It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother has two-year-old son snatched by social workers after refusing doctor's advice to feed him j

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

They are allowed to eat anything they want and as much as they want.

According to the article that wasn't the case with this couple. In fact it was the exact opposite. The parents were apparently feeding them healthy home cooked food.

I know of a family (actually the father is a very very old boyfriend of mine), the parents are extremely overweight. They have 2 kids, who are 5 and under 1. Both are extremely fat. The 5 year old wears clothing sized for a 10 year old.

We need to get the ability in our society to think analytically. What is the root cause of this families lifestyle. Most families that feed there children fast food every night is due to economical and time constraints. We erroneously believe how much we have advanced in the last 100 years however 100 years ago kids were eating farm fresh food. What has changed?

And to anyone that believes that the Government would feed our children properly need only to look at what is being fed to children in the public school system.

Retain your rights!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I understand your point and I do agree to a certain extent. However in this case the government has no business getting involved.

The child is losing weight but is still within the normal range for their age. The parents are trying to get the child to eat healthy food but the child doesn't like it. This is just a matter of the child being stubborn and not wanting to eat what is put in front of them. He will not starve, believe me the child will eat what ever they are offered after missing just a single meal. This is not abuse, the parents cared enough to take the child to the doctor and instead of backing the parents the doctor recommened that they give in to the child and give him junk food so he will eat. The parents refused because they want the child to grow up to be a healthy person and not a fat slob addicted to fast food and junk.

What is happening here is that child has now learned that his parents are not the authority in his life, the government is. So he will end up defiant with no respect for his parents. This is the further destruction of the traditional family unit in my opinion. Before long the children will be owned and raised by the state with the parents having very little say.

I can't tell you how many times my mother put a plate of food in front of me that I could not stand (liver and brussels sprouts...yuk). You know what she told me when I refused to eat it? She told me that is all you get tonight so you can eat it or go to bed hungry. I few times I did still refuse and I went to bed with my stomach grumbling, most of the time I just ended up eating it even though I did not like it. Its called parenting. Leave it up to the parents not the government.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I understand it was the opposite. My point was about government stepping in and where the line is, if there is one. Trust me, I want less government. But as a mom, its hard not to be concerned with innocent children out there!

In the story I told. These people have money, and time is not an issue. They just love junk food and are lazy. Their pantry is filled with chips, cookies and candy. And im sure this is for many many families.

[edit on December 2nd 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
. . .
Its all disgusting to me. Every time I see pictures of those kids stuffing their face, I want to cry and scream at those parents. It is abuse, IMO.
Not only are their self esteems being ruined, but their health too!

So, is there a line that once crossed, the government must step in? . . . .

So can we assume you are supportive of parents who,
when a child is healthy but a fussy eater,
take him to a doctor over his fussy eating,
and when the doctor advises they feed him lollies and junk food,
refuse to take that stupid advice?

- Because they want their child to be fit and healthy, not a fat slob like the ones you describe. . .

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I fear national health care for EXACTLY this reason.

There obviously was not nearly the tests done on this child from parasites to brain scan needed, this could very well be a misdiagnosis of failure to diagnose something.

And they would take the child away.

In that situation... My life as I know it would end that day, I would not let them have the child...

I would have the BRAINS to LIE and agree with the doctors but after hearing that threat, I would seek asylum elsewhere with my children politically and my escape would have to (hopefully not) be from an internal standpoint an "any means necessary" situation. It is a situation where my life could come to an end. Even a simple crossing of a border illegally is after all dangerous.

But some things if you let them do, your already dead anyway.

This day I would no longer be a citizen of America if put in those shoes and god willing I could escape without bloodshed and my life intact.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I still think there's a lot of missing information here.

Did the parents really think the doctor was going to make the child less picky when it comes to eating? Did they think he was going to give him a pill that makes him like brussel sprouts?

Child services will take your kids if you don't feed them. They wont take your kids because the kid doesn't like the food you provide.

There's more here than what's being disclosed.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by Unit541]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So you think the aneorix shallow nukis on telvision are healthy.

Uhh, no. Considering I worked in healthcare for years I know the signs, just look at his complexion. I may be wrong, it could well be alcoholism. Aside from that, yes they are both overweight (not obese).

ONLY A SADIST WOULD WANT TO SLEEP WITH A FRAGILE STARVING WOMAN.

Good job there's plenty of sadists around then.

Now do the real thing that counts: LOOK IN THEIR EYES. Nice couple, integrity and goodness.

I'm sure people who knew John Wayne Gacy thought the same. Of course, all about the eyes, how silly of me.

Yours, I don't have to look in. Grow the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!

See following quote:

And get over this nazi fanaticism with judging others.

So being a fanatic Nazi who judges only applies to those who share a different opinion to you? You just did the same, hypocrisy much?

If you believe every word that paper publishes I feel very sorry for you, it's well-known for committing crud to print. As for the family themselves, why not kick up a stink sooner, I know I would have. Maybe it's about the money, one has to question how much they got for this story. What if the child wasn't taken and he starved to death (it's happened before), imagine the fuss then! I'm still fairly certain that there is more to this than is being let on as it's too "out there", I know the majority of ATS will disagree because we are on the whole very anti-establishment and will vote in the favour of the citizen nine times out of ten... but why is it that when a paper publishes something they disagree with it's "TPTB brainwashing" and when they find something else that roughly aligns with their beliefs it doesn't warrant a further investigation?

Her Twitter page (HonestLiza): twitter.com...

She doesn't seem to concerned about the lack of her child from the postings of the 7th and 23rd of November:

I love nicolas cage hes the best actor ever with soOOoo many talants
1:46 PM Nov 7th

@MissKellyO Kelly you looked so lovely out there, your the best on the floor and you should win, you truely have made the show 4 me..Lisa xx

Here it gets interesting:

@jamie_oliver Jamie HELP, me and my husband have 5 children, we feed our children good food, im getting slated for not giving them junkfood
4:43 PM Nov 26th from web in reply to jamie_oliver

Slated? Doesn't mention her child being taken yet, just words. That doesn't add up for starters as the timeline doesn't fit. This tweet doesn't fit in with the trauma of having a child snatched either!

@MrJackO Hope your feeling better soon darling, i hate the thought of thinking of you in bed all porley sick,,xx
3:35 PM Nov 27th

Only on the 30th does she mention her baby and that she'd be on the news. Make what you will of that, but I'm positive some other things have occurred that the paper has omitted.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
I still think there's a lot of missing information here.

Did the parents really think the doctor was going to make the child less picky when it comes to eating? Did they think he was going to give him a pill that makes him like brussel sprouts?

Child services will take your kids if you don't feed them. They wont take your kids because the kid doesn't like the food you provide.

There's more here than what's being disclosed.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by Unit541]

Id agree with you. Im not even sure I believe that a doctor said this. How come he was not taken to court? Too much one sided story. I wish the doctor had been interviewed and in court.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Why dont, instead of complaining about the kids weight, we ask the father or mother if we can take them to play kickball or something. You said you used to know the guy. Help out. Maybe we, as a society, need to look out for ourselves, as a society, instead of looking to the government for help?
When the gov't does something they usually over do it. So why place so much faith in them.

MessONThefED!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The moment I read the headline I thought "this has to be in the UK" and sure enough.....

This is what happens when a people abdicate all their rights and responsibilities to an all providing, all encompassing, mommy state.
And to think England is one of the birthplaces off freedom.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I don't know about you my friend, but here in the south where I live they look skinny by the state I live standards.

I mean I have been told in my neck of the woods that I am too skinny.

The two person in that picture are the portrait of modern society at least here in the US that have a very high incident of obesity and is becoming the norm.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Why dont, instead of complaining about the kids weight, we ask the father or mother if we can take them to play kickball or something. You said you used to know the guy. Help out. Maybe we, as a society, need to look out for ourselves, as a society, instead of looking to the government for help?
When the gov't does something they usually over do it. So why place so much faith in them.

MessONThefED!

Um. Ok. They live 2000 miles away. Why do I need to help him out? LOL He used to play soccer and football and be a body builder. He got married, got lazy and is raising lazy kids. Lazy is a choice and he even admits to it. Cant change people on the inside. Cant change the outside until you change the inside.

And where did I say I place so much faith in the government? LOL I said I want less government. But I posed a question: where is the line, if there is one.

[edit on December 2nd 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

t's a pain that, once in a while, good parents have to endure a bit of heart break when they didn't deserve it, but overall, i'm glad there are people out there keeping an eye out for children in danger from their parents.

Once in a while? really? No I am sorry but this is the norm thanks to tittle IV funding.

You hang on just a minute.. While i realize that the civil services are an important thing, they do help many children in need,

Really? Sorry, but the truth is they HATE taking kids who are actually abused. Its not profitable under Tittle IV funding. When they do remove these kids from there homes, they are 11 times more likely to die in un monitored foster homes than they would have in their on homes. They are kept drugged because the pharmasutical companies by ungodly amounts of money to use these children as test subjects on the latest designer drug for deppression or what ever the popular mental disorder of the day is. Then when they age out they are thrown out on the street with no real world or experiance or life skills. There only hope is if they got lucky and landed in a good foster home, and truthfully those are far and few between.

so you think that they should just believe parents who say they aren't neglecting their children? that'll work, because we all know that the freaks that neglect their children normally just admit to it immediately.
Are you talking about neglect or abuse, because most neglecters are not freaks. They just didn't have the rescorces to properly provide for their children. I'm sorry but i find it very important to make that distinction.

You believe the burden of proof should be on the parents? You support a system that gives the Government so much power that they can remove your children without due process or any significant reason.

Exactly my friend. The truth is no evidence ever has to be shown to prove whether the parents were fit enough. Just the social workers word who is being encouraged to remove children at all costs for bonuses on they're paychecks and and an increase in government money.

I just want to scream and cry for the injustice that will be done to these parents. The absolute hell they well put through.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Why do I need to help him out?

This comment is exactly why we will never make it as a society. We are all doomed to self destruct.

And i wasnt talking about you personally. It could be a neighbor or teacher or anyone for that matter. All people are not bad even tho the media would like to tell us otherwise. But hey who am i to judge.

MessOnTHeFED!

[edit on 2-12-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

[edit on 2-12-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy".

Soon we will be "gatorading" crops.... and water will only be used in the toilet.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'd have to agree that there MUST be something more to this story, because if a doctors solution for a child refusing to eat properly is to give in to the childs demands, the child will use this behaviour to get his way whenever needed. Basic child psychology.

Even if it was just a one off thing, "To get him eating again." This is a totally retarded to thing to propose.

As for where the line should be? An actual court case would be nice, before the child is taken. The parents could explain WHY they didn't follow the doctors orders. I'd quickly explain how idiotic his advice was.

You could argue that all the children actually being abused would then have to put up with the abuse. That is a fair argument, I could say that after social services showing an interest, they would surely stop the abuse? At least till they think the 'coast is clear'.

Think of all the families that wouldn't be ripped apart? I read of a case on here a while ago that had the children in foster homes for (4 years?), when the case finally concluded and deemed them innocent, the parents couldn't get their kids back as social services didnt want to 'uproot them again.' The children had been quite young when taken and had spent most of their memorable life with foster parents.

Now as a mother, would you stand for that? Is that their choice to call? Do they have the right to refuse to rectify their own mistake.

I hope they got their kids back in the end, but as far as I remember, they didn't, the court case was ongoing.

EMM

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I hate doctors, always have always will, but 1 stone 3 pounds is only 17 pounds. A two year old boy should not weigh 17 pounds and be losing weight. Do I agree with just feeding him junk food? No. There are however, two sides to every story. Perhaps the doctors simply told her to start shovelling more calories, and used junk food as an example? On another note, isn't it kinda bad for a woman ovr 40 to give birth?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Agreed. Somehow I don't think we are getting the full picture. This is actually a shocking weight for a child that age. It's easy to criticise social workers - they are damned if they act and damned if they don't.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I don't know about you my friend, but here in the south where I live they look skinny by the state I live standards.

I mean I have been told in my neck of the woods that I am too skinny.

The two person in that picture are the portrait of modern society at least here in the US that have a very high incident of obesity and is becoming the norm.

Skinny people blame it all on lazy slobs pigging out, but I think it goes much deeper.
The fluoride added to water interferes with the thyroid gland, slowing the metabolism. This leaves you cold, tired and hungry, and unable to burn up the calories. - And without the energy to exercise.
A couple of warning signs are thinning hair, dry skin, forgetfulness and depression.

And the healthiest foods to keep weight down, eg fish and vegetables, cost a lot more in some places than greasy carbohydrate laden junk.

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I think another factor is that people seem less and less able/willing to prepare fresh food.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join