It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Not A 'Damn Thing' Israel Can Do to Stop Nuclear Program

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad: Not A 'Damn Thing' Israel Can Do to Stop Nuclear Program

www.foxnews.com

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said there isn't a "damn thing" Israel can do to stop its nuclear program, Reuters reported.

"The Zionist regime (Israel) and its (western) backers cannot do a damn thing to stop Iran's nuclear work," Ahmadinejad said in a televised speech, according to Reuters.

Iran said Wednesday it would produce whatever nuclear fuel it needed on its own, the latest indication it was rejecting a U.N.-backed deal aimed at reining in Tehran's nuclear program over fears it is geared to produce weapons.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran will enrich its
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This could be pretty interesting. Although, I can somewhat understand where he's coming from. I will do everything I can to protect my family, friends and country... so if this is his motivation, I say go for it. But, if there is ulterior motive here like say... building nuclear weapons, then he definitely needs to be controlled. Pretty bold either way...

What do you think?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Is it about protection?

They made fissile material, but after that they have to make technology to make uranium or plutonium to explode in a nuclear reaction.
This is known as weaponization.

So far there has been no evidence of weaponization.

So what's the big deal?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

I agree with you they have not attacked anybody and it's there right we all know Israel have nuclear weapons what is good for one is good for the other S+F they should not cave in to bully boy tactics.
Edit to add i am not talking about Iran trying to build nuclear weapons just for power but even if they wanted the bomb everyone else has them so whats wrong if they wanted one there is nothing wrong with having a deterrent for security.

THANKYOU

[edit on 103131p://2009-12-02T10:31:57-06:000212 by mars1]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
He is not building nuclear weapons for petes sake....erm dont you think he would have been put to shame if so....(sarcastic).
He is feeding the world with the fear he has been asked to show.
Israel is feeling the end....Their beliefs are falling to pieces.
Mark my words..After all the scheming Israel and Mossad have been upto invoved in 911 and 7/7 and Madrid....They have become the biggest laughable patsys of all time...and they know it.
This is why Pakistan is a new throw in name....This is the true endgame

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Dem's fightin' words. Umm, well, they could nuke you. They could ask for as many bunker busters, daisy cutters, and MOABs from the USA as is need to bring Iran back to neolithic days. If your job is to be a loudmouthed moronic provocateur, well, job well done Ahmie.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
building nuclear weapons, then he definitely needs to be controlled. Pretty bold either way...

America never stops using radiative bombs and are the only ones on earth to blow up cities with a bombs. So who is the danger here?

Iran has had a long history, and what makes the op think they cannot be left to there own doing what they are doing. Oh yep we need to watch them while they do nothing and america is blowing up weddings. Handy to be the biggest bully on earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
believe or not Iran has had he material to build nuclear weapons for 30 years - and supplied by the USA , and yet they haven`t done.

the operational nuclear reactor in Tehran , until 1993 ran on 98% pure weapons grade uranium.

can`t see any bombs can you?

they also have drums of plutonium - still sealed since teh 1980`s.

North Korea , as soon as they could got there hands on plutonium and made a bomb or 5 - Iran has the stuff sitting there and hasn`t touched it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Did he actually say 'Damn'? Forgive me if I'm skeptical it's just that the MSM spun the whole 'Wipe Israel off the map' thing into hyperbole not too long ago...

Is there a copy of the original transcript or something?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

No he never said that he was misquoted do not remember what he actually said but it was not Wipe Israel off the map.
That is just propaganda the MSM and some governments use.
Edit to add found something on that misquote do not know if this is a reliable source but here you go www.mohammadmossadegh.com...

THANKYOU

[edit on 113131p://2009-12-02T11:51:04-06:000212 by mars1]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Is the silly rants of Ahmadi even worth air-time anymore? Why do you people here still listen to him and then analyse it as though he has taken the time to think carefully before speaking. He gets a script, and the writers of this script have lost the plot - so of course his words are absolute meaningless crap!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What many of you forget is that he doesn't say anything with out the express approval of the ruling mullahs. They, not him, are in charge...

He can say whatever the hell he wants, and it's essentially meaningless... What are the mullahs saying?

Then let's have a conversation.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by john124

they are worth far more than the nazi hate iran abd utter bollocks you type.

I had the pleasure of putting him on ignore weeks ago,wouldnt give the time of day to him in the real world so its pointless wasting time here reading his drivel

Iran is doing everything by the books with its nuclear program,but the western media and the BBC are putting on every twit on twitter they can find to scream stolen elections and big up the nuclear issue when this very country is going to expand our nuclear energy sites in the near future

They even allow the wipe israel off the map comments to pour off politicians lies,without stopping them in their decietfull tracks and informing them their wrong

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I tell you it makes on wonder where the 30,000 extra troops will be stationed in Afghanistan and if it will be close to the Iranian border.

All this political theatre we are being treated to on both sides of the aisle is bound to culminate in something big, bad and ugly sooner or later.

The question is why since the Iranian nation has been a peaceful one that's erradicated much of the poverty and disparity that was the hallmark of the pro-Western Shah's despotic regime.

I would feel less troubled by all this political theatre if it weren't for Ahmadinejad, greeting CNN's Larry King with a Master Mason's hand shake.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud last night when Obama said in his speech "America doesn't seek domination through empire, that is not our way".

Perhaps he is telling the truth since America itself doesn't benefit from all this warmongering just the Oil Companies, Military Industrial Complex and Banks do. Sadly as the bailouts and wars have demonstrated it is the Banks, Oil Companies and Military Industrial Complex that rules and controls America.

I honestly feel that there is a vast conspiracy to start a Third World War the likes of which we have never seen or imagined and that all the leaders including Ahmadinejad, Obama and Netanyahu are all working together to stage the pretext for it.

I remain deeply concerned regarding these events and under no circumstances favor an additional war with Iran.

To many lies and subterfuges are coming out of all of our governments in my humble opinion for the people to risk believing a word of it from any quarter.

[edit on 2/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Do you think POTUS roles his own dice,or dances to other peoples tunes?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

You know some mite say that about Gordon Brown or Obama or any politician for that mater because all they do is talk a load of bull they all think and stutter before they speak specially Obama without his teleprompter.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Some more than others, my friend... Do I believe that POTUS is standing alone? Not hardly...at the very least, his opinions are the result of consensus, at the very most (and worst), they're dictated to him...

Iran's President says what he says only through the offices of the mullahs. That is very obvious. That may indeed be the case for other leaders, yet less obvious.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
America never stops using radiative bombs and are the only ones on earth to blow up cities with a bombs. So who is the danger here?

Iran has had a long history, and what makes the op think they cannot be left to there own doing what they are doing. Oh yep we need to watch them while they do nothing and america is blowing up weddings. Handy to be the biggest bully on earth.

Why don't you get a good accurate history book AND READ IT. Not one of those liberalist revisionist books that they use in schools now. By dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and making the Emporer of Japan realize defeat, millions of lives were saved. Most of them Japanese. Read about the Tokyo firestorms and the number of people killed in them and then tell me the atom bombs were so bad.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by john124

they are worth far more than the nazi hate iran abd utter bollocks you type.

I'm sorry but you really do not understand what I said and the situation, if this is a serious response from you.

How many people on ats need to have black and white approaches to these things - it's much more complicated. Someone can say the exact same words as I have said, and love the country of Iran. You would see many Iranian's say the same words as I do.

And your friend who "boasts" about putting me on ignore also lacks the same judgement as yourself. I'll post a link to the really pathetic comments he wrote if you want, but I'm sure you would prefer to insult others instead rather than do anything constructive.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by john124]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join