It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul - The Most Dangerous Man In America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ron Paul: Every man for himself!

Ron Paul: Every man for himself!

www.independent.co.uk...

But in the US, his books now become instant best-sellers and he tours university campuses pushing a libertarian agenda. Where once he believed he was seeding the ground for a movement that would triumph well after his own career is over, to his own astonishment, policies he has espoused to almost universal ridicule for decades might just be about to go into law.

And this is why the economic and political establishment fears Ron Paul as one of the most dangerous men in America.

I came across this article about Ron Paul and thought i would post it on here for your reading pleasure.

However, my real purpose is to gauge peoples attitudes and thoughts towards the man.

A quick ATS search found, surprise, surprise, conflicting views. From being "too good to be true" to being the "anti-christ".

I plead ignorance about politics. Especially American politics, as a Brit in his early twenties, its not something that I am overly interested in.

But it seems that Ron Paul shares ideas with many of us here on ATS, he seems like a good guy.

Could this man ever be President of the United States of America?
Is he really that dangerous to the established elite?

What are peoples thoughts about this man?

Peace.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
To answer your question: YES, he is. But in this case, danger=good.

Now if only he was 20 years younger.....

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Personally, I'm a fan.

In my opinion, he has a near perfect stance on everything from the fed to the iraq war. And, this isn't due to him adhering to the typical political pressures that come with any seat of office either. He has a moral and ethical foundation for his stances on every issue and this ultimately seems to be where his accuracy originates. I respect this trait greatly, as he will openly say something that he believes in despite the backlash that usually results. It's only comical that weeks, months or sometimes even years later, when the political winds change, we find Mr. Paul standing in the same spot he always stood. With everyone gazing at him as if he just arrived late to the party.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Could this man ever be President of the United States of America?

We tried this. No. THEY will never allow him to be President.

Is he really that dangerous to the established elite?

Absolutely. Therefore he would never be allowed to be President.

IMO Paul being shut out of the election was a tragic loss to this country.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Keep in mind, the people who are labeling him 'dangerous' are the 'economic and political establishment'. Well golly gee. The very entities that have looted America, taken away most of our civil liberties, trashed the economy, repeatedly lied to us in order to engage in wars of dubious purpose, happily thrown people out of their jobs and homes while lining their pockets with bailouts and obscene bonuses are afraid of Ron Paul. Gee, I wonder why??

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You know what I like the most about Dr. Paul?

It's the little known facts about him

For one is his voting strategy

No matter what the bill is about, if he was not given adequate time to read the bill he will vote nay.

It's like the difference between reading an article headline and commenting versus reading the entire article.

I think more lawmakers need to take this approach.

edit for grammar

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Boy howdy I had to read alot of your posts to finally come across one that I agree with.
I guess there is always some common ground somewhere...

Why did Ron Paul allow himself to be in the Bruno movie, that one bugs me. Did he have no say-so in the matter?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yep and we all know obamas record on voting lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The mindless worship here of Ron Paul is most amusing!
If you really agree with him fine, but it seems a lot of people really know nothing about him. Mostly I hear "he's for The Constitution", which is about as vague as you can get.
He's a politician, a wheeler dealer just like the rest of 'em. He's great at diverting Federal money to his district. Now that's OK by me, that's kind of what a Congressman does, but he's got a good PR scam going.
Here's how it works! ( A lot of "conservative" small government types use this).
Take a bill that you know will pass, despite your opposition on" moral "grounds. Add a bunch of pork for your district. Vote NO loudly and very publicly, bemoaning spending, big government etc.
Hey presto! The bill passes, you get your pork and you get to bad mouth the bill at the same time! Best of both worlds! Texas politics IS Texas politics after all! It's an old trick, a lot of 'em do it!
Don't believe it about your Sainted Ron?
google "Ron Paul pork", you'll get a nice 80 some page list!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Honestly as far as Dr. Paul is concerned you can throw anything you want at me and i'll have an answer for you and I can go as detailed as you wish.

Mindless worship?
I think not, RP is an open book
Unlike almost all other politicians any question you have Dr. Paul probably answered it some time during his political career.

As far as Pork is concerned perhaps you and the writers of these blogs do not understand politics too well.

Most of the "pork" that you speak of is earmarks.
If you understood how earmarks worked you'd love Ron Paul.

He represents people who want their money back, if he didn't take these earmarks guess what? they would just stay at the executive branch, that's why it's important for him to take it.

I believe it's your dislike for Dr.Paul is that mindless, and if not throw anything you want at me and i'll answer it.

Thx

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
The mindless worship here of Ron Paul is most amusing!
Don't believe it about your Sainted Ron?

SOURCE

If you read the rebuttal, it's actually fair. The "earmarks" are important to the financial security and physical safety of the citizens he was elected to represent. So, I'm uncertain as to why this is a bad thing in your eyes.

I'm also not sure why you included a rant about how all politicians are evil and corrupt. Is it futile to support more honest politicians? How are things supposed to improve otherwise?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

All I said was I see mindless worship of Paul. there is plenty of it, just as there is for Obama, Palin, Bush, etc.
Yes, I mean earmarks, and if you read my post, I SAID that's his job!
To pretend he is George Washington and the cherry tree is silly. He IS a poltical animal after all. And to pretend he doesn't BS to his own advantage is ridiculous!
At the height of Paul's popularity, I asked the people that told me they wanted him as President why they supported him. 98% answered "he's for The Constitution", he wants small Government, he's for the common man etc. Very few seemed to really know anything about him.
Sorry! That's not my fault! If Paul did become President ( which will never happen), I think you would see a very different man than you do now. I think thats true of all Presidents.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
All your doubts are easy to dispel, all you have to do is think back on what happened when he was running for president, and was being polled very favorably!

Until one of those critical tv debates, in which they denied him entry.

I hope this clears it for you!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Great Article:

As a former non-voter, turned state delegate (For Dr. Paul) I cannot say enough about his message.

Once again, its the message.

We knew he wouldn't win the election, but we also knew people would LOVE his message of freedom.

The hard part is explaining to people the great amount of RESPONSIBILITY that it takes to achieve the level of freedom we are capable of.

Dr. Paul changed my life...to say the least

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

What rant? I certainly didn't say anything like all pol's are evil and corrupt!
If you guys would actually read my post instead of knee-jerk feeling you need to defend Paul, you might figure out that I'm talking about the PR aspect of manipulating an image, not the earmarks ( pork ) itself.
I know it's heresy on ATS to not love Ron Paul!
but like most topics here, it's monkey see, monkey do! Sorry!

[edit on 2-12-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Why did Ron Paul allow himself to be in the Bruno movie, that one bugs me. Did he have no say-so in the matter?

In this interview Ron Paul talks about that.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
He's a dork. He comes up with ideas that appeal to the public that aren't practical.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What's not practical about relying on YOURSELF instead of a Gov. Entity?

People who want to be left alone and have children with morals and dignity are seperating themselves from Big Gov. More and more everyday.

The Bill of Rights is a very practical document.

What is not practical, is trusting a private banking cartel to do what's best for the people's hard earned money.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I am all for Ron Paul but from what i have seen he will not run for president, most likely it will be Ventura on the card.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys/gals

It seems to me that Ron Paul is a bit of a loner.

He seems to not stand with most Republicans and differs when it comes to policies.

He should form his own party maybe?

Peace.

top topics

join