It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arming Goldman With Pistols Against Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Arming Goldman With Pistols Against Public

www.bloomberg.com

Dec. 1 (Bloomberg) -- “I just wrote my first reference for a gun permit,” said a friend, who told me of swearing to the good character of a Goldman Sachs Group Inc. banker who applied to the local police for a permit to buy a pistol. The banker had told this friend of mine that senior Goldman people have loaded up on firearms and are now equipped to defend themselves if there is a populist uprising against the bank.

I called Goldman Sachs spokesman Lucas van Praag to ask whether it’s true that Goldman partners feel they need handguns to protect themselves from the angry proletariat. He didn't call me back. The New York Police Department has told me that "As a preliminary matter" it believes some of the bankers I enquired about do have pistol permits.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
LOL

Seems the criminals running our gov puppets are forseeing the writing on the wall, and arming themselves for the eventual unraveling that their robbery of the populace has catalyzed.

We hear talk daily of an angry populace arming themselves to the teeth in anticipation of the proverbial feces-hitting-the-fan with all of the endless corruption, robberies, stripping of rights, and finacial destitution, but now the very entities which are in good part responsible for starting this financial armeggeddon snowball rolling down hill are arming THEMSELVES, like they are PREPARING for a war against those whom they've violated!

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I believe this is already being talked about here:
Above Top Secret

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I thought guns were illegal in New York city. I guess when you have a certain amount of money laws don't matter anymore.

I hate goldman sachs. It is the evilest organization on the planet. It needs to be burned to the ground.

I'm glad they are filled with fear, as they know they raped the public. They deserve to be lynched.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

They may soon need those guns to carry out their heists. We already have reverse bank robberies but people are running out of money to give them. I can see them now demanding the watches and jewelry of the people who walk into their banks very difficult to do without guns.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by downtown436

In places like NYC and Chicago and California where you and I are disarmed by the law the rich and powerful and criminal still get everything they want.

Chicao is especially fun. Just about every gun ban proponent in that city has been busted having an illegal handgun. One in particular was his politician who when caught gave the statement "I will be left defenseless."

I'll grab a couple of links when I'm not posting from mobile.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Edited to add a link to a source

In 1994, State Sen. Rickey Hendon had an unregistered handgun stolen from his home in a burglary, and he didn't feign contrition about his disregard of the ordinance.

"I have a right to protect myself," he declared, noting that he had been burglarized before—and forgetting that the state legislature of which he is a member allows Illinois cities to deprive their citizens of that right. Asked if he would replace the lost piece, Hendon said, "No comment." The police were kind enough not to charge him. Source

I can almost understand the misguided yet well-intentioned effort to remove firearms from the world but when you go off supporting removing them from the hands of one segment of society and not the other you're working well into evil territory.

U.S. Sen. Roland Burris, another Chicagoan, has endorsed a nationwide ban on handguns and, in 1993, organized Chicago's first Gun Turn-in Day. But the following year, while running unsuccessfully for governor, he admitted he owned a handgun—"for protection," he explained—and hadn't seen fit to turn it in along with those other firearms.

A law banning handguns, in Scott's view, was necessary to protect public safety. But when it came to protecting his private safety, he somehow perceived the law to be a hindrance, not a help.

Somebody should just nuke Chicago flat. Put a really tall fence up first so none of these people can escape and spread their disease.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
/reality-check

Come on guys, don't hate the player, hate the game..

If you don't like Goldman profiting immensely on silly currency trades and financial transactions, get involved in politics (grass roots level) to change the way investment banking works in this country. You can't stop it by complaining about it.. you have to actually use the government to your advantage for change to happen.

Or you could just join them. Nothing worse than people seeing a success and saying "Gosh, I wish they were as miserable and poor as me."

This is a capitalist society -- nobody is holding you back from doing the same thing these guys do. It's very possible to engage in the same activity, and reap the same rewards. But it takes hard work -- nobody is going to do it for you, and getting angry at people who've decided to make intelligent decisions about their career just makes you look bitter and selfish.

This country is a democracy, and the only way to make a democracy better it to have better citizens. It's our job to act responsibly, and stay ahead of the curve.

Guess what, it's hard work. You'll have to turn off the TV and put your nose cheek-deep into a book for at least an hour every day. And not harry potter -- something that actually teaches you things (anything).

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
/reality-check

Come on guys, don't hate the player, hate the game..

If you don't like Goldman profiting immensely on silly currency trades and financial transactions, get involved in politics (grass roots level) to change the way investment banking works in this country. You can't stop it by complaining about it.. you have to actually use the government to your advantage for change to happen.

Or you could just join them. Nothing worse than people seeing a success and saying "Gosh, I wish they were as miserable and poor as me."

This is a capitalist society -- nobody is holding you back from doing the same thing these guys do. It's very possible to engage in the same activity, and reap the same rewards. But it takes hard work -- nobody is going to do it for you, and getting angry at people who've decided to make intelligent decisions about their career just makes you look bitter and selfish.

This country is a democracy, and the only way to make a democracy better it to have better citizens. It's our job to act responsibly, and stay ahead of the curve.

Guess what, it's hard work. You'll have to turn off the TV and put your nose cheek-deep into a book for at least an hour every day. And not harry potter -- something that actually teaches you things (anything).

These bankers are theives. Stealing to satiate greed carries a heavy karmic tab which will be paid down one way or the other by those who indulge in it. The Bankers at Goldman Sacks if they were indeed smart enough to make it into those ivy league colleges they all attended should be smart enough to quit while they still can.

Eventually, some politician will unleash the sec. Then the fun will begin. The SEC are like the seven sons of Hell. Most bankers would rather see an angry mob.The banks will be surrounded by paddy wagons and cops. Vicious mean accountants with the police will raid those banks. At which point the bankers will put those guns to use.

new topics

top topics

join