its so sad that what once was just a normal neighbourhood with families and kids I played with daily... is now nothing but shops, a tourist trip... all those families I knew, gone, but my found memories remain.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It's interesting that she is still when you are there with your daughter and granddaughter. It could be Sara doesn't want to do anything that might frighten you.

I do understand about the sadness prompted by visiting sites from childhood. I have had these seem exhilarating at times, but also have experienced a sense of sadness. Now that I think about it, the place that evokes the most sadness is when I have occasion to ride by my own Grandmother's old house.

I spent so many hours, days, even weeks in that house, and it is sad to know that period and everyone and everything that went with it...is over. However, the house itself is still much the same. Only the people have changed. All strangers now. Except for the huge pecan trees. lol.

Thank you for attending to my questions. I actually do enjoy the story, and appreciate your sharing it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thank you DaddyBare for posting this story. I wonder why she remains? Or do you think she just comes back and visits? I love ghost stories. Again, thanks for the story.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sniknej

To be honest I'm not convinced said ghost in my great grandmother...
as they say in the story Sara was a healer this kinds of goes against the grain of what she believed... Also remember the house is over three hundred years old, most of it remains as it was when first built. there's a lot of history in those old walls, Sara was a famous historical figure well loved and fondly remembered, but it could be this ghost comes from an earlier time...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I kinda thought that too. They were making it like the ghost was angry. Being a gentle hearted healer, why would she remain and be upset, yelling at people to get out. 300+ years is a long time. It could be anyone really. Great story, thanks for sharing.

top topics

join